Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties (748 Views)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / US Denies Blocking Fg’s Purchase Of War Aircraft / Fashola Condemns Blocking Of Major Roads During Dame Patience's Visit To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2010
Closure of roads for ceremonies banned, tenement rates approved
From Ifedayo Sayo, Ado-Ekiti

EKITI State Government has banned the closure of roads for ceremonies in the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/14/22.html

Making this known in a statement, yesterday, the State Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Mr. Taiwo Olatunbosun, said the State Executive Council took the decision at its meeting, during the week, based on the fact that blockage of roads for festivities and rallies, as well as obstruction of highways by agents of commercial drivers' associations had become rampant.

It noted that the ugly trend was a serious impediment to free flow of traffic, resulting in obstruction of normal business activities.

Olatunbosun explained that the executive council decided to enforce the State Road Closure Prohibition Law to protect the right of both motorists and commuters to unhindered access to roads in the state, adding that the gesture would also reduce accident rates and the concentration of carbon monoxide from exhaust pipes of vehicles in the traffic jams.

Citing section 2 subsection 1 of the Ekiti State Road Closure Prohibition Edict No. 1 of 1997, which had become a law, the Information Commissioner said: "Any person who contravenes the provisions of this Edict shall be liable, upon conviction, to a fine of N10,000 or one year imprisonment for first offence, and to a fine of N20,000 or 24 months imprisonment, for each subsequent offence, and shall on each occasion, have such properties used for the closure of the road forfeited to the State Government."

The Commissioner warned that government has directed relevant authorities to enforce the provisions of the said law and appealed to all stakeholders not to run foul of the law, as there would be no sacred cows in its enforcement.

The government spokesman said the state executive council also approved the administration of tenement rates in the state.

According to Olatunbosun, government relied on the report of the committee on Property Valuation for Administration of Tenement Rates in the state, in November, 2009, to determine the revenue potentials for tenement rates and fashion out recommendations for a smooth and effective administration of the rates in the state.

He said a valuation list had been prepared, in order to assess rateable values, adding that the assessment and collection of the rates would be done in conjunction with the sixteen local governments in the state.

Olatunbosun, who noted that the classification of towns and villages was based on local government areas and their economic viability, said a Memorandum of Understanding would be executed between the state and the local governments towards ensuring an effective implementation of the assessment, collection and general administration of the tenement rate.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2010
When are they going to do the same in Ogun and Ondo states?
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2010
all the south-west states need the same laws
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by naijamini(m): 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2010
This practice has been banned over and over again in one state after another. That ban holds until it involves a big man, say a governor's friend, the DPO's friend, etc

MrPrsdent:

all the south-west states need the same laws
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by oderemo(m): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2010
When are they going to do the same in Ogun and Ondo states?
@alloy and his ilks that like to stoke the flame of tribal flame on n.l , can you  continue your good work. if it makes you guys happy. well done my friends.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2010
ode remo:

@alloy and his ilks that like to stoke the flame of tribal flame on n.l , can you  continue your good work. if it makes you guys happy. well done my friends.

tribal wars grin how does posting this good news equate to war-mongering? grin
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 1:13am On Mar 15, 2010
MrPrsdent:

tribal wars grin how does posting this good news equate to war-mongering? grin

Ask him o.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 15, 2010
My Lovable state is making progress. . . . if Gov. Oni continues like this, I might just start liking him.

I just wish that more of our abroad professors come back home to help improve the state sad
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

My Lovable state is making progress. . . . if Gov. Oni continues like this, I might just start liking him.

I just wish that more of our abroad professors come back home to help improve the state sad

You are loving Oni?. Just don't fly there in a helicopter.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

You are loving Oni?. Just don't fly there in a helicopter.
LOL Didnt he ban helicopters for the election only? Because of Fashola?
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 6:00am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

LOL Didnt he ban helicopters for the election only? Because of Fashola?

he banned every flying object across Ekiti air space even if na pigeon. Homeboy is afraid of air assassins. grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

he banned every flying object across Ekiti air space even if na pigeon. Homeboy is afraid of air assassins. grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin na lie. Even birds still dey fly. You never know US might come to use Ekiti as Military base sad
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 6:10am On Mar 15, 2010
lolz

this law is only applicable to some people

doesnt include me!!
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 15, 2010
^^^ omo oba, ye!!!!
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 6:18am On Mar 15, 2010
abi

the whole of ekiti will close down for my parties!!
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 15, 2010
lol Town ekiti wo lo ti wa?
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 6:22am On Mar 15, 2010
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

u see na

wen i announce that one

i will get no less than 70 fone calls tonite

lemme keep that one to myself for na

till we meet!!!
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 15, 2010
lol ehrrrm are ppl watching you?
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 6:28am On Mar 15, 2010
kai

some monkey keeos postin my foto all ova nl

i can only make it worst by tellin people where im from!

