Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings (897 Views)

Tope Aluko Escape DSS Arrest As Channels TV Staff Helps Him / Bafarawa Escapes Arrest As EFCC Lays Siege On Residence / Police Foil Attempt To Kidnap Allison-madueke’s Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2010
Suspects caught in cement trailer with weapons and charms •Claimed they were coming from Portharcourt

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/content_images/aa(1268521432)_thumb.jpg[/img]

Youths arrested in Jos

Security operatives yesterday foiled what could have been another round of bloodbath in Jos, the Plateau State capital. A joint security team of police and army arrested 45 people that attempted to sneak into the city using a malicious plot: the 45 armed invaders came in a trailer loaded with about 200 cement.

Dangerous weapons were found on the invaders including but not limited to charms, knives and amulets of different proportions.

Last week, Jos was thrown into an orgy of mourning following the massacre of over 400 people mostly children and women in Dogo Nahawa, Zot and Rassat.

The 45 suspects, mostly youths in their early 20s to 30s, were arrested by the Joint patrol team of the military and the police manning security at Hoss village in Riyom local government area. They acted after a tip-off.

Eye witnesses told our reporter that "around 6-6:30am, the suspects were nabbed" and after a search, weapons were discovered. Secueity officials promptmyl arrested the driver of the truck, one Alhaji Umaru Lamido, who said his team was coming from travelling from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri to deliver cement meant for a business mogul, Alh. Aliko Dangote". Observers doubt that the invaders actually had any plan to deliver cement to the business mogul.

Thousands of residents yesterday trooped to the headquarters of the Nigerian Police Force, Plateau State command, to witness the arrest of the 45 suspects who The Nation learnt were on their way to Jos to carry out another round of killings.

The arrest is coming barely one week after the gruesome murder of women and children numbering over 500 in

The suspected killers were intercepted in a trailer loaded with over 200 bags of cement said to be coming from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, North-Eastern Nigeria.

In an interview with our correspondent, Chairman of Riyom local government, Hon. Simon Mwankwon Fwet, said he got wind of the people coming to Jos through a phone call from Lafia, the capital city of Nasarawa state.

"I received a tip from Lafia yesterday that a truck loaded with cement was coming to Jos and that a lot of youths were inside the truck. Immediately I received that information, I communicated all the security operatives and alerted them on the phone call I got yesterday.

"The youths I was told were coming to Jos and were in possession of some dangerous weapons. So I got the captain who was in charge of the operations in that area to alert him immediately. The arrest was made around 6-6:30am. I witnessed the arrest ". Hon. Fwet narrated.

At the state force headquarters where the suspects were brought, thousands of residents came to catch a glimpse of "our killers" as they shouted. The state force headquarters came under siege for more than four hours as most women and children came in their large numbers. A female in her early twenties yelled, "They are coming to kill us again because tomorrow, (today) is Sunday".

Police authorities were however quiet on the arrest. The state Police Public Relations Officer ASP Mohammed Lerema, told reporters that "investigations would commence as soon as the police finish taking statements from the suspects".

As at the time of filing in this report, the 45 suspects were taken under custody with their weapons.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by AloyEmeka5: 12:59am On Mar 14, 2010
So, Jos indigenes are hiring Niger Delta mercenaries now?. Militancy is quickly becoming a very lucrative job in Nigeria.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by naso2(m): 2:07am On Mar 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

So, Jos indigenes are hiring Niger Delta mercenaries now?. Militancy is quickly becoming a very lucrative job in Nigeria.

Is this what you understand from this simple article? sad sad sad
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by mekusxxx: 2:20am On Mar 14, 2010
na_so:

Is this what you understand from this simple article? sad sad sad

Aloy Emeka is as daft as ever. Even a kindergarten candidate will understand better. Shame that we bear a similar cyber nickname.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by RichyBlacK(m): 3:01am On Mar 14, 2010
frosbel:

Suspects caught in cement trailer with weapons and charms •Claimed they were coming from Portharcourt

[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/content_images/aa(1268521432)_thumb.jpg[/img]

Youths arrested in Jos

Security operatives yesterday foiled what could have been another round of bloodbath in Jos, the Plateau State capital. A joint security team of police and army arrested 45 people that attempted to sneak into the city using a malicious plot: the 45 armed invaders came in a trailer loaded with about 200 cement.

