Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy (10643 Views)

Charly Boy Releases New Photos As Fan Tells Him To Start A Clothing Line / Charly Boy: “Why I’m A Buddhist & Take My Siesta Inside A Coffin” - Pics / Photos Of Charly Boy's Abuja Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by AloyEmeka5: 1:16am On Mar 14, 2010
Why am I getting married again – Charly Boy

What possibly could be said of Charles Oputa a.k.a  Charly Boy today that would make an astounding headlines, you may ask?
But on a day this musician, revolutionary activist, a general of the people’s army and an acclaimed area father stormed Vanguard’s  corporate office, in Apapa, Lagos,  it was with a pinch of salt that the Showtime crew gave him audience.

Soon, Charly Boy settled down to unwrap yet another bag of his mythic life. He astounded the crew when he announced his plans to marry  again. Charly Boy admitted that for 32 years, he had lived in sin with his American born Lady Diane. Who is he taking to the altar? Why the sudden realization of the fact that he had been living in sin for the past 32 years with belovest Lady D? Find out  this and more as  we bring to you, Charely Boy uncensored for your weekend delight,

We read you’re separated from your wife. Is it true it?
Eeh! I’ve not heard about it. I never read am too. I’m yet to be informed about it.

Are you saying that your marriage is intact?
No be dis issue we come talk about….

Na part of am. We can’t talk about you and not mention your wife…
Yes, okay.  I’m getting married again on May 25th.

What happened to your marriage?
Nothing happened.

Are you tired of her?
How can I be tired of her when we’re the best of friends?

So are you still married to her?
Well, spiritually, yes.

Romantically?
Yes.

So, is she going back to her country?
I’ve not said she’s going back to her country. After staying in Nigeria for 28 years, I mean she has no other country.

So, who are you getting married to and where is she from?
Whether she’s from Jamaica or Imo State, doesn’t count. All that matters is that I’m getting married again. I’m happy.

So, are you going to keep your first marriage intact?
I’m an African man and polygamy is allowed here.

Were you married to Diane in the Christian way? Did you wed her in the church?
No, we weren’t even married in the first place. There was no marriage certificate. We’ve just been living together for 32 years in sin because if you’re married but not wedded in the church, you’re living in  sin.

You’re talking like a man who just woke up to realise that he’s been living in sin…
(Laughs) Is this why I’m here?

Living with Diane helped to stabilise the man called Charly Boy because behind every successful man is a woman. So, it’s heart breaking to hear that you’re separated from her…,
If I hear that it will be heart breaking for me too, so I can understand why it is so for you.

Where exactly is she now?
She’s in Lagos now. If you go to my house, you’ll find her there.

What about your kids?
Most of my kids are abroad, except the last one who’s still in school.

How does she feel about the next marriage?
You can ask her when you see her. And the truth is that we are not living together. She lives in Lagos and I stay in Abuja,  but we visit each other. Sometimes, we equally arrange to meet in a hotel for short or long time. It doesn’t really matter.

I know that you have really come a long way with your wife. So it’s sad that you’re separating.
I know that there are some married people who are living together but they don’t talk to themselves, which is a crime. I also know there are so many women who’ve been battered by very irresponsible men but they still live together,  and that for me is a crime. And I also know that the friendship which I share with Diane cannot be compared to all the rubbish I hear out there.

You said both of you arrange to meet for short and long time. Do you still have sexual intercourse?
Laughs. Wetin you think say we dey do for short time and long time? You think say we dey go there go look ourselves? We’ll keep having that because she’s my friend. That was the kind of friendship I had with Tina but it wasn’t anything sexual. You know friendship is misused in this country. People meet today and begin to introduce themselves as friends, which is wrong, or you see people who are in no way related and they call themselves brothers. I’ve grown past intercourse. I can have intimacy without penetration.

What does that mean?
Well, if you don’t understand then you’re analog. That means you’ve been going about things the old  fashion way. For me, I’ve gone digital now.

Is this gold ring you are wearing a wedding ring?
Which one?

This one. (Pointing to the gold wedding ring among many others on his fingers)

Yes.

With Diane or the new woman?
No comment.

Why would you want to leave Lady D for another? Is the new one digital and Lady D analog?
No, Lady D is very digital.

