Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times (521 Views)

Man High On Weed Caught Smoking By Police (Photos) / Man High On Drugs Kills Himself After Hacking His Brother's Neck. Graphic Photos / Man High On Drug, Destroys People's Properties In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by GrayAces: 7:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Twenty-nine-year-old Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps was stabbed to death by her husband while he was high on cough medicine.

An autopsy report states she suffered 123 stab wounds, with multiple wounds to her face, neck, torso, arms and jugular vein. Her husband, Matthew James Phelps, allegedly said he killed his wife after calling 911.

EXCERPTS OF THE 911 CALL

“I think I killed my (wife),” the caller said.

“What do you mean? What happened?” the operator said.

“I had a dream, and then I turned on the lights and she’s dead on the floor,” he said. “I have blood all over me, and there’s a bloody knife on the bed. And I think I did it.”

The caller, identified by police as Matthew James Phelps, grew increasingly distraught as he explained that he had taken Coricidin Cough and Cold medicine and awakened to the bloody scene.

“Oh my God,” he said, crying. “Why?”

Phelps, 28, has been charged with murder in the stabbing death of Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps in North Carolina. Joe Cheshire, an attorney for Phelps, said it was a “very tragic” situation but asked that people withhold judgment.

Cheshire said, “There’s a lot to this story, I believe that will be told in the future. But I don’t want anything I say to diminish the sadness and sorrow that everyone feels for the death of this lovely young lady.”

In the 911 call, Phelps said he didn’t know what time it was or when he had woken up. He said he took “more medicine than I should have” and woke up to the grisly scene. “I know it can make you feel good, and a lot of times I can’t sleep at night, so I took some.”

The National Institute on Drug Abuse issued a statement saying, “Cough medicines like Coricidin target symptoms of the common cold, and can also cause drowsiness.

When abused or taken in high doses, the cough medicine ingredient Dextromethorphan can cause hallucinogenic effects, including “sensations of physical distortion and hallucinations.”

Bayer, the maker of Coricidin, released a statement extending its “deepest sympathies” to the family. “Patient safety is our top priority, and we continually monitor adverse events regarding all of our products,” the company said. “There is no evidence to suggest that Coricidin is associated with violent behavior.”

Phelps appeared in court on Wednesday and no bond was issued, according to the Wake County Clerk of Court’s Office. He could face the death penalty if convicted... http://www.unbrokenchords.com/domestic-violence-man-high-cough-medicine-stabs-wife-123-times/
SOURCE: UNBROKENCHORDS.COM
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by DanielsParker(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2017
ok
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by Fxmanager(m): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2017
Okay.
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by UnbrokenChords: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2017
sad
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by quiverfull(m): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2017
Ever wondered why many Nigerian youth behave "crazy"? Abuse of cough syrup just like the guy in the report above.
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by arrhem: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2017
Abeg who count am

For scholarships, schools admission, visa processing, etc to study in any country visit http://arrhem..com
Re: Domestic Violence: Man High On Cough Medicine Stabs Wife 123 Times by UnbrokenChords: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2017
arrhem:
Abeg who count am

For scholarships, schools admission, visa processing, etc to study in any country visit http://arrhem..com
i'm pretty sure there's something called Forensics and an Autopsy

(1) (Reply)

OMG!! Young Man Rapes 100-year-old Woman To Death / Auchi Polytechnic Student Shot Dead By Vigilantes A Day After Her Graduation / Nigerian Woman Who Uses Charms To Attract Rich Men Arrested By The Police (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.