Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here (38956 Views)

Nairaland #10YearsChallenge: Upload Your Throwback Pictures Here / Psquare Throwback Pictures As Football Academy Players / Operation Crocodile Smile: See Pictures Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
AyamConfidence:
people say I'm blunt... I don't flatter

Well that's the irony of the world we live in.... Some people get intimidated by your wise opinions they try to pull you down with negative comments

We tell them "not today"

Believe me when I say I find it extremely difficult to take sth. personal from someone who isn't personal to me. Me getting pulled by negative comments is probably not going to happen lol
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by rawpadgin(m): 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
[quote author=wumi2017 post=61617808][/quote] undecided
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by AyamConfidence(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

Believe me when I say I find it extremely difficult to take sth. personal from someone who isn't personal to me. Me getting pulled by negative comments is probably not going to happen lol
we must grow thick skins to get to where we want to be

Gotta crash girl... It's dark over here... Was nice talking to you today...........

I don't know your name... Should have used it
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Tolexander: 4:19am On Oct 21, 2017
uzoexcel:
me and uzolexis smiley smiley smiley
are you both twinies?
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Harmonyemerald(f): 4:32am On Oct 21, 2017
ochardbaby:

One of the advantages of having Igbo friends.

Hehehehhehe. Ok ooo. You try
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by uzoexcel(m): 5:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Tolexander:
are you both twinies?
nah smiley

im older by 2yrs smiley

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
we must grow thick skins to get to where we want to be

Gotta crash girl... It's dark over here... Was nice talking to you today...........

I don't know your name... Should have used it

Awww, was already sleeping grin

I don't know yours either tongue
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by AyamConfidence(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Awww, was already sleeping grin

I don't know yours either tongue
the name is Confidence and if I remember correctly you once told me your name is Lovelygurl... That is not your name

Good morning tho... Hope you slept well
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
the name is Confidence and if I remember correctly you once told me your name is Lovelygurl... That is not your name

Good morning tho... Hope you slept well

Lol yes I did grin

...., that's my name
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Sorry to intrude in this conversation embarassed

I wanted to ask some questions about the name, can I? embarassed

Lol sure, that's my name. Dad writes a lot poems, so he gave me and my brothers names that probably never existed grin

Haven't met another .... before grin grin

But I love it anyway. It means adding beauty to money in Yoruba
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
I'm not sure I can really give the real meaning or best interpretation of the name but I know it's a meaningful one.... Just cannot convert it perfectly to English..... Care to help me out? Please??

And don't tell me "those crazy people AKA your friends" call you by your full name

Naaah lol, it means adding beauty to money. My Nigerian friends call me ... and the white ones go by my English name, ...
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Thanks cheesy
You answered all my questions, lol, I'm surprised, how did you know that's what I wanted to ask, lol, or is it pretty obvious.

Hahaha it was. That's always the next question people ask grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
That's a beautiful name. As beautiful as your dad's sublime imaginations, no doubt.

.... Never gonna forget this. Might give my daughter the name. grin

Lool, do that please grin

At least I'll know somewhere out there, someone might be bearing that name. I can't be the only one! grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Lool, do that please grin

At least I'll know somewhere out there, someone might be bearing that name. I can't be the only one! grin
It's sweet. You might not know it, but some of your friends are probably jealous of your name. grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by AyamConfidence(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Naaah lol, it means adding beauty to money. My Nigerian friends call me Moge and the white ones go by my English name, Mary
exactly what I had in mind... You must have been very beautiful at birth to receive such a name.... Trust me Nigerians are mostly honest when giving names to their kids cheesy

Do you understand Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
It's sweet. You might not know it, but some of your friends are probably jealous of your name. grin

Lol, probably tongue
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
exactly what I had in mind... You must have been very beautiful at birth to receive such a name.... Trust me Nigerians are mostly honest when giving names to their kids cheesy

Do you understand Yoruba?

I do and I swear I speak perfectly but haters say I don't grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
so you sef have been looking out for her name..... Never knew she was going to tell me today.

Maybe it's as a result of what the weekend brings
Lol. I only came across it by chance, though. But I really love the name. It bestows the combination of pulchritude and wealth in one entity, so I'm saving it in one corner of my soul. grin

They say behind every successful man is a woman. That must be true, you know. Cos I thank Daeylar for leading me here. grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by AyamConfidence(m): 8:31am On Oct 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

lmfaooo.... Even away from the country you can still understand and speak... Me that have been living in Yoruba land for years only understands but find it difficult to speak

I'm bad with languages biko.... I can't even speak my mother tongue though I understand perfectly.... Too bad
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by ednited(f): 8:32am On Oct 21, 2017
shervydman:

looooool............verrrryyyyy beauuuutiiifullll............love it! tongue

Thanks Shervy☺

1 Like

Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Daeylar(f): 8:32am On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
Lol. I only came across it by chance, though. But I really love the name. It bestows the combination of pulchritude and wealth in one entity, so I'm saving it in one corner of my soul. grin

They say behind every successful man is a woman. That must be true, you know. Cos I thank Daeylar for leading me here. grin

Who is behind you undecided angry
behind every successful man is a_____ oh wait, nobody cares.
I'm not behind any one dear, never ever.

One corner, one corner, one corner grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by ednited(f): 8:33am On Oct 21, 2017
Caseless:
I surrender! As far as this throwback contest is concerned, na you win.

You didn't change your complexion and , you're cool.

Thanks hehe
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Daeylar(f): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2017
lovelygurl:

Sorry to intrude again, but I just and to laugh my ass away grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by AyamConfidence(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:

Nigerian names are packed full with meaning

Me sef have started saving some for my own children
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 21, 2017
Daeylar:

Who is behind you undecided angry
behind every successful man is a_____ oh wait, nobody cares.
I'm not behind any one dear, never ever.

One corner, one corner, one corner grin grin grin
Lol. Getting aggressive on me? grin That was an innocent joke o. cheesy

What's it with one corner, though? grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 21, 2017
AyamConfidence:
Nigerian names are packed full with meaning

Me sef have started saving some for my own children
TIGER WOODS is a good name too. grin
Re: Throwback Thursday: Post Your Throwback Pictures Here by Caseless: 8:37am On Oct 21, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
to be honest, marko reus, frederico bernandeshi influenced it

I play football, so its just my style to always go above the everyday person you see always
I now understand. I wish you luck in your career.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From Horrific Accident In Port Harcourt Today / Benin Landlord Kills Huge Python At The Back Of His House (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.