Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? (3417 Views)

Modenine Ft Proverb - Promode - Download Here / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by ElRazur: 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2010
I think I got it now - Email. cool
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by eldee(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2010
Just sent em again. . .tell me if got to download em now.
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by rapjunkie(m): 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2010
ElRazur:

Whatever it is, I am sure it is more than yours.

Anyone with half a brain can see that I already stated that I am not saying he cannot state an opinion or express one. I also stated that I am not close minded and I gave reasons.  But I guess you left those out on purpose.

U need to re-read your condescending posts on this thread Einstein
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by ElRazur: 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
eldee:

Just sent em again. . .tell me if got to download em now.

Thanks. It is working fine now.

cool
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by bouzymill(m): 5:31am On Mar 15, 2010
tavarez:

his mother toungue was only on the hook, no dey do like say na only u get ear, listen to E 4Os Server on youtube with a Yoruba Hook and English raps,,, shey that makes him African toooo

jesus is still weeping sef cry cry cry

he doest even sound like an African really, "put a hole in an emcee like Cherrios", shey Ajegunle children know wat dat one is, even in somalia who eats cherrios on the street., guy anybody can sample vernacular choruses or multi-Lingual one and that was what Soobax struck me as,

It's amazing how anyone would come out and say no "K'naan doesn't play African leauge", "Knaan doesn't sound African" and all that, anywayz, we'ld still call it opinions.

How the hell do you get African in your music more than Knaan? Even before his albums. Check his collaborations with Dead Prez and all that, you feel the African spirit and messages. From the days of "dusty foot philosopher" to "Troubadour", the message has been about Africa or his travails as an African in another man's land.

In short, What triggered his career was a piece that was solely based on his land which is part of Africa. So What the F*ck"?
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by jamez3d(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
@eldee, abeg big knaan fan here, av got bout 12 of his tracks spread btw his 2 albums en i luv them all. Ma fave is abc's, The gy is very african, The music, the lyrics, the beat, heck he even dresses african, Please forward me d mixtapes, I want a piece of dat bug 2. Jamesikediashi@yahoo.com
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by A40(m): 12:32am On Mar 18, 2010
@Tavarez
Did you say K'Naan does not sound African? I need the number of your dopeman so he could hook me up with that Southernplayalistickryptochronic ish you be smoking! WTF on a song titled America on Troubadour he spat in Somali heck he even shouts us out in his tracks go and listen to T.I.A which FYI means This Is Africa
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by eldee(m): 12:51am On Mar 18, 2010
Moved To Music Section.
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by eldee(m): 12:53am On Mar 18, 2010
@A-40
Have you heard The K'naan V Fela mixtape??
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by A40(m): 1:24am On Mar 18, 2010
@Eldee
Nah i have not gotten any new K'Naan stuff just the entire DFP and Troubadour albums and a handful of tracks
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by eldee(m): 1:29am On Mar 18, 2010
A-40:

@Eldee
Nah i have not gotten any new K'Naan stuff just the entire DFP and Troubadour albums and a handful of tracks

Dude come on man . . . you need to be up to date with these things. grin grin
Check your inbox.

Google 'Stop For A Minute' . . . a collabo between K'naan and Keane.
K'naan's singing is quite good actually.
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by aieromon(m): 6:14am On Mar 18, 2010
I thought this thread was about HIP HOP PANTSULA

Check out this HHP track featuring Naeto C and Ameen - Boogie Down.The song's tite

DOWNLOAD HERE

**Error duly noted and corrected**
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:47am On Mar 18, 2010
aieromon:

I thought this thread was about HIP HOP PANTSULA

Check out this HHP track featuring Naeto C and Ameen - Boogie Down.The song's tite
DOWNLOAD HERE
Yeah. . .song is tite!
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by kaydee(m): 9:04am On Mar 18, 2010
@ Tavarez

Give it up,K'naan is as African as Madiba
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by HJ1(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2010
wuteva
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by A40(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Eldee
Lol i'd keep up i downloaded the Bob Dylan Tribute and the Fela song! Some real good music. I'd personally like to see him do a song with Coldplay or Mr Hudson he seems to have some chemistry with these Rock and Alternative fellas. I loved the joint he did with (Kirk Hamett 'If rag gets jealous') of Metallica and of course Bang Bang with Adam Levine all on Troubadour

By the way he does most of the hooks himself even when featured and is defo an excellent singer
Re: Are Hip Hop Pantsula And Proverb Are Better Than Nigeria Rappers?? by blackalien: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
That's his opinion! It's really hard defending the art I must say.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efejoku! / Online Paypal Money Adder No Download Needed Generator New Free / [mixtape] Arewa Best Top 10 Mix By Dj Bombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.