Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Beauty Queens And Models: Mediocrity Redefined - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beauty Queens And Models: Mediocrity Redefined (399 Views)

The Fashion 'Fraud' Committed By Lagos Slay Queens (Photos) / Pageant Industry Night Holds For Beauty Queens And Organisers In Abuja / See The 2018 Nafest Beauty Queens On Display In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Queens And Models: Mediocrity Redefined by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Miss Africa International,

Miss tourism,

Miss United Nations Nigeria,

Miss Sahara,

Miss Adada,

Miss Beauty Nigeria,

Miss World Nigeria

Miss Face of Africa,

Wait did I bore you or get you irritated?

Mission accomplished!.

This is the menace the society is faced with, beauty competitions emerging from every nook of the street.

Outside churches, the second most thriving business is crowning any random girl with a tiara making her believe that the sash on her makes her stand out amidst her peers.

While growing up, we had only MBGN (Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria ), but today all you need to host a beauty pageantry is a tiara, a sash, an event centre, a picture of an SUV, a good graphics designer with an endless list of upcoming artists.

Not forgetting that most names of these pageants are mere meaningless combination of words.

my question is which body regulates these competitions?

well I could go on and on with my rantings but in conclusion, the earlier we curb the excesses of these pageants, the sooner we change the notion that females were created to satiate the dark pleasures of their male counterparts

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Tips For Women / Suffering From Skin Challenges?? / Role Play Service Of Private Companions Are So Popular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.