Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari (684 Views)

'Sabiu Yusuf's Fat Bank Accounts: Buhari Is Aware' By Farooq Kperogi / Lockdown: PDP Says Buhari’s Speech Was Disappointing / Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by ivandragon: 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Opposition aware of my achievement, says Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari , on Saturday , said his administration had degraded the Boko Haram sect to the point that even “ the opposition party ” recognised that there was a considerable improvement of security in the North - East under his leadership .

He did not name the political party he was referring to but the Peoples Democratic Party is believed to be the major opposition party in the country .

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu, the President spoke during a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi of Pakistan , on the margins of the ninth D - 8 summit in Istanbul , Turkey .

Buhari was said to have told the Pakistani Prime Minister that Boko Haram terrorist group remained degraded .
He said , “ We have moved them out from their strongholds in the North East, we have denied them space and even their attacks on soft targets are becoming less often .
“ Even the opposition (party ) recognises that there is a considerable improvement of security in the North - East.”

The President said the Nigeria - Pakistan Joint Commission would be revamped as a veritable platform to strengthen economic and trade relations between both countries.

Buhari , who expressed satisfaction at the level of defence and military cooperation between both countries, however , agreed with the Prime Minister that there was still room to do more .

He regretted that same could not be said on the economic and trade fronts , which he said had fallen far short of what could be achieved by both countries.

“ Nigeria - Pakistan cooperation is very historical. Military training has been very consistent and I am impressed with the efficiency of officers trained in Pakistan .
“ But the performance of our countries in relation to trade and industrial cooperation had been very disappointing,” Buhari said .

In his remarks , Abbasi said both countries had similar prospects and challenges, including large population, key regional players in economy and security ; the fight against terrorism , improving governance and the domestic economy .

He said Pakistan would continue to share experiences with Nigeria in the fight against terrorism towards developing effective strategies and results.

Meanwhile , Buhari has urged African leaders to speak “ with one voice ” independent of foreign influence.
He said this was necessary to achieve economic integration , development, peace , and security on the continent.

Buhari , according to a statement on Saturday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu, stated this at a bilateral meeting with President Alpha Conde of Guinea on Friday night in Istanbul , Turkey .
He said , “ African leaders should learn from history. They should effectively tackle conflicts , violent extremism , and proliferation of small arms and light weapons .”

The statement added that the two Presidents , who met on the margins of the ninth D 8 Summit in Istanbul , exchanged views on bilateral relations as well as regional and international issues of mutual interest .

Buhari assured his Guinean counterpart, who is also the current chairman of the African Union , that Nigeria would continue to strengthen its engagement with all AU member states to address the current security challenges in restive areas such as South Sudan and Libya, and the political crisis in Togo .

Conde praised Nigeria ’s leadership on the continent, particularly Buhari ’s great job on anti - corruption and his strong voice on African issues at the international stage .

http://punchng.com/opposition-aware-of-my-achievement-says-buhari/
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by biacan(f): 2:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
Which achievement........the missing funds or the killing of unarmed protesters, maybe the massive looting by saraki......oh now I remember the recent borrowed funds that the unborn generations will be paying....... yes indeed bubu we've seen your achievements

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by blakid(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
Achievement in what area if I may ask @ Mr Buhari
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by GeeString: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
You ordered your boys to stand down and you call it "improvement"?

What about the Naira-dollar rate, cost of foodstuffs, fuel price hike, unemployment, corruption, education, state of our medical facilities, our looted $26bn by yourself, power supply, military intimidation, free speech restrictions, witch hunts, suppressed journalism etc.

All these are promises made by you during your campaign which have not been fullfilled and will never be.

I suggest you increase your gworo and burukutu consumption so you can die soon and leave innocent Nigerians in peace.

Empty skull.

To wound you just dey hungry me.

2 Likes

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by ayourbamie: 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Of course, they are very aware that you have achieved nothing. And that's something too. Mr. President of nobody
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by ivandragon: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
PMB needs to get a couple of things straight...

