Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo (18069 Views)

‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / PDP Replies Obasanjo: We Did Not Procure Supreme Court Judgement / Lai Mohammed Replies Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari (Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Omooba77: 6:31am On Oct 19, 2017
The Peoples Democratic Party has said that it will not force former President Olusegun Obasanjo to return as its member.

It said it would respect the decision of the former President, but added that whether he returned or not, it (the party) would not die.

Obasanjo had on Tuesday vowed never to return to the party, saying he would rather remain a statesman, working for the interest of the nation.

He spoke with journalists after he held a meeting with the National Caretaker Chairman of the party, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, behind closed doors at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta.

He had said, “I have told the chairman that I was in the PDP before but not now. God forbid, se when dog vomits, it will go back to eat its vomit, no.

“I have said no partisan politics for me again, but Nigeria is my passion until death do us apart. And anything that concerns Nigeria, the good of Nigeria, you’ll see my involvement.

“So, the chairman has come to greet me and I greet am, and now that we have greeted ourselves, the chairman will be going, you gentlemen and ladies of the press, you can now go, leave the chairman alone.”

Reacting, the spokesperson for the PDP, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, said Obasanjo had earlier said that he would not return to the party, adding that as an individual, the party would respect his views.

He said, “He has said it before (that he won’t return to the party). We are not going to force him. No individual is bigger than the party.

“Obasanjo has the right to hold his opinion. But the PDP will not die, either he joins us or not.

“We respect his opinion. There’s nothing to say more than that. He is an individual and we respect him.”

Meanwhile, as the countdown to the December 9 elective convention of the party draws nearer, the South-West geopolitical zone has been warned on the danger of losing the national chairmanship of the party if it failed to agree on a consensus candidate.

A former Minister of Police Affairs Minister, Adamu Maina Waziri, gave the warning in Abuja on Wednesday at the declaration of a former governor of Ogun State, Chief Gbenga Daniel, for the office of the national chairman of the party.

He said, “If, for any reason, Gbenga Daniel fails in his bid to become the national chairman, it is Daniel that would lose. But if none of the about six aspirants from the South-West fails to win, the South-West will be the loser.”

He called on the aspirants from the zone to close ranks and present a common front at the convention in the interest of the party.

Also speaking at the declaration event, a former Aviation Minister and a chieftain of the party, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, lauded the leadership acumen of Daniel even as he charged the PDP to shun divisions within its ranks.

Fani-Kayode, who described all aspirants from the zone as his personal friends, however, insisted that Daniel remained the first among the equals in the pack.

In his speech titled, “Let’s start afresh…Together we can do it,” Daniel said he was in the race to make a difference having taken stock of the troubles that rattled the PDP in the past couple of years.

He said, “I have come to the conclusion that the challenges which face our political party are not permanent. They could be rectified through a careful deployment of resources, the will power and ability to work through difficult situations, concessions and compromises if need be, and ability to move all our people into one disciplined accord on all matters.

“I declare before you today to contest for the office of the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party at the national convention.

“I come to this resolve after a careful analysis of the challenges confronting the PDP and on the strength of clear understanding of my personal ability to provide the needed leadership in our collective search for solutions.”

But the senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Buruji Kashamu, has said it will be “a monumental disaster” to elect Daniel as the PDP national chairman.

Kashamu said in a statement on Wednesday that Daniel was the least qualified among those aspiring for the post.

The statement read in part, “When I heard that he was vying for the post, my initial reaction was that it was a joke. But, now that he has decided to make a formal declaration, I would say it is a joke taken too far.

“Let me say with all sense of responsibility that Daniel does not have what it takes to lead our great party. He is the least qualified among all those vying for the position.”

http://punchng.com/without-you-we-wont-die-pdp-replies-obasanjo/

2 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by LordIsaac(m): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2017
Lols...48 Laws come to mind...."show contempt for what you cannot posssess."

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by daewoorazer(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2017
LordIsaac:
Lols

The same way Nigerians don't need his old ass..

