Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

I Have A Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have A Question (694 Views)

A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Question by VivaLaFrans: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Re: I Have A Question by greatnaija01: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
orphans and homeless is not the church's duty... ITS EVERYONE'S DUTY. That is what the bible says even in the book of James 1

Its is everyone's responsibility NOT only the CHURCH.. pls get that now!!!!
Re: I Have A Question by VivaLaFrans: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
greatnaija01:
orphans and homeless is not the church's duty... ITS EVERYONE'S DUTY. That is what the bible says even in the book of James 1

Its is everyone's responsibility NOT only the CHURCH.. pls get that now!!!!
Re: I Have A Question by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
VivaLaFrans:
If Tithe and offering are used to pay ministers and temple keepers, what about the orphans and homeless?
Tithe and offerings are used for general administration of the church that include taking care of orphans and homeless when the need arise. Every church have a way of administering the fund from tithes and offerings
Re: I Have A Question by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
VivaLaFrans:
But is it possible to bless the orphans and homeless with my tithe and ask them to pray for me?
No that's seed not tithe.
Re: I Have A Question by Lex11(m): 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
One shouldn't have to pay to be prayed for. You can give your tithe/alms ("something (such as money or food) given freely to relieve the poor distributing alms to the needy" ) ... to anyone in need, especially the poor, widows, and orphans. Your pastor and/or anyone who is godly and cares for your soul should pray for you for free!

---

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.
’ - Matthew 25:37-41
Re: I Have A Question by greatnaija01: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
pls o dont innovate the WORD OF GOD. do it as it should be biblically. giving to them is not TITHE.... its alms or welfare

VivaLaFrans:
But is it possible to bless the orphans and homeless with my tithe and ask them to pray for me?

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question by Saverin: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
VivaLaFrans:

pls bless them with your tithe. Don't give it to these business centers called churches. They need that help the most.

The lord God will reward you.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Question by VivaLaFrans: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Tithe and offerings are used for general administration of the church that include taking care of orphans and homeless when the need arise. Every church have a way of administering the fund from tithes and offerings
K
Re: I Have A Question by VivaLaFrans: 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Lex11:
One shouldn't have to pay to be prayed for. You can give your tithe/alms ("something (such as money or food) given freely to relieve the poor distributing alms to the needy" ) ... to anyone in need, especially the poor, widows, and orphans. Your pastor and/or anyone who is godly and cares for your soul should pray for you for free!

---

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.
’ - Matthew 25:37-41

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrisy Of The Christian God And His Foot Soldiers (pastors,priest) / DK Olukoya's Speech On Tithing / What Is Your Church 2018 New Year Theme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.