Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) (352 Views)

Do we Belief In Superstitious Omens as Muslims? / How Can One Achieve A True Belief In The Oneness Of Allah? / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) by Taqwaconcept(m): 5:25am On Oct 23, 2017
Abu Darda’ ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) accompanied Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) to propose for the hand of a girl from the tribe of Banu Laith, whom Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) intended to marry. Abu Darda’ ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) arrived at the house and highlighted the excellent qualities of Salman al-Farsi and his valuable contribution to Islam. He explained that Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) was interested in marrying their daughter.

They responded, “We will not marry Salman to our daughter but we are happy to marry her to you!”

Abu Darda’ ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) agreed and married the girl.

When he met Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) he explained, “I am too embarrassed to tell you what has happened.”

Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) insisted on being informed and Abu Darda’ (ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) explained to him what had transpired.

Salman al-Farsi ( ﺭﺿﻲ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ) responded, “I should be more ashamed than you because I had proposed for a girl whom Allah had predestined for you!”

#SHARE
Re: STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) by AlBaqir(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2017
^^^

# That, a predestination?!

* Why MUST Abu Darr accept the OFFER when the parents of the girl offered him?

* Was Abu Darr compelled or out of his freewill (ikhtiyar) (perhaps he too was in need of a woman or he was attracted to the beauty of the girl)?

* By way of courtesy, Abu Darr should have declined the offer.

* Am afraid people treat Predestination as if Ikhtiyar (freewill) does not exist. Allah knows all things but he did not "compel" us to do anything i.e we are the writer of our own destiny.

# Anything we do not have a say (freewill) over, is unchangeable "Predestination".
Re: STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) by tintingz(m): 9:20am On Oct 23, 2017
What happened in this story is determinism not predestination, the circumstances here can be predicted like what Albaqir said "he too was in need of a woman or he was attracted to the beauty of the girl" because at that point he can reject the girl with his freewill but I guess freewill didn't play a role here.
Re: STORY — Belief In Taqdir (predestination ) by Taqwaconcept(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hmmmm undecidedHmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Very Important Message To All Muslims / Hijab Issue: Firdaus Denies Suing House Of Reps / Ramadan : Jummah Sermon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.