Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties (22698 Views)

EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases / Saraki, Okorocha’s Alleged Fraud: CJ Shuns Efcc’s Bid To Transfer Cases / Court Suspends Efcc's Bid To Seize Patience Jonathan's $5.7million, N2.4billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by genearts(m): 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Oh she has hired ozekhome too

Lol

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
osazsky:
talk of military era do you know wat ur baba did in 1976 2billion dollars as at den do u know wat DAT can do to a continent as at then ,fighting corruption my ass, go read history book u b learner

Post it, na. Shey you have the information at hand of what he did with $2billion, abi?
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Perhaps. With their jumbo pay, a Senate member can claim his ridiculously large salary is how he builds a big hotel for example. Patience Jonathan was just a first lady: an unofficial post with no remuneration.
but wen bubu wife wore a dress of 1millon naira you guys said she is d president wife for crying out loud bunch of hypocrite
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by rexesq(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
have we heard of an originating process called 'exparte originating process'?

Well, that was what the EFCC filed. There were no parties mentioned but properties...
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Post it, na. Shey you have the information at hand of what he did with $2billion, abi?
u want us to believe DAT daiziani stole 2 billion dollars u post urs, since the info is in ur hands
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
SweetWJ:
Is this government fighting corruption with sincerity If yes, how much have they recovered and what are doing with the recovered loot?
If this government is sincere enough in fighting corruption, then they must investigate all past high ranking to low ranking office holders.

How quickly do judicial cases progress in Nigeria? The only loot recovered is those that signed plea deals. Buhari is not a judge. He can only empower the EFCC who have to prosecute the cases in court and hope that the same kind of incompetent and corrupt judges that failed to indict the likes of Ibori and failed to make anything of cases like the Halliburton and Malabu oil scandals (where foreign accomplices have already been prosecuted in their home countries while their Nigerian co-conspirators walk free) can actually do their jobs.

Diezani's accomplices who have had their assets in the US seized would be comfortably enjoying their loot in Nigeria. Why do you think the Nigerian government are hesitant to extradite Diezani here? They know the UK government, like they did Ibori and Alamieseigha (who escaped and ran back to Nigeria) is far more likely to build a case against her than our hopeless judiciary. Powerful people are untouchable in Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
osazsky:
but wen bubu wife wore a dress of 1millon naira you guys said she is d president wife for crying out loud bunch of hypocrite

What is a million naira dress compared to a multi-billion naira hotel, over $30m in cash in her accounts and several other properties. From a first lady. grin I have fucckking aunts that could afford a million naira dress comfortably. Continue comparing nonsense and defending thieves. You pathetic people are evidence that people deserve the leaders they get. Nigeria's problems aren't just a failure of leadership because leadership reflects the will and values of the people. Defenders of corruption like you due to worthless ethnic sentiments are the problem with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
people will soon start shouting atiku for president, Nigerians tend to forget so soon,it beats my imagination how Nigerians forgot all the fruad bubu did during d military era,his failed government in 1983_1984, and still voted for him again,recycling past leaders is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria,Nigeria na recycle bin, god help us we need young educated leaders with economic policies and strategies not these old recycled fools running around looking for resources to devour
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by SweetWJ(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

How quickly do judicial cases progress in Nigeria? The only loot recovered is those that signed plea deals. Buhari is not a judge. He can only empower the EFCC who have to prosecute the cases in court and hope that the same kind of incompetent and corrupt judges that failed to indict the likes of Ibori and failed to make anything of cases like the Halliburton and Malabu oil scandals (where foreign accomplices have already been prosecuted in their home countries while their Nigerian co-conspirators walk free) can actually do their jobs.

