Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) (16852 Views)

We Drugged Her Yoghurt, Stabbed Her To Death And Sold Her Baby — Murder Suspects / Man Lures Ex-girlfriend He Impregnated, Sells Her Twins For N150,000 (pic) / Teenager Arrested For Selling Her 2-months Old Baby For N120,000 (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by ijustdey: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2017

Lois Apollos was born in Mubi Local Government Area of a Adamawa State 18 years ago, but left home in 2015 in search of better life in Gombe. With only primary school education, she got a job as a restaurant attendant on the outskirts of Gombe metropolis, but later fell out with the restaurant owner, one Madam Rhoda, and left for Alkaleri in Bauchi State.

“There, I met the father of my child, Lawal,who sells Suya at a place called Junction Masuri. I later moved to his one-room apartment,” Lois said.

“When I told him that I was pregnant, he agreed to be responsible, but when he was convinced by his friends, he asked me to go and find the father of my child,” she added.

Confused on where to go next, Lois returned to her parents in Mubi, but according to her, they sent her away, saying they would not harbour her with a pregnancy outside wedlock. She then returned to Gombe, where she revealed her predicament to one Haladu, a yam seller at New Mile 3 along the Gombe-Yola highway, and confided in him that she would also abandon the child after delivery. But Haladu introduced her to a woman, Hadiza, who agreed to take the baby when she put to bed.

“When Hadiza came, she told me that she wanted the baby. I thought she was joking, but when the pregnancy reached nine months, she persuaded me to go to a hospital where a medical doctor induced the labour and I delivered the baby.

After the delivery, she settled the bills and gave me N10, 000 and left for an unknown destination with the child. She also asked me not to return to Mile 3.” But Lois returned to Mile 3, and people started asking her about the baby.

“With no answer to their enquiries, I had to leave the place, to stay with my friend at a village called ACG. But for three weeks after delivering the baby I could not sleep well, so I returned to Haladu and asked him to take me to the woman who took my baby away,” she said. The police later helped her trace Hadiza and recovered the baby.

“The police recovered the child from the woman and gave me a letter to the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare which reunited me with my child and brought us to this village in the ministry’s official vehicle,” she said.

The police then invited Lawal, the father of the child, who agreed to take responsibility for the child’s upkeep, but he was not seen afterwards.

“When the police invited him, he came, and agreed that he was responsible for my pregnancy and would now take responsibility for the child’s upkeep. Hadiza was crying when they took the child from her, begging us to leave him to her,” she added.

When Daily Trust visited Lois at the ACG village along the Gombe-Yola highway earlier this week, she was cuddling her one-month-old baby under a tree at about noon, singing softly. She said she was starving, having not eaten since the previous night. Lois also said the baby is not named yet.

“Since my reunion with the child and subsequent relocation to this village about two weeks ago, neither the officials of the ministry nor the father has visited me. Baby is ill and I don’t have enough breast milk to give him. Because he was away from me for about a month, the breast milk has ceased and I do not eat good food to stimulate the flow,” she said.

When Daily Trust contacted the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare, the officials denied knowledge of the case. The Director of Social Welfare at the ministry, Mr. Endiley Mailafiya, said his office was not aware of the case.

However, the Gombe State Police Command Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Obed Mary Malum, confirmed the incident, saying the command actually recovered and handed over the child to his mother, Lois.

“We have since reunited the baby with his real mother through the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare,” DSP Malum said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/adamawa-teenage-mum-reveals-shocker-why-i-sold-my-own-baby-for-n10-000.html

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Memories12411: 11:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lois wearing himar? This is serious. There's more to this story. I hope this should serve as a lesson to other Christian teenagers from the north.

6 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by ashjay001(m): 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
Memories12411:
Lois wearing himar? This is serious. There's more to this story. I hope this should serve as a lesson to other Christian teenagers from the north.

Its normal to find northern xtians using hijab!? Esp those from villages, seems to come with d territory.

13 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by DanielsParker(m): 6:55am On Oct 22, 2017
too bad
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by kay29000(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
She didn't sell her baby...she was probably going to throw the baby in the gutter if that woman hadn't come along...the 10k was really just a gift.

19 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by ezana1(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
Idiot of a fooll
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by bgossipnaija(f): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Nigeriadondie: 8:18am On Oct 22, 2017
lipsrsealed U won’t see Afonjas maturbating here now but if na igbo their hands go dey scratch them to flood here with comments filled with hatred for igbos.

As for d girl e beta u sell the child than to have mined the skull of that child cos if it were in the west like Ogun state that child may ve been a good ritual material or to have aborted the child.

Every baby has a right to live. I am pro-life and anti-abortion.

If u know someone contemplating abortion, do your part to save that unborn child by discouraging the mother from aborting that child. Any help u can render to prevent abortion pls do it as God the creator of life which is sacred wud bless u.

I recall doing my NYSC in an area where unwed teens becoming pregnant was common somewhere up north as d congi level of d people there was so high but I feel proud I offered helping a teenage help to prevent abortion due to d stigma and shame. Afterall the people mocking her were not virgins and have had pre-marital and extra-marital sex as nobody holy pass. Now she is grateful to ve kept d baby. Looking at child radiates joy that has overtaken the shame and sadness of the past. Life is precious. Let’s safeguard it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by dannytoe(m): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2017
When the aboki was busy shining her congo she never knew she will birth a child. Now she wants to sell the child, thats how they flood the north with Almajiris.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by castrol180(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Antara0503(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2017
na wah!
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by sotall(m): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by senier007(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2017
See what movie people are causing in "real time"
They act something like that before you know
It's happening in real life,
The government will do more by creating social welfare department in all the 774 LGA to cater for such tragedies, I hope the government of the day will raise to their responsible and also the community leaders.

