Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Speaking In Tongues. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues. (816 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues. by YungJo207(m): 8:05am On Oct 22, 2017
Act 2:1-13 talks about how the holy Spirit came upon the apostle and they speak in other tongues
Parthians,medes,elamites,Mesopotamia,Judea, Cappadocia,pontus and Asia
Phrygia and pamphylia in Egypt and in parts of Libya about Cyrene and strangers of Rome,Jews and proselytes.
Cretes and Arabians and they hear them speak in their tongues the wonderful work of God.

Now my question is this if the holy Spirit fill the apostle and they spoke in tongues people understood and were amazed which means when the hold Spirit is unop someone it speak in a language some where in the world right? At least from the understanding of this scripture.

Now what our pastor's speak this days what do we call that, pls if someone can explain better would be nice.
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Freetech: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2017
There are lots of confusion about this and there are even report people learning this.

The right way is to speak in tongues as an evidence of receiving Holy Spirit by default.

Since you don't understand all the languages of the world, it is difficult for anyone to determine whether the languages is a real language of a country of the world.

Finally,there is also Bible evidence that the language may be heavenly and not earthly. During Pentecost there was need to speak d languages of ppl around in order to hear the gospel for the first time.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 22, 2017
I speak in tongue to discharge those accumulated stuff after seeing those things you are not allowed to touch physically during service
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by zulex880: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2017
There's nothing like "in tongues" or stuff, when you are saying something not understandable you are saying poo
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by zulex880: 8:29am On Oct 22, 2017
sad
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by tstx(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2017
Speaking in tongues na scam
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2017
tstx:
Speaking in tongues na scam
tank u ma broda
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2017
Jesus did not speak in tongues while performing any miracle

So I sense a foul play
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
Jesus did not speak in tongues while performing any miracle

So I sense a foul play
he literally somewhat did @ the tomb to raise Lazarus

.....he groaned....
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2017
YungJo207:
Act 2:1-13 talks about how the holy Spirit came upon the apostle and they speak in other tongues
Parthians,medes,elamites,Mesopotamia,Judea, Cappadocia,pontus and Asia
Phrygia and pamphylia in Egypt and in parts of Libya about Cyrene and strangers of Rome,Jews and proselytes.
Cretes and Arabians and they hear them speak in their tongues the wonderful work of God.

Now my question is this if the holy Spirit fill the apostle and they spoke in tongues people understood and were amazed which means when the hold Spirit is unop someone it speak in a language some where in the world right? At least from the understanding of this scripture.

Now what our pastor's speak this days what do we call that, pls if someone can explain better would be nice.
According to a book by Kenneth Hagin, there are two main types of Praying in The Holy Ghost
1. Praying in one's native Language (Acts 2:1-13 as u said)
2. Praying in an unknown tongue (1 Cor 14:2)

Go and attend Dunamis foundation class four and u will have no contradiction for praying in tongues
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
This topic is exactly what I learnt today in foundation class

We have God( the Father, son and Holy spirit)
in the old testament, God the father was in manifestation, that was why he appeared to some of the prophets via fire, appearance, voice, etc

remember the holy ghost was prophesied to come by Joel 2:28

in the new testament gospel, God the son was in manifestation, the apostles had him so, u didn't hear any of them spoke in tongue becus dey have God in person with them, ........
when Jesus was about to die, he promised that he will send the holy ghost to the believers, that is God the holy ghost to live in our hearts, so since Jesus is not with us again, his father sent the holy ghost,
the holy ghost helps us to pray

u can't pray in English for maybe .more than 30 minutes, ur vocabulary b exhausted, u have to shift to the holy ghost frequency and "kabash", when the holy ghost take over, u can pray for more than 2hrs nonstop.
u begin to feel God's presence when u go deep into it.....
I can't write again but try search for preachings on that context and listen to or attend a dunamis church foundation class.

thank me later
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:
he literally somewhat did @ the tomb to raise Lazarus

.....he groaned....
do you know how stupid and pathetic that sounds

Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
do you know how stupid and pathetic that sounds
he don't even have to speak in tongue bcus he's God in himself

we have to speak in d tongues as Christians becus we are in the era of the holy ghost
when Jesus wanted to die, he said he will send us d spirit and it resides in us, thesame spirit helps us in our to pray and dats y we speak in tongues

jakwalarmeloshakatarr
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:
he don't even have to speak in tongue bcus he's God in himself

we have to speak in d tongues as Christians becus we are in the era of the holy ghost
when Jesus wanted to die, he said he will send us d spirit and it resides in us, thesame spirit helps us in our to pray and dats y we speak in tongues

jakwalarmeloshakatarr
first he literally spoke in tongue
Now he doesn't have to because his God

See how you are shooting yourself
But if you can bring a Bibical verse that jesus said I am God worship me or where he prayed to himself or he perform a miracle without praying to God first

Then I will give my life soul body family all I have to christ
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
first he literally spoke in tongue
Now he doesn't have to because his God

See how you are shooting yourself
But if you can bring a Bibical verse that jesus said I am God worship me or where he prayed to himself or he perform a miracle without praying to God first

Then I will give my life soul body family all I have to christ
ohhh! excuse Me, u don't believe the trinity are one?
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:
ohhh! excuse Me, u don't believe the trinity are one?
I take dat as d verses don't exist
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
I take dat as d verses don't exist
I won't even say anything to you again, Christian believe isn't by force
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:
I won't even say anything to you again, Christian believe isn't by force
you can't say anything because you are bursted

Likewise muslims belive too so that not a piont
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
you can't say anything because you are bursted

Likewise muslims belive too so that not a piont
have u ever came to a part if d bible were the disciples asked to see God the father and Jesus told them that if you see him (Jesus) you have already seen God the father??
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:

have u ever came to a part if d bible were the disciples asked to see God the father and Jesus told them that if you see him (Jesus) you have already seen God the father??
hw can A be B

D writers of bible Make use idoms so. Dat still not a point
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
hw can A be B

D writers of bible Make use idoms so. Dat still not a point
it was written by inspiration of God.

Can u pls tell me d meaning of the said 'acclaimed idiom' of urs
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
onuhabel1:
it was written by inspiration of God.

Can u pls tell me d meaning of the said 'acclaimed idiom' of urs
an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of its constituent elements, as kick the bucket or hang one's head, or from the general grammatical rules of a language, as the table round for the round table, and that is not a constituent of a larger
expression of like characteristics.
a language, dialect, or style of speaking peculiar to a people. eg metaphors hyperbole similie personification
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2017
Waiting......................
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
UmarIbnShittu:
an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of its constituent elements, as kick the bucket or hang one's head, or from the general grammatical rules of a language, as the table round for the round table, and that is not a constituent of a larger
expression of like characteristics.
a language, dialect, or style of speaking peculiar to a people. eg metaphors hyperbole similie personification
being a Christian is a choice
Re: Speaking In Tongues. by UmarIbnShittu(m): 5:51am On Oct 24, 2017
Being muslim comes from the heart bcoz in Islam all actions are judged by intentions

(1) (Reply)

Man Vomits Needles In Church / 16 Warning Signs You're Dealing With An Evil Person / Blasphemy On Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.