Diezani's accomplices who have had their assets in the US seized would be comfortably enjoying their loot in Nigeria. Why do you think the Nigerian government are hesitant to extradite Diezani here? They know the UK government, like they did Ibori and Alamieseigha (who escaped and ran back to Nigeria) is far more likely to build a case against her than our hopeless judiciary. Powerful people are untouchable in Nigeria.
So where's the change that was promised
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

What is a million naira dress compared to a multi-billion naira hotel, over $30m in cash in her accounts and several other properties. From a first lady. grin I have fucckking aunts that could afford a million naira dress comfortably. Continue comparing nonsense and defending thieves. You pathetic people are evidence that people deserve the leaders they get. Nigeria's problems aren't just a failure of leadership because leadership reflects the will and values of the people. Defenders of corruption like you due to worthless ethnic sentiments are the problem with Nigeria.
just for a dress , I never mentioned properties it will amaze u to know the mass corruption in Dis present government wen opposition go enter there,una leave meat dey pursue shadow, artiku,obj,60 billion dollars phnc deal,hell rufei, amachi, tiefnubu,yar radua wife,
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by brojoshua: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
The corrupt citizens of Nigeria ruined the country
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Odeshinwane: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
IBB, SANI ABACHA, OBJ, YARADUA and even buhari have a wife what is it with the Hausa Fulani sleepless 9it with patient.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

but u said d office of d first Lady is not entitled to salaries how come she bought a dress worth 1million naira, nobody asked u of ur auntie's I have uncles who have building properties worth billions and they are not into politics
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
osazsky:
but u said d office of d first Lady is not entitled to salaries how come she bought a dress worth 1million naira, nobody asked u of ur auntie's I have uncles who have building properties worth billions and they are not into politics

Because she's the only wife of a wealthy former head of state. The pensions of former presidents and head of states is massive. She's also a well-educated woman and business owner form a wealthy family herself. I don't know why I have to break it down for you like a child. To insinuate Aisha Buhari shouldn't afford luxurious dresses is nonsense. Comparing her case to Patience Jonathan is a load of horseshiit.

Patience Jonathan has billions of naira in assets and tens of millions of dollars in her accounts. How can anybody with functioning brains justify that from a former First Lady. A First Lady. A FIRST LADY. Repeat it to yourself again and again and it might start to finally sink in.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by kingthreat(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
Isokowadoo:
Stupid Buhari not every woman can be as dumb as Aishahalliburton

For defending this kleptomaniac, you deserve nothing good from this country
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Because she's the only wife of a wealthy former head of state. The pensions of former presidents and head of states is massive. She's also a well-educated woman and business owner form a wealthy family herself. I don't know why I have to break it down for you like a child. To insinuate Aisha Buhari shouldn't afford luxurious dresses is nonsense. Comparing her case to Patience Jonathan is a load of horseshiit.

Patience Jonathan has billions of naira in assets and tens of millions of dollars in her accounts. How can anybody with functioning brains justify that from a former First Lady. A First Lady. A FIRST LADY. Repeat it to yourself again and again and it might start to finally sink in.
is patient from a poor family? go read history patient made Jonathan, Jonathan was noting until patient turned his life around,patient is from a very wealthy family and could also afford anything even before she became first lady ,u left all former head of state wives and decided to concentrate on patient,turai yaradua bought the the full choice plaza and other properties worth billions u kept quite,wat of late obj wife's loot,and other past leaders both military and all, babangida and d wife u closed ur eyes but one u hear patient ur preek go stand continue u hear
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
osazsky:
pls endeavor to change ur moniker I know were u are from
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
osazsky:
is patient from a poor family? go read history patient made Jonathan, Jonathan was noting until patient turned his life around,patient is from a very wealthy family and could also afford anything even before she became first lady ,u left all former head of state wives and decided to concentrate on patient,turai yaradua bought the the full choice plaza and other properties worth billions u kept quite,wat of late obj wife's loot,and other past leaders both military and all, babangida and d wife u closed ur eyes but one u hear patient ur preek go stand continue u hear

Looool.....Patience Jonathan is a noise maker and had nothing to do with GEJ's. Goodluck was the luckiest man in Nigeria that Alamieseigha's death got him to the Governorship of Bayelsa, OBJ took a liking to him and made him Vice President to Yar Adua, and again Yar Adua died. What does a crude, uncouth woman like that have to do with GEJ's rise? Who was she and who were her family? Tell me, since you know.