there are many scammers esp on nl

its always gd to keep a certain level of privacy!
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 15, 2010
I understand, ma dear wink
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by AloyEmeka5: 11:12am On Mar 15, 2010
FL Gators:

grin grin grin grin na lie. Even birds still dey fly. You never know US might come to use Ekiti as Military base sad

Birds ke?. As at yesterday, he banned all identified and unidentified flying objects including butterflies. Children can't even fly their kites again because Oni is paranoid.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 2:20am On Mar 17, 2010
fl inbox me
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Mar 17, 2010
That is long over due.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 17, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Birds ke?. As at yesterday, he banned all identified and unidentified flying objects including butterflies. Children can't even fly their kites again because Oni is paranoid.
Aloy.Emeka, stop with this exaggeration angry grin

ayettymama:

fl inbox me

Sure, gimme your ID
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by bawomolo(m): 5:50am On Mar 17, 2010
ekiti people blocking road?

those bush people can't afford hall he he.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 17, 2010
^^^ tehehehe No comment grin
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by ayettymama(f): 2:41am On Mar 20, 2010
:p
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Nobody: 2:43am On Mar 20, 2010
Got it ma dear
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by chic2pimp(m): 3:10am On Mar 20, 2010
Ekiti Wayo grin
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by r231(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^^^hmmmm
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Chykason(m): 9:39am On Mar 20, 2010
EKITI: The fountain of nonsense
baby state from ondo
i served there.
I got to know that there is almost a professor per family but yet first-class poor houses litter everywhere.
The only good road there is d Ado-Iworoko Rd.
Look at what happened in Ido Osi during that election: CHARADE

Ekiti people should do something about that their UNAD.
Exam Malpractice at its highest! Honestly what do you expect when they're short-staffed? Majority of their lecturers are average 30
Corp members r allowed to handle undergraduate courses, even final year courses. Corp members are paid peanuts, so don't blame them if they take advantage.
Another problem in that UNAD is selling of handouts. Imagine, the HOD I served made his course a pre-requisite so that he'll sell of his textbooks.
The textbooks are printed at =N=97 per 1(i got to know this from d masters student assisting him), but he's selling them at =N=800.

WHAT A SHAME!!!

Ekiti people rise up against these corruption wearing away your land!!!

N.B.
EKITI nairaland people, don't criticize me for calling you fountain of nonsense. It's you guys that i first heard d word "fountain of nonsense from during UNAD problems(may 7 2009) and Oni's election rigging period.
Re: Ekiti Bans Blocking Of Streets For Parties by Chykason(m): 9:40am On Mar 20, 2010
EKITI: The fountain of nonsense
baby state from ondo
i served there.
I got to know that there is almost a professor per family but yet first-class poor houses litter everywhere.
The only good road there is d Ado-Iworoko Rd.
Look at what happened in Ido Osi during that election: CHARADE

Ekiti people should do something about that their UNAD.
Exam Malpractice at its highest! Honestly what do you expect when they're short-staffed? Majority of their lecturers are average 30
Corp members r allowed to handle undergraduate courses, even final year courses. Corp members are paid peanuts, so don't blame them if they take advantage.
Another problem in that UNAD is selling of handouts. Imagine, the HOD I served made his course a pre-requisite so that he'll sell of his textbooks.
The textbooks are printed at =N=97 per 1(i got to know this from d masters student assisting him), but he's selling them at =N=800.

WHAT A SHAME!!!

Ekiti people rise up against these corruption wearing away your land!!!

N.B.
EKITI nairaland people, don't criticize me for calling you fountain of nonsense. It's you guys that i first heard d word "fountain of nonsense from during UNAD problems(may 7 2009) and Oni's election rigging period.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: Federal Government Officials To Stop Funding Medical Treatment Abroad / What Would Change About U 2day If U Knew U Would Be President 2moro? / Nigerian Politician Caught With A Stomach Full Of Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.