Dangerous weapons were found on the invaders including but not limited to charms, knives and amulets of different proportions.

It is clear that Nigerian journalist, typically steeped in the ignorance of "culture", use their trade to perpetuate the monumental fraud of juju.

How can any sane person associate mere "goodluck charms" with weapons? Weapons are guns, bows and arrows, machetes, knives, sticks, stones, etc. What are charms?
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by strangleyo: 4:22am On Mar 14, 2010
Lol Charms and Amulets hahahahaaaa grin

Nigeria is a role playing game, with random missions, items, potions, weapons, weapon upgrades and enemies that adjust in difficulty.

undecided cry
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by Beaf: 4:23am On Mar 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What do you mean?
First gist coming out is that the people they arrested are innocent traders;

Though a few kitchen knives, two saws, two hammers, two axes were found in the vehicle, it was not yet substantiated if they were really weapons to carry out an attack or mere tools to carry out their jobs.

One of the women, Mrs. Ijeoma Stanley, who spoke on behalf of the other women disclosed to THISDAY that they are traders and that they were on their way to Kano from Port Harcourt to sell and in turn, buy cloths back to Port Harcourt. She said the other 44 men joined the truck from Okigwe.

Driver of the truck, Mallam Lamido, who confirmed that the men actually joined his truck from Okigwe, said he did not have any cause to suspect them since they were not with any form of weapon. The suspects are being currently interrogated by the police to determine why they had to travel through Jos in such a large group at this time that the state is mindful of its security.

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by strangleyo: 4:27am On Mar 14, 2010
Though a few kitchen knives, two saws, two hammers, two axes were found in the vehicle, it was not yet substantiated if they were really weapons to carry out an attack or mere tools to carry out their jobs.

Sounds like they are building a table.

Perhaps a small lampshade.

I'd put my money on a small chair and table coffee set however oil bunkering is an art too.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by slap1(m): 4:42am On Mar 14, 2010
From d little I see, I can safely guess that these people are innocent, at least of plotting to strike Jos. They only happen to have bad luck, but with a little money, they'd continue their journey.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by Seun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2010
Sounds like there's no evidence linking them to the killings; this is just irresponsible journalism.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by slap1(m): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
^ Which is not new. Man must wack, innit?
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by TimLuaLua: 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2010
This could quickly turn out to be the beginning of the end, fed govt needs to sort this out quick.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Mar 14, 2010
how are we sure they are truly criminals?
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by Odunnu: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
honeric01:

how are we sure they are truly criminals?
we'l consult Sango,'he' shd know better
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by sjeezy8: 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
I cant help but laugh grin

strangleyo:

Sounds like they are building a table.

Perhaps a small lampshade.

I'd put my money on a small chair and table coffee set however oil bunkering is an art too.

lmfao

Lol Charms and Amulets hahahahaaaa grin

hahaha lmfao- naija sha

we'll as oyinbo people say "better safe than sorry"
So I dont blame naija police for tightening up security even if they are arresting innocent people in the process.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by honeric01(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
Odunnu:

we'l consult Sango,'he' shd know better

why sango?
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by EzeUche(m): 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
Look at them trying to connect people in the East arriving to support the Christians of Jos.

These people only had mere tools!!!  angry

Maybe they should be tracking vehicles or herdsmen from the North instead of people from the south.
Re: Mass Arrest As Police Foil Another Round Of Killings by snowdrops(m): 6:10pm On Mar 14, 2010
I wonder how long it will take before these people are released by the police. after Niara change hands of course.

(1) (Reply)

Help! / 2011: We Will Go For A Northern Christian only-middle Belt Group / Kirikiri Maximum Prisons, Mecca For Lagos Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.