Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nokia 7 Officially Announced! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 7 Officially Announced! (5300 Views)

5 Features Of Nokia 7 Plus That Will Make You Ditch Your Phone / Nokia 7 Plus Sells Out In 5 Minutes In China - GSM Arena / Nokia 6 2018 Officially Announced,goes For Approx N95,000 - Check Out Full Spec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Androidvillaz: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2017
As expected, HMD Global today has officially announced the brand new Nokia 7. which will be available in China on October 24 in two variants. The 6GB/128GB model will be 2,699 Yuan ($407), while the 4GB/64GB model will be 2,499 Yuan ($377). But what do they offer for that price?

The Nokia 7 will feature a 5.2-inch FHD IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The Snapdragon 630 processor powers the device. It has 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of expandable storage, though no limit was given. The device comes with IP54 certification, which means it’s splashproof and dustproof.

The device also marks the return of Nokia’s bothie feature. Pictures are taken with both the front and back cameras and then combined to form a single image. Handling this is the rear 16MP camera with 1.12um pixels and a f/1.8 aperture and the 5MP front camera with 1.4um pixels and a f/2.0 aperture.

The 7’s frame is 7000 series aluminum with diamond cut beveled edges. It’s the first Nokia device to feature a glass rear, which comes in Glossy Black and Matte White. The Nokia 7 is powered by your standard 3000mAh battery with fast charging support. All-in-all, it’s a fairly standard device, though the Nokia name should help give it a push.

http://thetechnewz.com/nokia-7-officially-announced/

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2017
I love this new nokia phones, Only problem is, it's not nokia that manufactures the phone
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:
I love this new nokia phones, Only problem is, it's not nokia that manufactures the phone

So who does?
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:

So who does?
Op mentioned the company on the post introduction, HD Global or something like that
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 8:53am On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:
Op mentioned the company on the post introduction, HD Global or something like that

So you think the phones won't be of standard quality?
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by ayodeyjie(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2017
FP material don't compare nokia with chinko fones like Infinix, gionee and techno
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:

So you think the phones won't be of standard quality?
that's my fear, u knw all this chinese companies manufacture substandard product sometimes, but the phones are too expensive to be of low quality. . .that's what i think
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:
that's my fear, u knw all this chinese companies manufacture substandard product sometimes, but the phones are too expensive to be of low quality. . .that's what i think

Lol.. I understand you now..

But whatever happened to Microsoft's ownership of Nokia? Did they sell it?
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Lol.. I understand you now..

But whatever happened to Microsoft's ownership of Nokia? Did they sell it?
No,they signed an agreement with the company, HD global will produce phones with nokia name and logo for 10years - for promotion u knw
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:
No,they signed an agreement with the company, HD global will produce phones with nokia name and logo for 10years - for promotion u knw

Whoa.. Now I see.

Thanks for breaking things down man.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Whoa.. Now I see.
Thanks for breaking things down man.
Am glad i helped
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
i currently use the nokia 5 and i Must say nokia phones are the bomb

1 Like

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by greatface(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
I hope Nokia comes back strong as they used to be.
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by oz4real83(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
The only Nokia phones I recognise and respect are the''Finland made'' ones. Tested and trusted!!!
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by maleekfrenzy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
They should start manufacturing cheaper phones in order to penetrate the Nigerian market. let's say between the range of 17-30k
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HarveyDeven: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Edoloaded:

For how long have you been using it? I am curious because I used to enjoy Nokia phones back in the day. And if everything is alright with them, I might start using them again in the future. grin

Btw, from a design perspective, they look great!
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Jaymaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
Seems Nokia 7 is currently exclusive for China market. I hope it goes global anytime soon. Currently using Nokia 3 and hope to change to Nokia 6 anytime soon.
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by AmKen(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
Looks sleeky.
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by YaTar(f): 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
TREAT AS URGENT: TRAINERS NEEDED
Life Learners Training Center is a Training, Research and Development Company having to deliver in several business subsidiaries. Located in Wuse 2 Abuja, Nigeria.

Duly Certified Trainers are needed in Web Design and Development: HTML 5, CSS, JSCRIPT

Requirements:

• Must be Abuja resident and Duly Certified.
NOTE:
Qualified Trainers should apply by e-mailing their CV , mentioning the position Title in the subject, to: oluwaloseayo@gmail.com. Its an Huge Opportunity…..
OR
Visit our office, Suite 009/011, The Kings Place, Opp. NAF Conference centre & Suites, Banex-Kado Road, Wuse, Abuja.
Treat as Urgent please.
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Edoloaded:

What can you say about the camera quality compared to stuff like the Camon CX and others?
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Mofe72: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:

HMD actually
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by melodyogonna(m): 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Mofe72:

HMD actually
Yeah right, thanks
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by lastbaff(m): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nice one.

Guys, check out the specs of Nokia phones here:
Latest Nokia Android phones with their prices
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Androidvillaz: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nokia is cool i will for Ever use their product
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
melodyogonna:
HMD global is run by some former nokia executives, so put your mind down
Plus nokia wouldn't license its brand name to a company that would destroy it.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by abdomints: 6:33am On Oct 20, 2017
Nokia had a name due to its quality phones. As far as Nokia maintains quality in a competitive price, its good for all of us.

If we compare Nokia Mobiles with Samsung or Huawei, we find Nokia smartphones to be low priced along with quality products.

Nokia 7 also looks to be a good addition in the smartphones list - although it is yet released in China only.
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2017
HeyCorleone:

What can you say about the camera quality compared to stuff like the Camon CX and others?
this is the back camera

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
HeyCorleone:

see the front camera

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2017
HarveyDeven:

For how long have you been using it? I am curious because I used to enjoy Nokia phones back in the day. And if everything is alright with them, I might start using them again in the future. grin

Btw, from a design perspective, they look great!
see the design

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Nokia

Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by HeyCorleone(m): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Edoloaded:
this is the back camera
I must say, on it's own its quite impressive..

Anything you hate about the phone?
Re: Nokia 7 Officially Announced! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
HeyCorleone:

I must say, on it's own its quite impressive..

Anything you hate about the phone?
yeah the multi tasking sucks .....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Future Of SIM Cards: The eSIM, What Is It? / Used Xiomi Phones For Sell / Imose X-1 7inch Tablet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.