Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Ways To Prevent Your Laptop Battery From Damaging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ways To Prevent Your Laptop Battery From Damaging (885 Views)

How To Prevent Your Laptop Charger From Getting Burnt And Last Long: Se / How Optimise Your Laptop Battery 90% To Last For 5 To 6 Hours / SEE 6 SIGNS YOUR LAPTOP IS FAKE (CHINA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Prevent Your Laptop Battery From Damaging by PRINCEHPXP(m): 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
If you just bought your laptop or you have gotten yourself a replacement battery because your former battery does last much longer. I bet you must have noticed that your battery doesn’t last much longer if you have been using for quite some while unlike when you first bought it initially.

But by following these simple I will be helping you to improve your battery life gauge and the dreaded decay of performance as time goes on.

Don’t charge your smartphone at a computer

Do you know that Charging your phones via the USB port of your PC not only takes longer, it is also harmful and its Damaging laptop battery. Tensions of USB ports often vary and create greater heat generation. This has an effect on the service life of batteries.

Don’t Overcharge Your Battery

If you leave your Laptop’s battery plugged in all of the time, it won’t “overcharge.” When it gets to 100%, it will stop charging, and won’t charge again until the voltage falls below a certain level.

Don’t completely drain your battery

It’s advisable that you shouldn’t wait till your battery gets to 2% before you start looking for the charging socket. Be aware that if your battery discharges too deeply, it may cause damage and premature aging. So don’t shy away from charging the battery even if there’s another 30 or 50 percent charge left to prevent Damaging laptop battery.

Going on a vacation/leave?? Remove your Battery
You need to decide when it’s time to take your battery out, and when there just isn’t enough time to do so.
Another time to remove your battery is during a prolonged period when you won’t be using your laptop. If you’re not going to be using the laptop for a couple of weeks, or maybe you are planning to go on a family trip or you want to take some time off from work then I think this may be the right time to remove the laptop battery.

SOURCE
https://skyloaded.com/2017/10/22/damaging-laptop-battery-charging/
Re: Ways To Prevent Your Laptop Battery From Damaging by Ekeseges(f): 11:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Thanks very much

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Direct Uk Used Navy Blue Samsung Laptop With Webcam And HD Graphics / Help My Improve My Laptop / HOT!! Clean American Used Apple Macbooks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.