Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! (594 Views)

Choice Xp Logistics Company is fraudulent and wicked / Cheap Airtel Data Plan.. 11GB = #2500 / How To Subscribe To Airtel #200 For 1GB Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! by Chaflyje(m): 12:31am On Oct 22, 2017
Oh yes it is! And I called them already to let them know I will be doing this for the next 5days.

And honestly, I will just like to know if anyone has this same issue I am about to highlight. Maybe it’s just me, but I doubt.

So I subscribe to the Premuim data plan (that 19800 own ooooh) and the policy on this ‘Premium plan’ is that after one exhausts 80GB in a month, internet speed is throttled down to 512Kbps from what’s ever it was before.

So I know and signed up for this, right?

Now last month, on exhausting my 80GB usage point. I wiped the data counter on my modem (and by the way, it’s the new modem they just started selling) paid another 19800 (no be say the money easy like that, but I need my internet to be smooth). Just this morning, I just noticed my IG videos stop playing seamlessly, YouTube takes an age to load, Netflix loads for like 30min and then plays for like 3min.

Need I say at this point that my data counter on my modem reads 63GB. So I just assume it’s some downtime that will be fixed in no time. So I didn’t fret per se.

Fast forward all day to this night and I was still in the same buffering circle. So I decided to call, in my mind so that someone will officially tell me they have downtime and maybe apologize and promise that I will be up and running in no time.

I was kidding myself.

The ‘customer care’ agent that picked (she sounded like she was in her kitchen) asked for my username and told me I had exhausted 80GB and that my speed is now at 512kbps.

Hian! You say wetin

That’s when all the queens in me resurrected, and then she went in about how my counter is wrong and am like, how ? And if it is, whose fault is that, mine ?
And the clueless ‘customer care’ agent (they are all clueless, trust me) said she really can’t answer to that, yadi yadi yah.

Long story short she can’t help me!

Gbese !!!

So while am on a mission to call out smile all weekend (I can even work this weekend now) I will like to know if anyone has experienced this, or this is just an isolated case and something is prolly wrong somewhere.

But before then as far as I am concerned, smile NG is fraudulent.

It’s actually and economic crime, I should tweet at EFCC, abi ?
Re: Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 22, 2017
Chaflyje:
Oh yes it is! And I called them already to let them know I will be doing this for the next 5days.

And honestly, I will just like to know if anyone has this same issue I am about to highlight. Maybe it’s just me, but I doubt.

So I subscribe to the Premuim data plan (that 19800 own ooooh) and the policy on this ‘Premium plan’ is that after one exhausts 80GB in a month, internet speed is throttled down to 512Kbps from what’s ever it was before.

So I know and signed up for this, right?

Now last month, on exhausting my 80GB usage point. I wiped the data counter on my modem (and by the way, it’s the new modem they just started selling) paid another 19800 (no be say the money easy like that, but I need my internet to be smooth). Just this morning, I just noticed my IG videos stop playing seamlessly, YouTube takes an age to load, Netflix loads for like 30min and then plays for like 3min.

Need I say at this point that my data counter on my modem reads 63GB. So I just assume it’s some downtime that will be fixed in no time. So I didn’t fret per se.

Fast forward all day to this night and I was still in the same buffering circle. So I decided to call, in my mind so that someone will officially tell me they have downtime and maybe apologize and promise that I will be up and running in no time.

I was kidding myself.

The ‘customer care’ agent that picked (she sounded like she was in her kitchen) asked for my username and told me I had exhausted 80GB and that my speed is now at 512kbps.

Hian! You say wetin

That’s when all the queens in me resurrected, and then she went in about how my counter is wrong and am like, how ? And if it is, whose fault is that, mine ?
And the clueless ‘customer care’ agent (they are all clueless, trust me) said she really can’t answer to that, yadi yadi yah.

Long story short she can’t help me!

Gbese !!!

So while am on a mission to call out smile all weekend (I can even work this weekend now) I will like to know if anyone has experienced this, or this is just an isolated case and something is prolly wrong somewhere.

But before then as far as I am concerned, smile NG is fraudulent.

It’s actually and economic crime, I should tweet at EFCC, abi ?

It is not an economic crime. Tweet at NCC instead. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Same thing they did to me on the 30GB and free night browsing plan.

Didn't know the night browsing was deducting my MB.

And I call them beforehand to ask if the plan I am on offers free night browsing o, and they said yes.

Bunch of thieves.

Thier mifi is chilling in the trash now tho.
Re: Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! by tahir01(m): 7:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Psychodavidovic:
Same thing they did to me on the 30GB and free night browsing plan.

Didn't know the night browsing was deducting my MB.

And I call them beforehand to ask if the plan I am on offers free night browsing o, and they said yes.

Bunch of thieves.

Thier mifi is chilling in the trash now tho.
Morning Sir, If you wouldn't mind, I really do need it. Thanks as u take my request into consideration. looking forward to hearing from U.

1 Like

Re: Smile’s Premium Data Plan Is Fraudulent! by Proffdada: 8:06am On Oct 22, 2017
SMILE and say THIEVES grin

(1) (Reply)

Injoo F5 Tab For Urgent Scrap Sale / E-currency Buyers Needed. / Samsung Galaxy S7 For Sale... SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.