You keep making some kind of weird assumption that I somehow support other corrupt people. That's why you're here mentioning Stella Obasanjo or Miriam Babangida or Turai. I'm not you. I don't give the slightest fucckks about where indicted corrupt people come from. As someone who is repulsed by the greatest obstacle to Nigeria's progress which is corruption, anyone the government decide to prosecute is perfectly fine by me. Any criminal might as well point to other free criminals when they're brought before a court as a defense. What does Patience' case have to do with Turai or Miriam or Stella? The question is whether she has a case to answer or not and not that diversionary tribalistic rubbish that people like you love to evoke. As I said, people like you ultimately define the total failure of the value system of Nigeria. Defending corruption because it favours your ethnic bias. Tufiakwa!
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Milestones: 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
AN INSIDER LICKED THE INFORMATION, NA WA O!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Looool.....Patience Jonathan is a noise maker and had nothing to do with GEJ's. Goodluck was the luckiest man in Nigeria that Alamieseigha's death got him to the Governorship of Bayelsa, OBJ took a liking to him and made him Vice President to Yar Adua, and again Yar Adua died. What does a crude, uncouth woman like that have to do with GEJ's rise? Who was she and who were her family? Tell me, since you know.

You keep making some kind of weird assumption that I somehow support other corrupt people. That's why you're here mentioning Stella Obasanjo or Miriam Babangida or Turai. I'm not you. I don't give the slightest fucckks about where indicted corrupt people come from. As someone who is repulsed by the greatest obstacle to Nigeria's progress which is corruption, anyone the government decide to prosecute is perfectly fine by me. Any criminal might as well point to other free criminals when they're brought before a court as a defense. What does Patience' case have to do with Turai or Miriam or Stella? The question is whether she has a case to answer or not and not that diversionary tribalistic rubbish that people like you love to evoke. As I said, people like you ultimately define the total failure of the value system of Nigeria. Defending corruption because it favours your ethnic bias. Tufiakwa!
if gej was wealthy and did not need her he wouldn't have married an illiterate ,jeg was an ordinary lecturer patient brought him into politics and fame Go do ur research
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by jaxxy(m): 11:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
seunmsg:
This is just a temporary set back. She will forfeit all the properties she acquired corruptly whether she likes it or not.

Its not as simple as that bro even tho i wish it was... its no doubt the right thing to do bt if u do it to her it will draw sentiments of witch hunt against the former president which the fg doesnt want and also looking at d fact dat d other past presidents basically had their way when in power except for parts of abacha loots. Its a complicated scenario really
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by osazsky(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

OK u people pitied turai cos she lost her husband, Nigerians, these other first Ladies are corrupt so u will leave all of them and go after one because the one you are pursuing is not from ur tribe, I nor understand some people reasoning o, if u are fighting corruption you fight it in totality, u know were these criminals are but because they are northerners you leave them, I don't know how hell rufai, saraki and amachi are still in this government, according to Mr corruption fighter abacha never stole
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by blacknp(m): 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
Isokowadoo:
Stupid Buhari not every woman can be as dumb as Aishahalliburton
What of your Mama?
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by walearoy(m): 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
seunlayi:

Try to reason.... The day you stole my goat(you will first receive some physical assault if not which will make you agreed to stealing more than a goat) and the day I discovered that you are diverting my fund as my accountant(you may even slap me when defending yourself and probably file a suit against means even go unpunished .....) Compare the punishment.... That was what gej was explaining that night. Don't be zombilized

You made it very explicit now but he could have tabled it more intelligently noting he was a Dr.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by BENEAMATA: 1:28am On Oct 20, 2017
When elected officials of this country have deliberately de emphasize the importance of ASSET DECLARATION prior to and after tenure in office,an hallmark of all goverment with transparency and accountability around the globe,why won't we have even their WivesAndGirlfriendS challenging the government of the money and properties they've kept with domestic staff as minders long before their men were elected DEPUTY GOVERNOR IN1999.Madam,your Ph.D holder 'better half' misrule and pillaging of our common wealth has turned around full force to hurt the masses.please your husaand and his apologist should urge 'brilliant minds' like diezani to hurry back home,seeimg as the nation is in a dire strait,and save our economy.And would she be kind enough to come back to fatherland accompamied by the 'king of New York TM' Aluko,thanks.one can only laugh at the absurdity of a former first lady who told anti graft officials that millioms in hard currency found to belong to her were gifted her,when a saner society would have rewarded her with firing squad or long sentence,shame on you mr and mrs Jonathan.I never judged you nor cared to know your tribe when i voted for you,but i guessed you r administration was so sound,we swiftly replaced you with a man with NEPA(not even phcn) bill as certificate.keep junketting all around the world recieving awards for vacating,peacefully the seat of power you lost by some margin at the polls,while begging question are met with your INCRIMINATING silence at home.I think mrs jonathan and one word jumps to mind, KLEPTO/MANIAC .Never have i seen two words in one aptly describe someone.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by TijaniAbu: 2:24am On Oct 20, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

