Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? (1405 Views)

An Entrepreneur Is Someone Who Has A Vision For Something And Want To Create / 3 Advantages Of Starting Small As An Entrepreneur / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by Melodyz(m): 9:01am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello nairalanders​, my name is Godson and I just graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka . Before my graduation, during holidays I normally travel to delta state where I'm learning furniture making, I'm getting better with the furniture making, at least for now. Next year now I will be force to go for my NYSC service and my younger siblings are looking up to me for assistance, which I don't know where to start from cos I normally heard people saying learning of work is the best way to survive in this country. And for the record my mum is late while my dad is not really doing good at the moment, he is even trying to relocate to the village.

Please workers in the house what should I do? I seriously need a mentor to advise me with the following questions

1. Is furniture making a good source of livelihood?

2. Can I become an entrepreneur via furniture making?

3. What should I do after service?

4. What next step should I take?

Please move it to front page.. Please
Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by greatnaija01: 9:12am On Oct 21, 2017
yes you can, pray hard that you are sent to a good state like LAGOS, ABUJA, PH, then bran yourself in furniture making... i mean set up a website where people can order furniture from any part of naija... YOU WILL NOT FAIL... JUST TRY... THERE ARE GUYS HERE ON NL THAT CAN DESIGN THE SITE FOR U FOR FREE.

God is with u. also in your NYSC try to save 5k or 10k monthly... If you do that then you can start any business of your choice that will help your siblings. I can also show u threads on NL where u can learn IMPORTATION business for free
Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by 2017hen: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2017
On going ...

Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by easyway4me: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Melody. Thank God you a university graduate. I guess too you are literate in the use of laptop. If i guess right then no problem at all.
I want to assure you that there are thousands of online business ways of making genuine, legitimate and value-adding way of making real money on the internet without biting your fingers If only you are good in internet. NOTE, NOT YAHOO YAHOO!!!
Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:59am On Oct 23, 2017
What defines you as a graduate is not the certificate but your ability to do the same job in a unique way. Your ability to leverage on technology to amass wealth through that furniture making. I started with printing 400L. The major edge I had was doing things differently. Funny enough I never went through any training in that field because when I started I was in real financial mess and I needed to survive. Within a year I've evolved into aspects of printing those who were claiming the bosses are yet to know because I leveraged on acquisition of information which is power. By the time I finished Nysc I had patterned my line of printing into production of branding items that you can't get in Nigeria & it gave me an edge. Today I've moved fully into logistics, importation & currency exchange while printing I started with is just passive income as I hardly have the time for such stress anymore.
My point is simple be creative in that furniture making. Do the impossible with it, check what makes some people big shots in that industry. Leverage on social media. Get latest information in your chosen field to the point you become a consultant. Be honest in your dealings. Never promise what you can't do because of the money you will make immediately. Its more than 8 years now and twice I did corporate job in big companies. First was to break my shyness on presentation, proposal writing and marketing. I resigned after three months. Second time I worked was to get connection to the people involved in giving out printing contracts for that company which run into hundreds of millions. After I got the info & discovered I can't get such capital to bankroll such projects then come back for my money I resigned less than three weeks. These are things I did to survive. Was it rosy at the beginning? Hell No. The road was too tough. I could remember someone telling my mum I didn't graduate cox if I did why was I not working in a corporate office? Lols
I was just too focused to be an employer of labor than to be an employee.
Thanks to UBA that didn't call me to their graduate trainee school despite passing the three stages of interview yet invited my friend who failed at second stage.
Thanks to all those mocking and deriding me back then because they inspired me to dare the impossible and become more determined to prove to them that in ten years after I graduate I'll pay the highest paid amongst my colleague who we graduated together equivalent of their salary to those I employ.

Hope it inspires you Melodyz because I also have all my siblings looking up to me and a mother retrenched from UCH in 2007 when OBJ did massive compulsory retirement. Cheers bro we meet at the top

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by starchris(m): 9:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Furniture making is a good idea, but the problem is that a lot of people is are already in this line of business so you need to think outside the box and be unique
Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by karlboss: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2017
Infinitikoncept:
What defines you as a graduate is not the certificate but your ability to do the same job in a unique way. Your ability to leverage on technology to amass wealth through that furniture making. I started with printing 400L. The major edge I had was doing things differently. Funny enough I never went through any training in that field because when I started I was in real financial mess and I needed to survive. Within a year I've evolved into aspects of printing those who were claiming the bosses are yet to know because I leveraged on acquisition of information which is power. By the time I finished Nysc I had patterned my line of printing into production of branding items that you can't get in Nigeria & it gave me an edge. Today I've moved fully into logistics, importation & currency exchange while printing I started with is just passive income as I hardly have the time for such stress anymore.
My point is simple be creative in that furniture making. Do the impossible with it, check what makes some people big shots in that industry. Leverage on social media. Get latest information in your chosen field to the point you become a consultant. Be honest in your dealings. Never promise what you can't do because of the money you will make immediately. Its more than 8 years now and twice I did corporate job in big companies. First was to break my shyness on presentation, proposal writing and marketing. I resigned after three months. Second time I worked was to get connection to the people involved in giving out printing contracts for that company which run into hundreds of millions. After I got the info & discovered I can't get such capital to bankroll such projects then come back for my money I resigned less than three weeks. These are things I did to survive. Was it rosy at the beginning? Hell No. The road was too tough. I could remember someone telling my mum I didn't graduate cox if I did why was I not working in a corporate office? Lols
I was just too focused to be an employer of labor than to be an employee.
Thanks to UBA that didn't call me to their graduate trainee school despite passing the three stages of interview yet invited my friend who failed at second stage.
Thanks to all those mocking and deriding me back then because they inspired me to dare the impossible and become more determined to prove to them that in ten years after I graduate I'll pay the highest paid amongst my colleague who we graduated together equivalent of their salary to those I employ.

Hope it inspires you Melodyz because I also have all my siblings looking up to me and a mother retrenched from UCH in 2007 when OBJ did massive compulsory retirement. Cheers bro we meet at the top
I love this

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be An Entrepreneur, Is This The Right Path To Be One? by karlboss: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2017
easyway4me:
Melody. Thank God you a university graduate. I guess too you are literate in the use of laptop. If i guess right then no problem at all.
I want to assure you that there are thousands of online business ways of making genuine, legitimate and value-adding way of making real money on the internet without biting your fingers If only you are good in internet. NOTE, NOT YAHOO YAHOO!!!
Can you show us the way

(1) (Reply)

How To Repair Iphone That Won't Turn On / Dalecoin Swap Exchange Is Launched / I Need Lead Ore Seller On Fob Basis of Nigeria Origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.