Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,074 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check (25515 Views)

UNILAG Admission Cut-off Marks 2017/2018 Is Out / Unimaid Remedial/pre-degree Form 2017/2018 Is Out / University Of Ilorin Screening Form 2017/2018 Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
CaptainFM1:

Who ever started this Catchment thing is an idiot! When you introduce Nepotism in Education system, how the hell will Nigeria develop? How the hell are we going to be united?

Cachement is the grandchild of quota system.

free2ryhme:

you are more concern about doctors than others.

so what about others in other disciplines ?

they dont deserve pity too?

Nna, doctors are not having it easy in this country truth be told. I know their work is a work of heart and passion, but they deserve to be monetarily compensated for their hard work handsomely. Not just doctors, every health professional. I was at Lasuth last week and none of the workers I met there looked fresh. From the nurses to the doctors to the lab techs, everyone of them looked shabby and worn-out. Their outifts really were nothing to write home about. That hurt. I wish all doctors will get their worth. Let's start from doctors, other professions will have it good sometime down the line as well.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by unlimitednaija(m): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lagos is not a catchment area for Unilorin but I have a friend who passed the putme and got admitted with Lagos citizenship
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by iamNegro(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
KOPT55:

Cachement is the grandchild of quota system.

Nna, doctors are not having it easy in this country truth be told. I know their work is a work of heart and passion, but they deserve to be monetarily compensated for their hard work handsomely. Not just doctors, every health professional. I was at Lasuth last week and none of the workers I met there looked fresh. From the nurses to the doctors to the lab techs, everyone of them looked shabby and worn-out. Their outifts really were nothing to write home about. That hurt. I wish all doctors will get their worth. Let's start from doctors, other professions will have it good sometime down the line as well.

this is so bias; what about other disciplines and besides Doctors work with time, which is concentrated into various shifts of morning, afternoon and night.

certainly doctors remuneration shouldn't come first as supreme; the change first has to come with the populace. A rich populace feeds the the population and canvasses for proper and due legislation.

how long will we be fooled for?, Doctors should be paid handsomely and the minimum wage is #18000 for people of other disciplines?.

An increment in salary should permeate all sectors and not only the medical profession. A Doctor works with shift while others work without shift, so who's being cheated?.

medicine is always looked at as being supreme but if there is to be so much as an increment in their salary, then it should be universal and not particular.

increment for all and not for only a sector, because if only the Doctors are paid handsomely; it will lead to a rush for the discipline as have been the case for long now. many mediocre with no passion for medicine or desire to save lives will volunteer to read the course for the money, which will further corrupt the system.

Rich people will lead rich life; not only doctors are suffering for many are suffering far worse than they are.

let justice be for all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
unlimitednaija:
Lagos is not a catchment area for Unilorin but I have a friend who passed the putme and got admitted with Lagos citizenship
don't get your point. Anyone can get admitted anywhere, the catchment area is just an added advantage. Hence there is no big deal in your friend getting admitted irrespective of his state of origin.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by OmoDavido(m): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
ayourbamie:
Are they sayin no admission for students outside SW states

Check well. If you are not from the five catchment areas, then you will be judged based on the merit cutoff mark.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
MrBigiman:
Why doctors shouldnt earn better salaries still beats my imagination. Why Johesu keep making life miserable for well deserving doctors tires me out. Medicine take the most rigors and the most stress to get in and to pursue, these doctors also don't have a live outside their jobs, yet some poorly educated folks try and make it more difficult for them.
Why should doctors earn more? If they can't utilize the available wage is when they increase they will. If they agitate other workers will. Even if doctors are paid N1m per month,they will still complain
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Sirmuel002: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Nice. But pls does anyone knows any whatsapp group for latest oau admission news?
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Mynd44:
"Catchment area"

That needs explanation
Copied from http://www.deschoolgist.com/2017/09/nigerian-universities-catchment-areas-increasing-admission-chances/
By definition catchment areas are the geographical areas served by an institution. To break it down a little bit, we can also say the geographical areas in which an institution is located.
Every Federal Government universities in Nigeria have their own catchment areas that they primarily serve. This does not mean that the school will not admit students outside the catchment area, but the catchment areas are given special considerations. I hope that makes sense to you?
Assuming you are from Edo State and you want to apply for admission into University of Benin, then you will have advantage over those who are not from the school’s catchment area.
To clarify further, let us use the University of Lagos, UNILAG as an example. There are 6 states in Nigeria that belong to the school’s catchment area: Oyo, Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti.
This states are given special consideration when it comes to admitting students UTME into University of Lagos, in the sense that the cut-off marks assigned to this state are always lower than the merit cut off assigned to every other states.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
horlams:

All federal universities make use of catchment area, just as is seen here. That's why they are strategically located across all geopolitical zones in the country. UI is the only fed uni that doesn't and it's heavily criticized for that.
No wonder UI is ahead of them
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Billa16: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2017

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by perdollar(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
pharmacy under col. of med.? na wa o
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
pls help me check masscomm cutoff mark
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by TheManOfTheYear: 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
UI this, UI that. Stop overating an institution that's till basking in past glory.
uniabuja and uniport don't make use of catchment
whether u like am or not.. UI still better pass those aforementioned schools.

