Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,493 members, 7,865,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge (2234 Views)

New Photos From Second Niger Bridge Construction / Fact-checking Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s Claims During #debate2019 / Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
drnoel:

Error in speech? U really are a hypocrite. Has he so far corrected this error in speech? Has he given a contrary view and begged not to be misunderstood? Does he not have handlers, advisers? Hypocrisy does beget some people really.
When the issue was reported few days ago, I pointed out that it was simply an error in speech which would certainly be clarified after the backlash of his goof gets to his ears. Just like I said, the issue has now been clarified, he meant N2bn not $2bn; and that should have been common sense for any discerning mind especially when you consider that the entire bridge project itself is roughly just $300million.

You are obviously ignorant of the meaning of the word 'hypocrisy' which you spew about; people just learn a new word and throw it about without having a clue what it means.
Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by Presidiotbuhari: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
All afonja pastors are liers & fraudstars. I pity Igbos who still attend their churches.
Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by drnoel: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
obailala:
When the issue was reported few days ago, I pointed out that it was simply an error in speech which would certainly be clarified after the backlash of his goof gets to his ears. Just like I said, the issue has now been clarified, he meant N2bn not $2bn; and that should have been common sense for any discerning mind especially when you consider that the entire bridge project itself is roughly just $300million.

You are obviously ignorant of the meaning of the word 'hypocrisy' which you spew about; people just learn a new word and throw it about without having a clue what it means.

Oh, then I stand corrected. Didn't get the reportage on the change in price. If u have link please post it lets all learn from it. Thanx
Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
drnoel:

Oh, then I stand corrected. Didn't get the reportage on the change in price. If u have link please post it lets all learn from it. Thanx
Haba.. This issue was clarified almost immediately, midnight of same day if I remember. Surprised you didnt see it.
https://twitter.com/profosinbajo?lang=en
https://twitter.com/AsoRock?lang=en

Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by Thandiubani(m): 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
obailala:
Haba.. This issue was clarified almost immediately, midnight of same day if I remember. Surprised you didnt see it.
https://twitter.com/profosinbajo?lang=en
https://twitter.com/AsoRock?lang=en

I do not know why some people want to masturbate themselves to death on this post. Osinbajo goofed and I did the right thing to set the records straight. Even if he apologised in two or three lines as I saw in the tweet (which didn't even come from him), it is still the duty of journalists to inform the public.

obailala, do you know how many millions of people his false, deceptive and politically-skewed statement deceived? Did he do the needful by using such medium as the one he used to publicise his false information to apologise for his epic gaffe? Cut me some slack boy, stop ventilating on my post and learn how to hold political office holders accountable by presenting issues the way it should be even if you are being paid to lie to yourself. Osinbajo's speech was a political statement meant to persuade voters to vote for a party that is filled with liars who are not even pricked by their own shameful conduct.

Some ruminants have gone to market to publicize the amount as yet another achievement of the APC, heaping praises on Osinbajo while relying on a false figure. One was here shouting like a sick giraffe.

For the avoidance of doubt, Osinbajo didn't clarify the issue almost immediately, and neither did he do it 'midnight of the same day as you claimed'. Stop the lies! It is really lame of you to try to play down this incident without considering the damage it has done to the gullible set that have been misinformed by Osinbajo.

Just go and sleep, obailala.
Re: Fact Check: Osinbajo Claims $2 Billion Paid For Second Niger Bridge by obailala(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thandiubani:

I do not know why some people want to masturbate themselves to death on this post. Osinbajo goofed and I did the right thing to set the records straight. Even if he apologised in two or three lines as I saw in the tweet (which didn't even come from him), it is still the duty of journalists to inform the public.

obailala, do you know how many millions of people his false, deceptive and politically-skewed statement deceived? Did he do the needful by using such medium as the one he used to publicise his false information to apologise for his epic gaffe? Cut me some slack boy, stop ventilating on my post and learn how to hold political office holders accountable by presenting issues the way it should be even if you are being paid to lie to yourself. Osinbajo's speech was a political statement meant to persuade voters to vote for a party that is filled with liars who are not even pricked by their own shameful conduct.

Some ruminants have gone to market to publicize the amount as yet another achievement of the APC, heaping praises on Osinbajo while relying on a false figure. One was here shouting like a sick giraffe.

For the avoidance of doubt, Osinbajo didn't clarify the issue almost immediately, and neither did he do it 'midnight of the same day as you claimed'. Stop the lies! It is really lame of you to try to play down this incident without considering the damage it has done to the gullible set that have been misinformed by Osinbajo.

Just go and sleep, obailala.
Well, like I said before, Osinbajo goofed in the statement no doubt, and everyone has the right to cut their pound of flesh. But yeah, the clarification tweet was sent out less than 12hours later (specifically the tweet was made by 3am on Saturday 21st morning just after the event), the tweet was from the handle of the presidency, and Osinbajo himself retweeted it for clarity - there is no lie in what I said above, you can easily go check it yourself instead of labelling me a liar....

The reason I commented on this thread is because I couldn't understand the rationale behind you creating this thread trying to 'prove' that the statement was false even when it was already all over the news and media that the error had been admitted and clarified.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Kain Wahala Be This Na? / How Phone-triggered Gas Explosion Killed Top Osun Director(pics) / Call Okorocha To Order Now – Archbishop Chukwuma Tells Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.