Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,613 members, 7,834,007 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT (726 Views)

Parents Threaten To Withdraw Wards From Madonna Varsity Over Detained Students / Erdogan Tells Nigerians/ Africans To Withdraw Wards Frm Turkish Schools (VIDEO) / Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Cooly100: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2017
There was confusion as parents withdrew their children from schools over a rumour that soldiers were embarking on administration of vaccine against monkey pox in Zuba, Gwagwalada Area Council of the FCT.

Our reporter, who visited the Local Education Authority (LEA) in Zuba, yesterday morning, observed as some parents attempted to force the school gate open in order to pick their children, but some teachers and policemen prevented them from gaining entrance into the school.

A parent, Hausa Mukaila, who spoke with our reporter said she retrieved her two children from the school because of the information she received that some soldiers were vaccinating children across primary schools against monkey pox.

“Actually, I heard people saying that some soldiers were going round to vaccinate children in schools over monkey pox disease which prompted me to join other parents to come and pick my children from the school, “ she said.

She said she heard that the vaccines were poisonous and may endanger the lives of the children.

The headmaster of the school, Mohammed Falalu Salihu, said when the pupils were on break at 10:00a.m., some parents started coming into the school with lies that soldiers were vaccinating children against monkey pox disease.

“In fact, before I knew what was happening parents had gathered at the gate trying to come into the school and I quickly alerted the vigilantes and the police who came to contain the situation,“ he said.

“We tried to make the parents who insisted on carrying their children to understand that it was just a rumuor and we even allowed them to see the children in classes, “ he said.

City News also reports that a similar incident happened at Junior Secondary School (JSS) at Yimi village near Zuba, where some parents also besieged the school to pick up their children over the rumour of monkey pox vaccination.

Some parents were seen standing in front of the school gate, as the school management also prevented them from gaining entrance.

A part of the school’s fence was allegedly pulled down by some parents who attempted to forcefully gain entrance into the school to pick up their children, but police and vigilantes prevented them.

A housewife, Zainab Yakubu, who spoke with our reporter in anger insisted that she must stay and pick her children back home.

“I see no reason why my children that just recovered from illness will again be given injection to kill them for me. I will never allow that to happen. I will stay here until they released my children to me,” she said.

The principal of the school, Ramatu Ibrahim, declined to speak with our reporter, saying she was not authorised to speak to the press.

It was also gathered that LEA Primary School at Tungan Maje, also faced the same situation.

When contacted, the Zuba Divisional Police Officer (DPO), CSP Bashir Kontagora, who was seen at the JSS school gate with his men, declined speaking to our reporter.

“What do you want me to say, you are here already and you have seen everything with your eyes,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/parents-withdraw-wards-from-schools-over-monkey-pox-rumour-at-zuba.html

1 Like

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by JaneMafrodite(f): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2017
Usu mpam called Buhari is there enjoying while we are suffering.

5 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by EternalTruths: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2017
The military institution, should be ashamed of itself that the people it ought to protect, don't trust it.

3 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by hucienda: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2017
lol ... Thought zombies in their bid to justify anything in the current administration were saying illiteracy was prevalent in the east? Well, looks like the entire country is illiterate as well - according to their warped logic.

Rational people know the issue here is about trust.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Trut(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Even the Northerners are afraid of taken the so called anti Monkeypox vaccine.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Nbote(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2017
There's something dis govt is telling anyone... How is a vaccination on going and d Ministry of Health isn't aware? My neighbour got a call today for ppl to bring their children. For what is what he wasn't told as dey told him one NEMA nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Spylord48: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2017
The Usain Bolt 2017 Monkey pox Marathon is gradually penetrating every nook and crannies of this country. The propaganda of "Emmanuel Kanu " is really working And the zoo must fall sooner than later. From Anambra to Enugu to Ebonyi to Abia down to Imo and upwards to Delta, Edo and Rivers. This week was Ondo, Kwara and now to the seat of power Abuja.We can't wait to enter "EKO" The state of excellence soon
The race Will be sweet coupled with the spices the danfo drivers will offer that day.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Lajet: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
Zombies are in trouble. Nobody trust Nigeria army again what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
T
Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by aolawale025: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
The government should rise to the occasion and stop this
Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by swagagolic01(m): 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2017
From the way the entire country is rejecting the Milla tart vaccines, is it safe to say all Nigerians are now members of IPOB grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Parents Withdraw Wards From Schools Over Monkey Pox Rumour At Zuba FCT by meforyou1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
The Federal Govt and the military authorities are to be blamed for these unfortunate incidents.
But wait, whatever it is, why should the school authorities use vigilante and police to prevent parents from taking their own children? If anything happens to any child in the school, who will bear d responsibility?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Extensive Breakdown Of Maina's Gate(people Invoved&amount Collected)efcc Report / See Photos Of Notorious Cultists Arrested By Rivers Police & Weapons Recovered / Buhari Will Shock Opposition In 2019 – Senator Arise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.