Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help (620 Views)

Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) / Vikings Member & Armed Robber Killed By Police In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help by HRich(m): 6:42am On Oct 19, 2017
I was robbed last wednesday by two men in a taxi I entered at Banex junction. They took me to the lonely untarred road to NNPC Jahi and took my phones and all my money plus other valuables while pointing their knife and claim they have a gun. Reaching the police station to make a report; the Nigeria police told me I am lucky I was not raped and that they did not butcher me for fun or ritual. They said "they are good robbers" because they gave me #1000 for my transportation, that I should be giving testimony. When I insist on writing a statement and that they should open a case file and start investigation; they laughed and looked at me as if I am an alien. I was told to pay money for the file and pen and paper to write on. Guess the shock on my face worked cos I was given the writing materials free with defence statements that "they fund themselves " and because of the trauma you went through. Then the shocker! The police said I should "go and trace the robbers, When I do, I should call them to do the arrest". Does it mean Nigeria police only arrest and discharge? They explained further........"Those robbers operate at that location especially on rainy days. That particular team has moved to another location, they rotate. They don't have a shop or home there so we cannot arrest them"! Chinekem! My questions: 1. Since you know these much information about their operation; why allow them continue to do their business in that location? 2. If I am to take the risk and expenses of tracing and tracking down the robbers; why should I call the Police to come and arrest and make money off my sweat? 3. How do I trace and track armed robbers? 4. Why should I pay tax which also fund the police after this experience? 5.What other options do I have than find any means necessary to protect myself in this country since the force have failed? 6. What exactly do we the Citizens enjoy in this country? As much as we try to blame the Police; we should try also to reason their predicament. If you are in Abuja, please avoid Banex junction especially on a rainy evening/night. Stay safe and have a great day.
Re: My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help by meezynetwork(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria is dead

1 Like

Re: My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help by LUGBE: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria criminal not Nigeria police, they are all like that

1 Like

Re: My Friend Experience With Nigeria Police In Abuja, Please Help by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 19, 2017
police work is like government secondary school teachers! no interest no action both collect money from people illegal and do some mumbo-jumbo ride

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wife Stabs Husband With Broken Bottle In Zamfara (Pic) / Protect Us,igbo Community In Jalingo Cry Out To The Government. / Threat To My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.