Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Social Reform - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Social Reform (513 Views)

Conform To Reform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Reform by jefy(m): 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
#socialreformation
By: Mr. J.E.Fiyananabor
Truly, our different faces portray our diverse intents both good and evil.
I am saddened by the mind set, intents, and philosophy of some citizens regarding issues of morality and general issues on how our country ought to be, an ideal African society with values.
The change mantra should be professed and embraced in a different light. Truly, the concept of ‘CHANGE’ has been thrown to the horses as a result of slow paced or rather none existing policy realization. However, we should embrace change in a totally different light absent political thoughts or proclivity. We should embrace change in a positive and honorably accepted stand.
My point precisely, from personal observations, we have battered our beloved social values, rubbishing morals, frowning at that which is right, and turning deaf ears to words of reason. We enjoy breaking common rules and regulations. Some would cite senseless reasons for their actions, inactions, ideologies and point of view. Even the elderly who ought to frown at such actions shamefully support such actions with narrow-minded quotes such as “after all, our cream of the crop don’t follow due process especially on issues of sleaze, hence I will not follow due process”. Hummmm, where do we go from here, what a shame?
If you are reading this post, the desired change starts with you and through you, I as well. Let’s call a spade spade and a shovel, shovel. Let’s not colour issues, events, actions and state of affairs to suit our notion and caprices. Whatever you do, do it well, and do so in the ambiance of law, order and morality.
Are you at the banking hall? Please stay on the queue and don’t jump it. Are you in a position to help the elderly or physically challenged? Please do so with all feelings of compassion and attract God’s blessings. Is there a need to speak the truth? Oh, do so without apprehension. Remember, the good book says, “let your Yes be Yes and your No, No.
Our kids are growing the digital way with so much assimilation of civilization, eroding our cultural and traditional values and of course, frowning at morality. These days, it is common site to see young kids, teenagers, young adults and even adults alike evading greetings, they even walk eye ball to eye ball hoping to hit you with their arms, instead of giving way or saying the usual excuse me sir/Mamm.
Parents, do your part to raise your kids well to attract the blessings due them, as often time, societal problems emanates from the home. Lets bring back the values of old, where respect, morality, chastity, love for humanity, selflessness, communal leaving and respect for human life was the order of the day.
For the youths and citizens alike, do not frown at goodness, do not embrace evil because you feel and see others benefit from such evil. Together, let’s set a standard worth emulating; let’s do the right thing at the right time, let’s dwell in the ambiance of morality, law and order and see our society grow in oneness, love, communal bliss and love for one another.A society absent love collapses in reckless abandon and one with love springs in unity of purpose and development.
Do your part in Nation building
You mustn’t be the richest man in Babylon to make your voice heard in a positive light.
Am doing what I can.,
Do yours.
Kind words from Flairville ( Da House of Optimism }j{
#socialreformation
#abetternigeria
#abettercitizenry

(1) (Reply)

How To Handle Family Disagreements Maturedly / Which Of This Will You Pay First? / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.