Is she not sexually creative anymore?
How can? It’s just like saying I’m not creative anymore. She’ll always be creative till she dies. At 56 years, I’m still very creative.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/13/why-am-i-getting-married-again-charly-boy/
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by nellaluv(f): 2:04am On Mar 14, 2010
BS, freak lipsrsealed
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by AqRiUsAge(f): 2:47am On Mar 14, 2010
Urrm, wow. Who on earth is Charly
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by spoilt(f): 4:12am On Mar 14, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

Urrm, wow. Who on earth is Charly

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by aieromon(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2010
If this crap came outta CB's mouth,then am so,so disappointed.
I used to respect this marriage,right now am confused.What did Lady D do to warrant this insult?
E no go better for the woman wey wan spoil this marriage.Go look for your own,you wan use youth snatch grand-dad.His a$$ will ditch you once you lose form.
Hmm,maybe he intends officially wedding Lady D and am overreacting.
Till 05/25 then
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by bawomolo(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2010
You said both of you arrange to meet for short and long time. Do you still have sexual intercourse?
Laughs. Wetin you think say we dey do for short time and long time? You think say we dey go there go look ourselves? We’ll keep having that because she’s my friend. That was the kind of friendship I had with Tina but it wasn’t anything sexual. You know friendship is misused in this country. People meet today and begin to introduce themselves as friends, which is wrong, or you see people who are in no way related and they call themselves brothers. I’ve grown past intercourse. I can have intimacy without penetration.

What does that mean?
Well, if you don’t understand then you’re analog. That means you’ve been going about things the old fashion way. For me, I’ve gone digital now.

lol.

the interview was a bit misogynistic but still hilarious.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 14, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

Urrm,  wow. Who on earth is Charly
I'd also like too know who the fugly dude is
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by asha80(m): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2010
FL Gators:

Are u a nigerian
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2010
Jewlries [other than wedding ring] on men is so annoying

asha 80:

Are u a nigerian 
Yes, but how is that any connection to my question
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by asha80(m): 10:44am On Mar 14, 2010
Knowing that you are educated and you are quite aware of nigerians in entartianment i find it difficult that you do not know who Charly boy is unless you were born and brought up in US.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

Knowing that you are educated and you are quite aware of nigerians in entartianment i find it difficult that you do not know who Charly boy is unless you were born and brought up in US.
Dont politely insult me by bringing my education status into this. . . I dont see how spending time in classes contribute to me knowing a potbelly ugly man named charly There's no rule that says I MUST know every Nigerian actor just because I'm Nigerian.

Why dont you simply tell me who he is? Or simply let someone else do that smiley
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by asha80(m): 10:58am On Mar 14, 2010
FL Gators:

Dont politely insult me by bringing my education status into this. . . I dont see how spending time in classes contribute to me knowing a potbelly ugly man named charly There's no rule that says I MUST know every Nigerian actor just because I'm Nigerian.

Why dont you simply tell me who he is? Or simply let someone else do that smiley

i will rather let someone else do that.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

i will rather let someone else do that.
Thank You
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by aieromon(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2010
Dont politely insult  me by bringing my education status into  this. . . I dont see how spending time in classes contribute to me knowing a potbelly ugly man named charly Huh There's no rule that says I MUST know every Nigerian actor just because I'm Nigerian.

Why dont you simply tell me who he is? Or simply let someone else do that

Calm down,asha80's right.Sorry about the education jab,he didn't mean it that way.All he said was that if you grew up in Naija,you SHOULD know Charly Boy.

Only Fela can pull more fans than him on the streets tongue
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by AloyEmeka5: 6:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
[size=14pt]My marriage is still intact -Charley Boy[/size]

'Nonye Ben-Nwankwo

Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charley Boy, is certainly not a small fry in the entertainment industry.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/13/punch/images/pix200702174511745[1].jpg[/img]
Charley Boy

Those who know His Royal Punkness well would also know that his wife of 31 years, Lady Diana, has always been at his side in all the heights he has attained.

So, it came as a shock to most fans of the couple when the story broke that their marriage had hit the rocks.

It was alleged that Lady Di, as the wife is popularly known, was tired of the weird lifestyle of Charley Boy and had decided to call it quits. It was also alleged that Charley Boy had concluded plans to get married to a Jamaican woman.

But when contacted on the phone, Charley Boy laughed his heart out before declaring that the allegations were baseless.

"It is not only a Jamaican lady I am marrying, I am also getting married to an Nnewi chic," he said sarcastically. "I have heard the story, and to some people who called to ask me, I told them that I can marry more than four wives. Am I not an African man?"

