Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. (1337 Views)

Jobs On The Line As Dstv Struggles / Pay-tv Battle Heats Up As DSTV Adopts Free Internet-based Subscription / Africa's Pay-tv Battle Heat-up As DSTV Adopts Free Internet Subscription Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
The arrival of TStv Africa has started bring positive things in the Pay TV services in Nigeria. I'm currently so enjoying how events are unfolding in the satellite tv in Nigeria. Ever since the announcement of TStv Africa, Multichoice Nigeria has started taking the action to make their customers happy.

Do you know that Multichoice Nigeria is about to adopt pay-per-view model? And the GOtv Max bouquet which airs full live Spanish La Liga games on Super Sports Select 4 has introduced. Also, DStv reduced the price of their decoder. Now, Startimes Pay TV announced a ridiculous price slash, which is even cheaper than that of TStv Africa just a couple of hours back.

You are about to read two adjustments made by two leading Pay-tv providers in Nigeria. I mean Startimes Pay Per View vs DStv Active Service Suspension.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-goAc9Yg9eOU/WekkcdEfwaI/AAAAAAAAHLE/z3Z07fFo2UAQhGg8Sp4R9MZGkFfHJiD3QCLcBGAs/s400/Startime_pay_per_day.jpg[/img]

Startimes Pay TV has just added a new daily subscription for a token of
N60 daily as well as watching over 40 channels at N300 per week. You can get the best of entertainment on StarTimes. The only downside to their services is EPL, La Liga and UCL sports. Who knows, TStv Africa may eventually steal the show as promised.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-ZSU2eSIG1z4/Wekk0CFTLRI/AAAAAAAAHLI/CywIiktlHMw6Y20xcr48eJKQne3RlS1-QCLcBGAs/s400/Startime_new_subscription.png[/img]

This was announced earlier today on their official twitter channels and many Nigerians are happy about it. It will take effect from

November 1st, 2017. After all, I doubt if you actually watch up to 10 channels per month so why pay for what you don’t watch with the epileptic power supply in your location?

How to Temporarily Suspend Your DStv Active Subscription

DStv multichoice Nigeria announced this on the 21st of September 2016.

You need to give at least a 48-hour prior notice that you want to suspend your account for a fixed period of seven to 14 days at a time and for a maximum of twice yearly.

This has also been incorporated into
eazy.dstv.com FAQ with the question tag “Can I suspend my account temporarily”

This comes with some conditions and these are:

You will need a scanned copy of your ID card

The duration of suspension is between 7 to 14 days at any given period

Also, you must have a maximum of 7 days credit in your account. What this implies I that you can suspend from day 1 till day 23. You cannot suspend an account that has 6 days to the due date.

Unfortunately, you can only perform this operation twice yearly.

Where to send the suspension request:
To request for a “temporal service suspension of your DStv active account” you can either call their “Call center on the toll-free lines 09090630333 for 9Mobile, 07080630333 for Airtel, 08113630333 for Glo and 08149860333 for MTN between the operating hours of 8am to 9pm on Saturdays, Sunday and public holidays.

Alternatively, you can send a request “suspension@ng.multichoice.com” or visit any of their branches.

Life without competition is life without progress. Thanks to TStv Africa. We are anxiously waiting for sales of TStv Decoder which will officially take off from November 1st, 2017. Hopefully, we won’t be disappointed just the CEO assured Nigerians .

http://www.shelaf.com/2017/10/startimes-introduced-pay-per-day-just.html?m=1
Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by sorextee(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
Let the competition begin..

I just pray and hope the incoming tstv wont play a hitv on us in d long run..
Still waiting for d day dstv will allow us delete some channels from our bouquet. Will Definitely axe that useless channel called ZEE WORLD. undecided
Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by Nnamdiojukwu: 9:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
Shame to dstv,it is rather too late for them.
Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by DEXTROVERT: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
Too
Late

DSTV
Must
Go
Down

TSTV
Joor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by eezeribe(m): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
DSTV will still stand tall at the end of this whole drama...
# Bitter truth.
Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by rebirthiix: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Startimes Introduce Payperday, As Dstv Confirms Option Of Pausing Activesub. by Fididiguy(m): 7:47am On Oct 21, 2017
my kind of story tho

(1) (Reply)

Convert Your Old VHS Cassette To Digital With These Simple Four Steps / Interesting Movies To See In This Lockdown / An Unbiased Investigative Journalist In Ibadan, Oriyomi Hamzat Paid Tributes To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.