Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. (1803 Views)

I Am Not Super Human, Says Pastor Adeboye / I Am Not Super Human, Says Pastor Adeboye / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
nuella2:

what do you mean by a lady combing his hair? The lady could be his sister or mother, so say exactly what you mean.

Sister or mother you said? undecided Let me give you another scenario.  You are a wife of a pastor in the same church as the one whose hair was being combed by a strange lady.  Supposing you coincidentally bumped into a room where your husband is making out with a lady what excuse will you give for the holy-superman who will still go out and shake himself as before.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by OREAWADOO: 1:52pm On Mar 16, 2010
once upon a time
time time
story story
story
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by nuella2(f): 1:58pm On Mar 16, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Sister or mother you said? undecided Let me give you another scenario. You are a wife of a pastor in the same church as the one whose hair was being combed by a strange lady. You coincidentally bumped into a room where your husband is making out with a lady what excuse will you give for the holy-superman who will still go out and shake himself as before.

A christian ought not to sin whether pastor or memeber. A christian for example that is commiting adultery has a problem and weakness he needs to deal with. God do not like it and i dont like it  but God is still merciful and forgiving. If such a pastor ask for forgiveness God will certainly forgive him. There is no place in the bible God said he will not forgive such a sin. But such a pastor should lay aside such a weakness so he can fulfill God's purpose without hurting his family and members. Thats why Jesus came brother, he understands our weaknesses. He is our high priest, What do you expect God should kill the man?
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
So if he sheds a few crocodile tears it is ok for him to continue to shake himself as a super human? What about the influence on his followers who still see him as the best thing since slice bread? Hear this from a man after God's heart.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2ISYYKo5A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by Joagbaje(m): 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

You have spoken well.

What would you say if you bump into your pastor's house and to your surprise you see him alone with a lady who is not his wife combing his hair, would you still say that the pastor is a superman that cannot be burnt and would he still be holy?

He is still holy . But the isssue of being burnt is a different thing. Sin of a Christian does not reduce his righteousness or holiness. The issue of sin is not with God, but between the Christian , his conscience, and the devil. There are repercussions of sin but it is not with God. But if you want us to talk abouit sin , We should open a new thread.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by nuella2(f): 2:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
I dont know about crocodile tears, i know about asking for forgiveness and recieving it.

Hebrews 4:16
   Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Maybe you study from the bible what God did to David, Abraham, Samson etc. Sin is not just sexual sins o, what of pride, greed, unforgiveness, lying, lust etc. What of a pastor do not commit sexual sin but he is full of pride, God resist the proud you know. The saints are been perfected every day my brother. If God standards are not good enough why dont you open an investigative office that will kill any christain that sin and bomb every pastor that sin. Thank God man no be God o. A christian could look very holy in the eyes of men(virgin) but be full of hate and unforgiveness, malice and pride.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

He is still holy . But the isssue of being burnt is a different thing. Sin of a Christian does not reduce his righteousness or holiness. The issue of sin is not with God, but between the Christian , his conscience, and the devil. There are repercussions of sin but it is not with God. But if you want us to talk abouit sin , We should open a new thread.

"Give satan an inch and he'll be a ruler."
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
nuella2:

I dont know about crocodile tears, i know about asking for forgiveness and recieving it.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Maybe you study from the bible what God did to David, Abraham, Samson etc. Sin is not just sexual sins o, what of pride, greed, unforgiveness, lying, lust etc. What of a pastor do not commit sexual sin but he is full of pride, God resist the proud you know. The saints are been perfected every day my brother. If God standards are not good enough why dont you open an investigative office that will kill any christain that sin and bomb every pastor that sin. Thank God man no be God o. A christian could look very holy in the eyes of men(virgin) but be full of hate and unforgiveness, malice and pride.

"Never give the devil a ride . . . he will always want to drive."
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by inedi: 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2010
Joagbaje you are when you a Christian is a super human because he is created in the image and likeness of God he had to be a spirit being because God is a spirit.He was created so that by partaking of God's. Nature he will became a child of God. If he were but a physical or mental being he could not receive God's nature. He had to be a spirit being, an internal being who would live as long as God lives. God had to creat him that way so he could be the companion and associate of Deity.God also gave him authority over all the laws of nature. Every living thing is subject to him.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by newmi(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2010
great thread!!
the problem with alot of "christian" is that hardly have come to terms with the very purpose and essence which neccesitated the birth, death, burial and eventual magnificent and gloriously triumphant ressurection of Jesus Christ let alone "non christians" who infact are by no means qualified to discuss issues regarding the church of Christ.

