Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot (764 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo / Bomb Shells Dropped By Festus Keyamo / Real Reasons Atiku Left APC -- Festus Keyamo Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Baawaa(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
FESTUS KEYAMO (SAN) SAID

"I am one of those who mounted a strong opposition against the misrule of the immediate past old order political system in Nigeria. I am one of those social activists, who fought to oust the PDP and its bad ruling system.

I am one of those who fought for the change of the political and governing statuscuo in Nigeria. And two years down the line, we can't start calling for change again, because their is not yet a better alternative. I say it with all sense of responsibility that there is not yet another political order we can say we want to push for to take over from this present one again.

So, calling for change around this time simply means we are saying PDP should come back. Calling for change right now means we are talking of going back to where we came from. Calling for the change of this new governing order means we are saying we should return to the culture of misrule of the past. What some people are saying is that it pays us to go back to that unacceptable place of the past, where executive recklessness; impunity; leadership visionlessness, indiscipline and irresponsibility; merciless looting of the resources of the people of Nigeria et cetra were the order of the day.

So, the only option available right now, in the absence of the third order political system, we can consider for power, to continue to engage this present one for better delivery of government services and improvements. We gave PDP the chance and enough time to improve, but the party messed everything up. We must give this APC government too time to prove it's worth.

We must give them time to improve, while we continue to mount pressure on those who are in charge to run Nigeria well.

How I wish there is a third power bloc order we can start thinking about to take over from this one. A strong political and ready order in a young vibrant and energetic young Nigerian. But, believe you me, there is none yet at the moment, so we just have to keep making do with this one. It is a lot better than where we were coming from as a nation. It is better than that crude and sorry state of our immediate past.

On this note, I shall continue to give this government that comparative support. That is, this one is still a lot better, compared to the last one.
#copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Coloradvantage(m): 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
yeah ! we can do better. keeping the government of the day on its toes is great! sure ... we need vibrant leadership! returning to the old other is no good!
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Prinzyy: 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
This charge and bail lawyer is a f******l

2 Likes

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by anibi9674: 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
the fear of tompolo.
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by HzRF(m): 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Who discharge this one from Aro?

We should continue with Abdul-recession?

Mount pressure on someone who rule base on 97%-5% basis

This guy should be return back to his cage

2 Likes

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by 7lives: 10:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
HzRF:
Who discharge this one from Aro?

We should continue with Abdul-recession?

Mount pressure on someone who rule base on 97%-5% basis

This guy should be return back to his cage

You better get used to having PMB as your president, he's going to be there till 2023 wether you like it or not.
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Caseless: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Brilliant!
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by HzRF(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
7lives:

You better get used to having PMB as your president, he's going to be there till 2023 wether you like it or not.

I don't know you are now part of those that decides our fate

2 Likes

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
grin jubril is satan cheesy

2 Likes

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by ashjay001(m): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
True talk!? Quite surprised pmb is going d gej way, so unfortunate.

U dont put ur hard earned integrity under any shadow of doubt!?
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by aolawale025: 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Reads like a press release from APC media

2 Likes

Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Paperwhite(m): 1:53am On Oct 23, 2017
[/b]"What some people are saying is that it pays us to go back to that unacceptable place of the past, where executive recklessness; impunity; leadership visionlessness, indiscipline and irresponsibility; merciless looting of the resources of the people of Nigeria et cetra were the order of the day."[b] This mumu charge & bail lawyer just ends up confusing /contradicting himself while grossly indicting the APC government of the foregoing because that is what Nigeria have turned into now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[video] IPOB Is An Ethnic Supremacist Organization - Kayode Ogundamisi / Forum of Northern PDP Chairmen Disown Agbo, Maibasira And Kabiru / Warning To Tribune Newspaper Et Al

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.