You are a liar. Everybody knows that Aisha Buhari was an almost penniless masseuse before Buhari became president in 2015, to the point that she as the trophy wife of a retired military general and serial presidential candidate could be hired to give personal massages to strange men for a few thousand naira.

Aisha today is a bigger thief than Patience.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by cdenc: 2:33am On Oct 20, 2017
aolawale025:
How can efcc seek forfeiture for a property whose owner hasn't been convicted of fraud.
By EFCC establishment act

"23. Any property
(a) whether real or personal, which represents the gross receipts a person obtains directly as a result of the violation of this .Act or which is traceable to such gross receipts;
(b) within Nigeria which represents the proceeds of an offence under the laws of a foreign country within whose jurisdiction such offence of activity would be punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year and which would be punishable by imprisonment under this Act if such act or activity had occurred within Nigeria, is subject to forfeiture to. the -Federal Government and no other property right shall exist on it.

25. (1) Any property subject to forfeiture under this Act may be seized by the Commission in the following circumstances
(a) the seizure incidental to an arrest or search ;.
(b) in the case of property liable to forfeiture upon process issued by the Court following an application made by the Commission in accordance with the prescribed rules.
(2) Whenever property is seized under any of the provisions of this Act. The Commission may
(a) place the property under seal; or
(b) remove the property to a place designed by the Commission.
(3) Property taken or detained under this section shall be deemed to be in the custody of the Commission, subject only to an order of a Court.

26. (1) Where a person is arrested for an offence under this Act, the Commission shall immediately trace and attach all the assets and properties of the person acquired as a result of such illegal act and shall thereafter cause to be obtained an interim attachment order by the Court"
Notice that the argument by the owners is on Jurisdiction not on the main reason for the application. Just to buy time,either way they also are eligible to approach the same court to set aside any other it gave without notice or appeal to a higher court. But no now matter of jurisdiction has to be heard first and exhausted before the main issue,but let's see how much both parties know their Administration of Criminal Justice Act and the court is willing to be distracted or not
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by Freemanalee(m): 3:18am On Oct 20, 2017
see levels!!! grin grin

meanwhile, start your day positively with this
http://www.bluevoiceradio.com.ng/2017/10/music-freeman-alee-try-over-come-world.html
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by GavelSlam: 3:57am On Oct 20, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Turai Yaradua almost bought half of Choice plazas and other properties in Abuja. She has several account housing Billions till date.

But Buhari eyes are only fixed on Southerners, Northern Christians or any opposition who refused to decamp to APC.

God dey....

Please petition EFCC.
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by GavelSlam: 4:00am On Oct 20, 2017
989900:
If only the SS was represented by Donald Duke in-lieu of Ebele Jonathan, we would have been better for it.

Shame on OBJ.

Without doubt.

The one legacy that haunts OBJ is the choice of Jonathan as VP against a visionary Duke.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by okenta2017: 4:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Bizinton:

Source:http://punchng.com/patience-jonathan-blocks-efccs-bid-to-seize-two-abuja-properties/

Amaechi Amaehi Amaechi how many times did I call you. Let me call your name in English ' who knows tomorrow"

Leave this woman alone
Re: Patience Jonathan Blocks EFCC's Bid To Seize Two Abuja Properties by okenta2017: 4:31am On Oct 20, 2017
seunlayi:

The present government has lost their direction since the day they started witch-hunting their opponents

Iron lady just tell them you will not take part in 2019 Election . The way things are going now every body sees you

As an iron lady .The type of woman this country needs as president not one seeking open grassing with National

Insurance on every cattle with taxpayer's money..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Giadom Releases Modalities For APC NEC Meeting / Cracks In Nigerian Governors Forum Over Southern Govs’ 2023 Presidency Position / Nnamdi Kanu Fainted Severally In Kenyan Custody, Smeared With Faeces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.