Anyway, Charley said the stories were false and that he and his wife would be hitting the altar soon.

"We intend to do a church wedding very soon. I only married her in the court. We did not do any church wedding, so we have been living in sin all this while. We intend to do a mind blowing white wedding very soon."

In spite of the rumour, Charley is still making his impact felt in every area of entertainment.

Not only is he making younger artistes to feel threatened since he came out with his latest hip hop album, with his latest magazine, The Charley Boy magazine, the weird one has attracted more fans than foes into his camp.

This was evident during the official presentation of the magazine to the Newspapers and Magazines Distributors' Association of Nigeria (NDAN) in Lagos last weekend.

The turn out at the event was high as even passers-by stopped by to catch a glimpse of the Area Fada, and he made their coming what the while.

Apart from local and up coming artistes performing at the event, Charley Boy used the opportunity to hobnob with the association, promising to offset their overdue rent.

In return, the association pledged their support to him and also promised that the new magazine would not be returned unsold.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/13/811.html
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by aieromon(m): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2010
Sorry for overreacting.
Yeay,Lady Di's gettin' married,yeay cheesy
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2010
He's a freak. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by pixiechic(f): 6:27am On Mar 15, 2010
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 15, 2010
^^^Are you lost?
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2010
funny man

i love his responses to questions.made the reporter look like a stone-age dunce grin
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Godslover: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2010
whats all this, it is a publicity stunt, he is doing a church wedding with his wife
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Dementos: 9:51am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

@flagator

What a very stupid, idiotic and animalistic girl! Who doesnt know charley boy? What a Goat and she still has the audacity to insult him as fugly and when someone yabbed her back she felt insulted. Stupid twerp!

Its all these kin mumu born throw for yankee idiot naija girls that can say this kind of rubbish and analyse naija through their keyboards without knowing the 4 corners of their mother land. For this anal-wipe to say she doesnt know our Area Father and still yab him, she is dafter and denser than i imagined. Going through her other posts, na so so curse curse and yab yab for no reason trying to show she is more intelligent when she is actually stupider than most people.

FYI, Charley Boy's wife is far finer than you despite the age gap, more intelligent, more respected and more yankee than you this Muppet, so better face your class studies and disappear from Nairaland. Charley boy is a Nigerian Icon and if you dont have the decency to research on people before you call them Fugly, then you should shut that your smelly mouth and cut that talon like fingers from spoting drivel when it suits you.

Stupid Sh**ithead   angry
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by princekevo(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2010
Lol.Charly Boy has always being the one and only official certified mad man in Naija.grin grin grin
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2010
SMH @ some of the responses on here.

People claiming they do not know who Charley Boy is?

Blimey!

Thank heavens for the internet and anonymity.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by SwtzMinx(f): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2010
.i d0n't really kn0w who he is. . .but he seems lyk a WeiRd fReaK. . .
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by princekevo(m): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2010
OMO IBO:

SMH @ some of the responses on here.

People claiming they do not know who Charley Boy is?

Blimey!

Thank heavens for the internet and anonymity.

LOl. the same people will  argue with you on the situation of Nigeria and solutions from the computer. Whereby,  they don't know what it means for a Nigerian kid to put aside his tray of bread or bag of pure water dancing charlier boy music on the street jst becoz he is tired of hawking and needed some mins of happiness.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by joeyfire(m): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2010
Yep. Charly Boy is definitely insane or totally irreponsible
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by smooooooth: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2010
who cares wetin craze man decides to do?
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by damola1: 10:24am On Mar 15, 2010
It's all media stunts.
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by alleno: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2010
Damn!, Damn!!, Damn!!!, Dementos, Damn?, Take is easy. Na mistake she do, she no go try am again.!
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 15, 2010
huh, ? kool interview, but he shouldn't use African myths he never believed to dodge the big picture, if he is really divorcing her?

I really think a commercial waist has taken over him, the song was an intro to his latest grin grin grin
Re: Why Am I Getting Married Again – Charly Boy by ud4u: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2010
What is marriage all about now? Signs of end time.

God have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 32nd Birthday To Banky W / Nkem Owoh:I Cannot Forgive Gen. Buhari For Unlawfully Killing My Elder Brother / Iroko Tv Promo... Subscribe With 2k, Get 12 Month Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.