Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Aocoed: Upgrade Of The College To A University Of Education Is Before The House - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Aocoed: Upgrade Of The College To A University Of Education Is Before The House (2436 Views)

How New Provost Of The College Of Education, Ikere Was Appointed / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aocoed: Upgrade Of The College To A University Of Education Is Before The House by Kakaakinews: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2017
The upgrade of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of education (AOCOED) to a university of education has been a topic for debate among students, old students , staffs of the college and scholars for several decades, this innovation to many seem overdue after the college have been accredited as a degree awarding institution for many years. Aside the fact that Lagos state having a university of education will help address shortfall of quality teachers in the state and the nation at large, Its upgrade will further boost the economic status of the less developed community, attract researchers across the world and the tourism potentials of the state.

One of the stated agenda of the alumni association of the college is to ensure the speedy attainment of the upgrade of the college which will make it the only university of education in the economic capital of Nigeria, Lagos state.

At the sideline of the inauguration of the new executives of the students union of Adeniran Ogunsanya college of education, the alumni association National PRO, Opeyemi Eniola, engaged the house of assembly member representing Ojo constituency I, Hon. Victor Akande, highlights of the discussions include the facelift of the college, employment of NCE holders from the school and sponsoring a bill for the upgrade of the institution to a university.

Responding to the charges, the lawmaker assures of delivering the requests on the floor of the house for deliberation, Hon. Akande also stated that the upgrade of the college to a university is among the matters already discussed but would ensure that the matter is given utmost concentration.

"I am aware that this institution is the first owned tertiary institution of the Lagos state government, the uplift and additional infrastructures that will make its upgrade to a university is sacrosanct, the matter is before the house already, but as you have mentioned, I will relay your messages on the floor of the house".

"I love your school and also appreciate the management, in support of the students, I will pay the tuition of twenty (20) students", Hon. Akande added.

Meanwhile, AOCOED alumni association under the leadership of Prince Shina Akintolure has urged the newly inaugurated students representatives to find means of adding value to the college while they remain law abiding students and citizens of the federal republic of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Most Profitable And Less Competitive Courses That Can Get You Sure Admission / Varsity Boy Chains Handset To His Neck So No One Can Steal It / OOU, TASUED, FUNAB Aspirants Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.