Jesus defines His purpose in one occassion; John 10:10  "The thief cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy I am come that they might have life <zoe>, and that they might have it more abundantly <perissos>. (KJV) Jesus Christ defines His purpose ", that we might have life, " the greek word translated "life" here is the word "zoe" which is the God kind of life in quality. That explains why he said ", and have it more abundantly, " the greek- "perissos" which to a large extent imply a sense of superiority in terms of quality

little wonder the offer was made in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life <zoe>. (KJV). this was the "grand offer" so when a man is born again by the share vocal expression of his heart felt convictions in the gospel and Lordship of Jesus Christ that person at that self same moment is inducted into the Kingdom of God's dear Son "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear son" colosians 1:13  He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (RSV)[/i]thus enabling that man to participate in [i]"the God Experience[b]" verse 12 [b]"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet(qualified) to be partakersof the inheritance of the saints in light", or like the apostle Peter puts it in 2 peter 1:4 ", that by these ye might be partakers of His divine nature having escaped the corruption thats in world through lust" [/b] what else can you call this experiencial participation by a man in that which is divine other than a "super human"
the problem here is that of Knowledge.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by newmi(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
great thread!!
the problem with alot of "christian" is that hardly have come to terms with the very purpose and essence which neccesitated the birth, death, burial and eventual magnificent and gloriously triumphant ressurection of Jesus Christ let alone "non christians" who infact are by no means qualified to discuss issues regarding the church of Christ.

Jesus defines His purpose in one occassion; John 10:10  "The thief cometh not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy I am come that they might have life <zoe>, and that they might have it more abundantly <perissos>. (KJV) Jesus Christ defines His purpose ", that we might have life, " the greek word translated "life" here is the word "zoe" which is the God kind of life in quality. That explains why he said ", and have it more abundantly, " the greek- "perissos" which to a large extent imply a sense of superiority in terms of quality

little wonder the offer was made in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life <zoe>. (KJV). this was the "grand offer" so when a man is born again by the share vocal expression of his heart felt convictions in the gospel and Lordship of Jesus Christ that person at that self same moment is inducted into the Kingdom of God's dear Son "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear son" colosians 1:13  He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (RSV)[/i]thus enabling that man to participate in [i]"the God Experience[b]" verse 12 [b]"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet(qualified) to be partakersof the inheritance of the saints in light", or like the apostle Peter puts it in 2 peter 1:4 ", that by these ye might be partakers of His divine nature having escaped the corruption thats in world through lust" [/b] what else can you call this experiencial participation by a man in that which is divine other than a "super human"
the problem here is that of Knowledge.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by aletheia(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
newmi:

I would disagree with you to some point. You could have made your point without the faulty exegesis above. Consider the various words translated life in the bible
1. Bios (βίος)
A primary word; life, that is, (literally) the present state of existence; by implication the means of livelihood: - good, life, living.
Luke 8:14  And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life (bios), and bring no fruit to perfection.
2. psuchē (ψυχή) G5590
From G5594; breath, that is, (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew [H5315], [H7307] and [H2416]: - heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you.

Luk 12:22-23  And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life (psuche), what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life (psuche) is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

3. zōē (ζωή)
G2222
From G2198; life (literally or figuratively): - life (-time). Compare G5590.

Luk 12:15  And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life (zoe) consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

If you look at the entry G5590, you will see that zōē  is mere vitality, even of plants; thus plants can be said to have zōē as well. Moreover Luke 12:15 uses that term in reference to man - so where does it say that zōē means the God kind of life.
I maintain that your point is valid but your exegesis is bad. And such bad exegesis is largely responsible for some of the terrible heresies abounding today.
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by mbaemeka(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
hello yall

wudav loved to make comments here but av bn real busy with biz et al. nyways i share similar views with some folks here 100%. you should by now know who n who tongue
Re: This "super Human" Thing, What's The Big Deal. by ogajim(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
Tonye-t and his pastor should continue with this thread, no use whatsoever!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian Resurrection Myth! / Is It Right To Judge Men Of God? / Great Gospel Singer And Worship Leader Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.