Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked (648 Views)

A Group Of Ladies Flog Young Lady For Stealing Their Clothes (Pix) / Group Of Girls Fight Dirty Over Facebook Insults in Bayelsa / Unknown Group Of Suspected Terrorists And Armed Men Spotted In Sokoto State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by DesChyko: 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
I was the Creator/Admin of Manchester United Supporters' Club (Nigeria). That was until last week when I was ejected by someone.
It was a jolly Thursday. I was in a happy mood. Suddenly, I got a hello from this friend on facebook. She has been practically begging me to join her group on facebook.
I remembered delaying her request for two weeks because Facebook (as I thought) kept requesting me to log in again. I complained to her about this and she said that is how it is, that I should just log in. I just ignored the request until this fateful Thursday, 12th of October 2017.
In my jolly mood, I just logged in checked out the group and saw that it was a dating group. I replied her that I can't join such group due to lack of interest and she was like 'no problem'. I logged off and continued my daily activities.
It was later that same day around 2pm, that I wanted to update the group with crisp news that I noticed that I couldn't do certain things again. Myself and the other admins have been removed. In our place were two pages: Relationship Tips and Dating Tips.
What a surprise that was. I contacted the other admin and he confirmed he isn't in position again too. I just dropped the issue for a while, coming to terms with the reality that the facebook group has been hacked.
I then checked my list of devices and discovered that my account was accessed from another device, a Tecno droidpad, which is not part of the devices I use to access my facebook account. I relayed this information to my colleague on Facebook Messenger, telling him my account was the culprit. Immediately, I changed my password, trying to put my head around what really happened. I did a search on the IP associated with the device but couldn't get an exact location.
The amusing/painful part was seeing Relationship ish about the Admin positions

Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by DesChyko: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Lo and behold, on my facebook news feed, I saw the facebook alert, that I recently removed a friend on Thursday and all that.
I went through my recent activity, and saw that it was the same lady who persistently bugged me to join her group. Immediately, I was unto her, checking her profile and all and some things stood out:
1. I have two mutual friends with her, the other admin and one Abbah who was added to my account that morning by God knows whom.
2. She and that Abbah share identical usernames as seen on their picture profiles. That led me to the conclusion that she and Abbah are the same person.

All previous conversations between us were also deleted by the person who accessed my account

Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by DesChyko: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
I decided to visit the new 'Admins' I.e. the pages, and I discovered that this group was not the first as a Chelsea group of 140,000+ members also suffered the same fate.
Despite messaging facebook over and over with proofs like those below of me being the creator and managing the group since last year, I didn't get any favourable response from them at all.
But then, since we were able to drive the traffic on the first group with quality contents, it could be done again. So I created a new one as facebook were not willing to blink twice in my direction.

Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by DesChyko: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
I messaged the person involved to see if I could psych her into owning up, instead she (or her) began to play victim.
The group name had long since be changed to MANCHESTER UNITED SUPPORTERS WORLDWIDE

Below are the addresses and links

DATING TIPS (HACKER)

https://facebook.com/Dating-tips-1474053466013501

RELATIONSHIP TIPS (HACKER)

https://m.facebook.com/Relationship-tips-909171059249897

HACKED MAN UTD GROUP
https://m./1822739807948169

NEW MAN UTD GROUP
https://m./727696957425714
Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by ModeratorSeun: 4:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hahhahah, It's phising bro, This old scam work for ur head, You could have checked the url at the top when the so called facebook website asked you to login again grin grin grin
See how one small girl jonze you smh

1 Like

Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
DesChyko:
I was the Creator/Admin of Manchester United Supporters' Club (Nigeria). That was until last week when I was ejected by someone.
It was a jolly Thursday. I was in a happy mood. Suddenly, I got a hello from this friend on facebook. She has been practically begging me to join her group on facebook.
I remembered delaying her request for two weeks because Facebook (as I thought) kept requesting me to log in again. I complained to her about this and she said that is how it is, that I should just log in. I just ignored the request until this fateful Thursday, 12th of October 2017.
In my jolly mood, I just logged in checked out the group and saw that it was a dating group. I replied her that I can't join such group due to lack of interest and she was like 'no problem'. I logged off and continued my daily activities.
It was later that same day around 2pm, that I wanted to update the group with crisp news that I noticed that I couldn't do certain things again. Myself and the other admins have been removed. In our place were two pages: Relationship Tips and Dating Tips.
What a surprise that was. I contacted the other admin and he confirmed he isn't in position again too. I just dropped the issue for a while, coming to terms with the reality that the facebook group has been hacked.
I then checked my list of devices and discovered that my account was accessed from another device, a Tecno droidpad, which is not part of the devices I use to access my facebook account. I relayed this information to my colleague on Facebook Messenger, telling him my account was the culprit. Immediately, I changed my password, trying to put my head around what really happened. I did a search on the IP associated with the device but couldn't get an exact location.
The amusing/painful part was seeing Relationship ish about the Admin positions
phising trick works all the time, welcome to the world of my yahoo yahoo ex boyfriend
Re: How My Facebook Group Of 185k Members Was Hacked by Barrywilly(m): 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
Employ the services of professional hackers to hack your page back and even put the hackers into trouble by asking ur own hackers to supply you with their personal information. Somebody tried it with me sometime ago, I employed the Russian hackers. They hacked back my account, hacked into his credit card and got $3000 for little shopping and also scattered all his email accounts. You can try that. I paid $200 though

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Student MURDERS Teacher In CLASSROOM ,& Then He Takes SELFIES With The Body. / Court Remands First Violator Of Benue Anti Open Grazing Law / From Hawking To Hell: The Touching Story Of An Under-age Inmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.