Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) (54100 Views)

MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) / Osun MKO Abiola Airport In Ruins Despite Multi-Billion Naira Funding / Osun N69bn MKO Abiola International Airport: Untold Story Of A Promising Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Iamzik: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ogbeni Rauf always proposing.... Town wey no get road sef wan build airport!

Ok o

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by tolexy123: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Osun state people whey neva chop... Na dem go get stomach to fly #smh undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by BiafraIShere(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
LWKMD, when their allocation has been reduced to 150 million naira monthly. Aregbe keeps deceiving these people with phantom projects. Even Ibadan and Akure airstrips are not viable yet they talking of building another one in the rustic town of Oshogbo. Lets's even assume that by a stroke of miracle that it was built, who is going to use the airport? The governor alone or skull miners and agbo sellers Iberibe Dagbukwaa unu there. LOL.

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by HillsBlaze(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
White elephant project

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Jaabioro(m): 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
devigblegble:
Make sense
My broda it make no sense at all.,

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by MrRitchie: 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
I am from Benue state but I don't like ppl talking about that state because it doesn't exist in terms of government doing something to at least take the state to some standard, we just have people there disguising as governors, senators etc and be looting anyhow without anyone saying anything, if not for some reasons I would have said that state stopped existing from the day it was created
birdsview:
Benue State Governor said he was going to build a cargo airport..a cargo airport in a state with almost zero commercial activities... well well well.graders and bulldozers were brought to site..cleared an area of about 200 square metres..the start off ceremony was elaborate and colourful,and the rest as they say is history..I just hope this wouldn't be the case in Osun...Gov Ortom is just a nightmare to benue state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Ttipsy(f): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
op what kind of question r u asking, I fact all states in Nigeria deserves an international airport unless you don't like development
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by PDPGuy: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
I doubt whether this airport will be viable for passenger travel. It could be useful for cargo operations, cos that will certainly decongest the MMIA.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by nicestguy1: 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
tobtap:
Oshogbo airport is a waste of money..upgrade d Ibadan airport to serve osun n ekiti states.. Whose cities are within 1-2hrs drive from ibadan.. D money shud be used to upgrade d road n rail service in osun state...

You just said the simple solution!

4 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by vicardino(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by babalonimi: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hunger with airport

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
grin
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Ttipsy(f): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
tobtap:
Oshogbo airport is a waste of money..upgrade d Ibadan airport to serve osun n ekiti states.. Whose cities are within 1-2hrs drive from ibadan.. D money shud be used to upgrade d road n rail service in osun state...
This is a state project, wetin concern Ibadan? if Oyo state like, they should leave it to decay....

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by AreaFada2: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
This must be fake news.

Osun with all its financial wahala? shocked

Most airports in 9ja are under-used. Airline business is hardly viable in 9ja because of too many huddles.

Where will passengers be flying from & to? UK, USA, SA, Canada, France or where?

This is one of the problems of creating states anyhow. A superb upgraded Airport in Ibadan should serve Osun & beyond very well.

Asaba also built an airport when a nice mixed passenger-cargo airport at Onitsha (with two or three nice bridges over the Niger) & an upgraded Benin Airport would be enough.

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by jurgyvideos: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Great
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Swints: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
Only good thing about this airport is that finally an international airport will be named after a Yoruba man after many years of marginalization �
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by asawanathegreat(m): 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Osun need Amala airport

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by bigtt76(f): 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
Governors in Nigeria and Airports are like this

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by bigtt76(f): 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Nedfed(m): 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
tobtap:

Tell them abeg
Big problem with this country is that we neva knw what next in action.
But neva surprise with some of dia decision, because the;
1. First class, dey become the lecturers
2. Second class, dey into business
3. Third class, are the one running the affairs of the nation (politicians).

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by bigtt76(f): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2017

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Jesusbabygirl(f): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
SageTravels:
@Mynd44 Justwise Seun lalasticlala

How I wish we have aviation Master plan based on demand and traffic so that we can ascertain if this is not a vanity project.
This is the most intelligent I have read on nairaland!!!
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Charly68: 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
highrise07:
Misplaced priority....... The man at the helms of affairs in that state is daft
Hmnnn not a daft but wicked..

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by shaddoww: 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
from what I heard, d airport is been built mainly to serve as aircraft maintenance as most airline do dia aircraft maintenance outside naija. I believe dat if dey can truly stick to dis, den dey will b on point.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Hysmady(m): 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
as i opened this news page,dunno,i yawned 3 times as i opened this news page,dunno,i yawned 3 times
Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by delpee(f): 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
This is unnecessary in a state that is already overburdened with loans. Investment in agriculture and mining of solid minerals will boost the economy better. What's the volume of production that requires urgent airlift? The underutilised Ibadan airport is about one and a half hours away. Besides there's functional railway service passing through several towns in Osun. Aregbesola seems to be focused on huge capital projects which have not translated into improved economy for Osunlites. Even his education policy has brought more confusion than progress.

Really sad times for Osun. sad

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by delpee(f): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
shaddoww:
from what I heard, d airport is been built mainly to serve as aircraft maintenance as most airline do dia aircraft maintenance outside naija. I believe dat if dey can truly stick to dis, den dey will b on point.

That may be a good idea on paper but there's no guarantee that the airlines will patronise Osun for maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by ayodeji84: 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
Myopic set of rulers calling themselves leaders... so it is the airport that will feed osun people abi? mugu

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Bakrabas: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
tobtap:

So it's a crime for osun and Ekiti to have their own seperate airport. It's a great development to South West. There's nothing bad if all the states in South have International Airport. The money that meant for Ojo should not be spent on Aina...

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by omoiyamayor(m): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Proposed for almost a decade now,will it be build after life?

1 Like

Re: The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) by Leez(m): 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
benn94:
Internation Airport for skull import and export..afon..
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Benin Highway,scores Of Passengers Feared Dead.graphic Pics / Agbor, Delta Road: Is This The Longest Traffic Jam In Nigeria? (Video) / How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.