Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,870 members, 7,862,922 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Sustainability Of Nigerian Empire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sustainability Of Nigerian Empire (299 Views)

Photos: VP Osinbajo Chairs Economic Sustainability Committee Meeting / Sustainability Of Peace Is Our Priority — oyo SSG / Breaking News: BudgIT 2017 Fiscal Sustainability Of States In Nigeria Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sustainability Of Nigerian Empire by NoNonsense8464(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
By Nwogboji Emmanuel {a.k.a No-Nonsense}

08063558464[text only]

Ambitious people create country around nations, but they will always disintegrate. There were empires in the past, but where are they today? The one very popular is the Roman empire —which contained about thousands of different nationalities that speak their own languages. Where is the Roman empire today?

Nationalities are indigestible.... Nobody can destroy them. The only way you can make them live together in one country is to manage their affairs equitably.

In that case, the fundamental problem is that Nigeria is not and can never be a nation. It is a country of many nations. These nations had long existed thousands of years before the British came and amalgamated them together to form a country. The only hope for this country to live harmoniously and progressively is for us to recognize and respect each nation. Let's shun hate speeches, it helps not, and has never helped since the era of IGBOPHOBIA.

But however, Nigeria as a country is constantly producing protest of people who feel they are being marginalized, cheated and even targeted at destructions. If you ask me whether I want Nigeria to exist as a country, my response will and will always be YES! I love Nigeria, and I don't want it to break up.... Hoohaa. But, I don't believe it will live long based on the way it is being managed. Up till now, we are still operating constitution given to us by the military in 1998. They put together all the commands and call it a constitution, and that is why there is no constitutionalism in Nigeria. The president is a dictator and we surely cannot rule ourselves in such manner. As such, for us to get ride of the present challenges in Nigeria, we need to restore the beauty of 1963 constitution. And that calls for restructuring...
Restructuring Nigeria will definitely bring competition among states and local regions. Just as before the military destrupted our political system; we were buoyant in palm produce in the east, cocoa in the west, and tin/ copper in the north. Where are they today?

Obviously, we need competition to restore the integrity of our country. Competition drives productivity, productivity inspires innovations, and innovations brings development. That is what Nigeria lacks; competition, productivity, innovation, efficient and sustainable development. And it's only true restructuring that can guarantee such.

I don't want Nigeria to balkanize. And I can not purge myself of the feeling that Nigeria can become the world power tomorrow.

Say no to agitation...
Say yes to unity in diversity!!!!

(1) (Reply)

It Is Fayose Right To Declare His 2019 Presidential Ambition – Balarabe Musa / Nigerian Youths Plans To Unseat Old Aged Politicians And Elect Youths 2019 / Prisoners To Vote In 2019 – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.