We want but only vibrant, great-minded youths

His contribution to politics is parasitic... Him and his cohorts from all parts of the country.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Flets: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Obasanjo has to stop seeking relevance and go hide. He is the biggest contributor to the current predicament.

So evil, unforgiving and extremely corrupt..... Always scheming

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2017
Flets:
Obasanjo has to stop seeking relevance and go hide. He is the biggest contributor to the current predicament.

D;

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by arrhem: 6:49am On Oct 19, 2017
PDP doesn't need him, he has done enough harms. Corrupt set of people undecided

For scholarships, schools admission, visa processing, etc to study in any country visit http://arrhem..com

1 Like

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Atiku2019: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2017
We Only need an Atiku in PDP to send Buhari back to Daura in 2019 cool

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Oloripelebe: 6:52am On Oct 19, 2017
Why are u begging him all around grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Hashimyussufamao(m): 6:55am On Oct 19, 2017
ATIKU2019!!! PDP are in lost

3 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by OfficialAwol(m): 6:59am On Oct 19, 2017
Atiku2019:

You all should stop this joke before some senseless Slowpokes would hold on to it and we get another disaster like that clown of daura.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by LUGBE: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2017
Well said, i don't really know what he is always feeling like kiss

3 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by dodelight(m): 7:20am On Oct 19, 2017
And the child came back to life. And he lives. And grows. And crushes the pride of those that pronunce it dead!

1 Like

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Alexgeneration(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Good response

2 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Opakan2: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2017
I want to watch karma. deal with pdp thieves.

They'll waste all the money they have left from GEJ supervised loot on election campaigns and still lose.
After 2019, we won't hear of pdp again as a party in Nigeria. Nature will take its course

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Atiku2019: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2017
OfficialAwol:

You all should stop this joke before some senseless Slowpokes would hold on to it and we get another disaster like that clown of daura.

Atiku is not Buhari cool

5 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by clevvermind(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2017
WHY BEGGING HIM THEN? PDP IS ALREADY DEAD.

4 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by dodelight(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Flets:

Yea, and his unforgiveness was the sole reason he supported Buhari against Jonathan in 2015, despite the fact that he knew Buhari has nothing good to offer. But nigerians wellbeing never really matter to him once he could crush Jonathan out for kicking him and his loyalist out of corridors of power

3 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by clevvermind(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2017
Atiku2019:
NA LIE.

2 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by dodelight(m): 7:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Opakan2:
I want to watch karma. deal with pdp thieves.

They'll waste all the money they have left from GEJ supervised loot on election campaigns and still lose.
After 2019, we won't hear of pdp again as a party in Nigeria. Nature will take its course
It's either you're not a Nigerian or you're an enemy of progress, or ignorant of the implication of your evil wishes. In as much as I hate the lies and propaganda of the apc, I believe we still need strong and mainstream parties both in the opposition and in power. So think again.

1 Like

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2017
Consultation isn't begging.......it's seeking consent or respect. All the political parties actually need to move on without fear or favour cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by EnEnPeecee: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2017
Why is the pdp bothered about this corrupt old man

Thesame man that killed pdp you still went back to beg him to come and bury the remains of pdp.

na wao makarfi. if you are not fit to steer the pdp ship please resign

1 Like

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by RareDiamonds: 8:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Nawa for Obj
Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by abbaapple: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Hahahaha confused Moffos!
Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by RareDiamonds: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Afonja

Jibril659:
D;

2 Likes

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by GREATESTPIANIST: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by AntiWailer: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2017
grin grin grin

You don't need to reply if he is not relevant.

As far as I am concerned, that is a politician with a principle

Not the likes of FFK, ATIKU, SARAKI who jump up and down as long as their political aim would be achieved

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2017
ntin to say sef...mtewww
Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Die die
Re: Without You, We Won’t Die, PDP Replies Obasanjo by asawanathegreat(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2017
PDP must prgress without chimpanzee

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? / Ali Ndume Insists He Remains Senate Leader / FIRS Failed To Collect N41 Billion Taxes From Firms – Audit Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.