1. BH were already on the back foot when he came in;

2. Due to BH's expansion into countries that where hitherto 'tolerant' of their activities, more military might was brought to bear on them;

3. one of the cardinal objectives of BH was to have a Muslim president, preferably someone from the core north, that they have, so BH is less attractive to potential recruits who feel that the north is now in control;

4. leaders of the region who allowed the crisis fester so that they could use it to oust the previous government are now more vocal in the condemnation of the sect & are doing more to combat the vile teachings of BH...

PMB has tried on BH, no doubt, but he should know that other factors combined to make it easier to achieve what he has so far...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
Just the imaginary achievement this government have been hallucinating about since their ascension to power.Perhaps it may be the corruption that APC have magnified beyond proportion.
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
They know that is why they're wailing

1 Like

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by dannytoe(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
Buhari, buratai, Apc, restructuring all =SCAM

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by ChangetheChange: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
Buhari is confused mad man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by clevvermind(m): 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
SIR, YOU CAN'T SCAM NIGERIANS AGAIN. 2019 WILL MARK YOUR END AS PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by shallysgirl: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Don't mind him. Achievements wey no get names or locations.smh.dem don turn us to mumu for this country embarassed
blakid:
Achievement in what area if I may ask @ Mr Buhari
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
Deployment of military to kill unarmed civilians,compensation of fulani herdsmen for killing innocent Nigerians,secret trial for bokoharam members, killing Nigerians through hunger and starvation induced by your foolish policies, becoming lame while your fulani brothers are maim Nigerians and destroy their farmlands, indebting the country further with heavy borrowings while the alleged loots recovered goes into a voice mail, granting immunity to your gang members while opposition tried and prosecuted on the media, embarking on reckless luxury foreign trips with no impact on our economy, spending billions on Aso Clinic but receiving treatments for a mere headache overseas, northernization of government MDAs,lawlessnes of the highest order in a democratic system, spewing of devisive and careless statements, and above all lazying around for 2 good years without any tangible thing on ground after forcing yourself to become our president.such a disaster!
Sir, anybody who is not aware of your tsunamic achievements can overthrow APC in the art of deceit.

1 Like

Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by blakid(m): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
shallysgirl:
Don't mind him. Achievements wey no get names or locations.smh.dem don turn us to mumu for this country embarassed
I dy tell you..They are just taking every citizen of this country for a fool...
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
grin jubril has gone mad cheesy
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by aolawale025: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
So he thinks he has any achievements. It would have been funny if it were not so tragic. Nothing this government does shocks people anymore
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by SalamRushdie: 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
ivandragon:
PMB needs to get a couple of things straight...

1. BH were already on the back foot when he came in;

2. Due to BH's expansion into countries that where hitherto 'tolerant' of their activities, more military might was brought to bear on them;

3. one of the cardinal objectives of BH was to have a Muslim president, preferably someone from the core north, that they have, so BH is less attractive to potential recruits who feel that the north is now in control;

4. leaders of the region who allowed the crisis fester so that they could use it to oust the previous government are now more vocal in the condemnation of the sect & are doing more to combat the vile teachings of BH...

PMB has tried on BH, no doubt, but he should know that other factors combined to make it easier to achieve what he has so far...

You forgot to add that our Muslim military commanders no longer deliberately sabotage operations or refuse to fight because they were brainwashed to think it was wrong and Haram to fight against a Jihad under a christian commander in chief
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
Bubu needs brain transplant asap
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
cool
Re: Opposition Aware Of My Achievement, Says Buhari by Atiku2019: 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Opposition are aware of your Incompetence

(1) (Reply)

IPOB need less than 15% voters turnout to claim victory in Anambra Gov Election / Photo: What Crime Did This One Commit? Overloading? No Particulars? / Who Is Honorable Tony Nwoye, M.D?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.