Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,001 members, 7,814,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Best Life Advice You Would Give To Anyone Starting His/her University Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Life Advice You Would Give To Anyone Starting His/her University Life (1337 Views)

Student Experiences At China Medical University: Life, Studies, And Campus Cultu / Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) / This Young EKSU Graduate Just Got "Conquered" By Her University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Life Advice You Would Give To Anyone Starting His/her University Life by valkaka(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
Don't ever carry these 10 myths with you:

1) Not studying is cool.
2) It's the time to enjoy and now I am free.
3) Parents are irritating/non understanding. Friends understand me and care for me more than my parents.
4) Drinking/Smoking/Partying is damn cool.
5) Bunking classes is so much fun. Going to Library is not my type.
6) Those who excel in exams are bookworms. They don't know how to lead life. I know everything.
7) There is no need to study regularly when I could get passing marks on 1 night study and can also pay lecturers and bribe them for marks
cool Having a boyfriend/girlfriend is a status symbol and it is mandatory.
9) Exercise is a wastage of time.
10) There is lot of time to plan for my future. I would start it from the final year.

Friends, time once lost can never be regained. So decide your goal and start working to achieve it rather than repenting later.
The friends whom you think are better than your family, would get busy in their respective lives and only family would be there to support you always. Friends are really good but family is the best. Know your priorities.

Enjoyment is necessary but set your limits as excess of anything is bad. Try to maintain a perfect balance between diet, study, entertainment, being social and workout.

Am I sounding like a parent??
well i am not one ,albeit every piece of correct advice appearing boring to us comes from our parents. So be aware of these myths from the 1st semester itself and save your time, money and energy.

P.S. Learn from the mistakes of others because life is too short to learn after committing all of them yourself. - Chanakya
GOODLUCK FOR TERTIARY STUDENTS ASPIRANTS and feel free to add yours

1 Like

Re: Best Life Advice You Would Give To Anyone Starting His/her University Life by LordIsaac(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
They won't hear. Those who will already know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Latest Jamb News Updates 2018…welcome To The Jamb News Updates 2018, This Page W / Schoolwap.com.ng / GOOD NEWS: Federal Ministry Of Education Implements Template For School Reopenin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.