1 Like

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by davbravo(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
horlams:

All federal universities make use of catchment area, just as is seen here. That's why they are strategically located across all geopolitical zones in the country. UI is the only fed uni that doesn't and it's heavily criticized for that.
I feel admission should be based on merit and they should get rid of catchment area...... Same cutoff should be used for everyone as UI does it, there shouldn't be any form of discrimination..... Now those that deserve to be admitted won't be
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Niyinoble: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2017
I need help abeg o; OP or any nairalander around should pls screenshot the cut off for geology and computer science and post it here, the pdf doc ain't opening on my device...
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Iamsheye(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
Niyinoble:
I need help abeg o; OP or any nairalander around should pls screenshot the cut off for geology and computer science and post it here, the pdf doc ain't opening on my device...
am also a geology aspirant,made the cut off

join this WhatsApp group, it's for geology aspirants​
https://chat.whatsapp .com/LelQIHcV1FAB2ksv6rZfLq

delete the space after 'whatsapp' ,nl is blocking the link

Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by teshyberry(f): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Pls who knows the cut-off marks for UNICAL?? Pls help a sister
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by yemmy75(m): 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
MrBigiman:
Why doctors shouldnt earn better salaries still beats my imagination. Why Johesu keep making life miserable for well deserving doctors tires me out. Medicine take the most rigors and the most stress to get in and to pursue, these doctors also don't have a live outside their jobs, yet some poorly educated folks try and make it more difficult for them.
May your days be long...
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by IamGeorgie(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
horlams:

NOT only UI sir, all the universities of Agriculture too don't have catchment areas too. I suspect that Universities of Technology too don't have.Thanks
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by MrBigiman: 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Why should doctors earn more? If they can't utilize the available wage is when they increase they will. If they agitate other workers will. Even if doctors are paid N1m per month,they will still complain

Mr man, browse how much doctors earn compared to other health workers in relative terms in every advanced and progressive country u can mention, then u can begin an argument. Why then should Nigeria be different.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by ibadanfinest(m): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
UI this, UI that. Stop overating an institution that's till basking in past glory.
uniabuja and uniport don't make use of catchment

Unilag can be better but as it is UI is ahead. It may not be every aspect but certainly most aspect. Unilag is a school that admit way beyond its capacity, plus their admission process is kinda not that clean. so its not basking in past glory bro. That's not to say it cannot do better than its currently doing. I have experience of both schools
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
ibadanfinest:

Unilag can be better but as it is UI is ahead. It may not be every aspect but certainly most aspect. Unilag is a school that admit way beyond its capacity, plus their admission process is kinda not that clean. so its not basking in past glory bro. That's not to say it cannot do better than its currently doing. I have experience of both schools
what's the essence of using o level grading points when post utme was conducted? OAU also adopted same egregious modality. Both schools are clueless. I know UI will admit candidates by PUME as the sole criteria
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
iamNegro:

this is so bias; what about other disciplines and besides Doctors work with time, which is concentrated into various shifts of morning, afternoon and night.

certainly doctors remuneration shouldn't come first as supreme; the change first has to come with the populace. A rich populace feeds the the population and canvasses for proper and due legislation.

how long will we be fooled for?, Doctors should be paid handsomely and the minimum wage is #18000 for people of other disciplines?.

An increment in salary should permeate all sectors and not only the medical profession. A Doctor works with shift while others work without shift, so who's being cheated?.

medicine is always looked at as being supreme but if there is to be so much as an increment in their salary, then it should be universal and not particular.

increment for all and not for only a sector, because if only the Doctors are paid handsomely; it will lead to a rush for the discipline as have been the case for long now. many mediocre with no passion for medicine or desire to save lives will volunteer to read the course for the money, which will further corrupt the system.

Rich people will lead rich life; not only doctors are suffering for many are suffering far worse than they are.

let justice be for all
doctors don't run shifts, nurses do.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2017
MrBigiman:

Mr man, browse how much doctors earn compared to other health workers in relative terms in every advanced and progressive country u can mention, then u can begin an argument. Why then should Nigeria be different.
You can't compare the standard of living of Nigeria to advanced countries. If the request of doctors are always granted other workers will follow suit leading to inflation. They just have to deal with the situation. Rather agitating for pay rise they should agitate for improved health care delivery
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
MrBigiman:

.You can't compare the standard of living of Nigeria to advanced countries. If the request of doctors are always granted other workers will follow suit leading to inflation. They just have to deal with the situation. Rather agitating for pay rise they should agitate for improved health care delivery
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by MrBigiman: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

.You can't compare the standard of living of Nigeria to advanced countries. If the request of doctors are always granted other workers will follow suit leading to inflation. They just have to deal with the situation. Rather agitating for pay rise they should agitate for improved health care delivery

I said u should browse in relative term with other health professionals, I.e compare the average doctors pay to pharmacist pay in the UK etc and see that d Nigerian doctor is maltreated. I never said they should pay the same as UK, but u can't pay a Nurse similar to a Doctor, it's a disservice to the doctors qualification.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Drabrah(m): 1:17am On Oct 24, 2017
MrBigiman:

Mbok, tell dem. 9ja is fast becoming a "Dr Producing Factory" for US & Europe all cos there's lack of job satisfaction. I jst pray twil not be too late b4 d govt realise dat there's danger ahead.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by Drabrah(m): 1:20am On Oct 24, 2017
ayourbamie:
Are they sayin no admission for students outside SW states

There is. That's y there's a merit list. Any candidate outside d catchment area is eligible for admission (on paper o) if he/she meets the merit score.
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by MarieSucre(f): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2017
horlams:

Please could you explain to me why UI not using it is heavily criticized thanks
Re: University Of Lagos Cut-Off Mark 2017/2018 Is Out. Check by alphatron(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
if

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aluta Continua And Its History. / Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment / Dangote University Kano Develops Robot To Support Staff Domestic Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.