May God continue to protect and bless that always stood for the truth and help those in need

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 22, 2017
sad The child will fare better with the other woman

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by darlenese(f): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Memories12411:

u think u can convince us that Muslims girls do not fuvck and get pregnant abi...

nonsense .

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Terminator1234g: 8:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Memories12411:

People like you are evil. The world would be so better without people that think lie you.

9 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by kingPhidel(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2017
K
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by sanchezJ(f): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2017
D child was feeding well and well taken care of with d other woman. Why not kuku leave him with her..,.at least ,sound health,food and education sure for d baby

9 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by coldsummer: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2017
That child should have been left with the Hadiza woman. Apparently, she is not using him for anything bad, he will have a better quality of life with her.

As it stands now the supposed biological father has abandoned the mother and Child and the mother doesn't have means of livelihood.

Being a mother goes beyond pushing the baby through the woman hole. Nigerians need to understand that

14 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 22, 2017
so how did they help this poor girl with her circumstances? angry the girl and her new born baby are on the streets hungry, no milk for the baby And our senators are wasting our money travelling all over, buying fleets of cars, Dancing and embarrassing themselves in public places.

Were are all the so called christians and their crooked private jets owning pastors? this country is a shiit! hole!
they claim to be christians and has the most church buildings in the world yet a young mother and her newborn are homeless and hungry! instead of building more welfare centers and providing shelters and food for homeless people they are building big churches and mosques

she should have let the woman who can look after the baby kept the baby.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 22, 2017
coldsummer:
That child should have been left with the Hadiza woman. Apparently, she is not using him for anything bad, he will have a better quality of life with her.

As it stands now the supposed biological father has abandoned the mother and Child and the mother doesn't have means of livelihood.

Being a mother goes beyond pushing the baby through the woman hole. Nigerians need to understand that
true talk!

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 22, 2017
Terminator1234g:

People like you are evil. The world would be so better without people that think lie you.
Religion has done more damage on earth, see how that individual turned it to a religious thing.

people like him have been brainwashed to believe these things.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Afribest(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
lipsrsealed U won’t see Afonjas maturbating here now but if na igbo their hands go dey scratch them to flood here with comments filled with hatred for igbos.

As for d girl e beta u sell the child than to have mined the skull of that child cos if it were in the west like Ogun state that child may ve been a good ritual material or to have aborted the child.

If u know someone contemplating abortion, do your part to save that unborn child by discouraging the mother from aborting that child. Any help u can render to prevent abortion pls do it as God the creator of life which is sacred wud bless u.

I recall doing my NYSC in an area where unwed teens becoming pregnant was common somewhere up north as d congi level of d people there was so high but I feel proud I offered helping a teenage help to prevent abortion due to d stigma and shame. Afterall the people mocking her were not virgins and have had pre-marital and extra-marital sex as nobody holy pass. Now she is grateful to ve kept d baby. Looking at child radiates joy that has overtaken the shame and sadness of the past. Life is precious. Let’s safeguard it.
what is this Igbo head saying, why you carry afonja matter put for head like cap: f**lishness like kanu

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by maverickdude(m): 8:48am On Oct 22, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Look at this one,what has Afonja got to do with this? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by shedy03(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2017
ashjay001:

Its normal to find northern xtians using hijab!? Esp those from villages, seems to come with d territory.
I don't think so.
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by ashjay001(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2017
shedy03:

I don't think so.

U dont kini? I stay in abj, presently n av lived in some northern states. I av cause to relate regularly with a lot of native folks, a lot of hijab users bear xtian names n some xtians even bear muslim names too!?

Though, a lot of them dont have any concrete reason on why dey do. I'm guessing sharia n culture.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Fxwarrior: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2017
kay29000:
She didn't sell her baby...she was probably going to throw the baby in the gutter if that woman hadn't come along...the 10k was really just a gift.

Lol. Go and price baby at motherless babies home; a girl sells at 500-800k while boy sells at 800-1 million plus. Its a good business.

10k is groundnut money.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by mekyno777(m): 9:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Lol. Go and price baby at motherless babies home; a girl sells at 500-800k while boy sells at 800-1 million plus. Its a good business.

10k is groundnut money.
Seriously!
sori to ask, so they SELL babies there? I thought u Adopt one legally by filling forms, payin a token, taking care of the child and the baby is checked periodically by the authority involved.
May God hv mercy on Nigeria if so
Re: Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) by Fxwarrior: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2017
mekyno777:

Seriously!
sori to ask, so they SELL babies there? I thought u Adopt one legally by filling forms, payin a token, taking care of the child and the baby is checked periodically by the authority involved.
May God hv mercy on Nigeria if so

Lol. Dude that the token na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Travel Agent Nabbed After Scamming 22 Students Of N1.2m / Insecurity: Terror Attacks May Start Another War In Nigeria – OPC / Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.