Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Who Has Seen This? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Who Has Seen This? (1981 Views)

Parasitic Twin In Poultry, Who Has Seen This Before? / The Sebright: Have You Seen This Popular Chicken Breed Before? (Photos) / Have You Seen This Fruit Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
My ''thingy'' journey...
It started this way.

Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
Then came the flowers.
I even had to hand pollinate when the flowers started coming and i had a lot of fruits set...

Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Along came this virus or whatever it is and this is where i really need NLS help. I tired to get rid of it and i must confess i gave up at a point.
Seriously....help needed here.

Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
Dont forget i got a lot of fruits setting and getting to maturity. Did i forget i had to contend with i ''dont know wat'' for my fruits. They just had a way of puncturing my fruits at maturity or almost ? angry angry angry

Re: Who Has Seen This? by Penalty82(m): 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rafaelbeulah:
Along came this virus or whatever it is and this is where i really need NLS help. I tired to get rid of it and i must confess i gave up at a point.
Seriously....help needed here.

Use pesticide
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
These finally made it......Finally!

Re: Who Has Seen This? by greatmarshall(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hmm please an experienced person should come and advice him on what to do... @ op what fruit is this?
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
I had to pray, speak to my little farm....... grin grin
Thank God I finally harvested and actually ate some of my.......dont forget ''thingy''
Hmmm......delicious

Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
End of my journey.
Am actually looking to farming it commercially wink

Your turn NLS

What is this and where is it grown or do i ask where you saw it live......i mean

thank you
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
@ penalty82.......which pesticide?
@ Great Marshal.......Name the fruit pls i dont have plans of blabbing till 2moro
Re: Who Has Seen This? by KardinalZik(m): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rafaelbeulah:
@ penalty82.......which pesticide?
@ Great Marshal.......Name the fruit pls i dont have plans of blabbing till 2moro

Go to any agro-allied shop and ask for Khaltodim, Lambdashi, Lambda Plus, or Lara Force. They're the best and most effective all-purpose agricultural pesticides/insecticides available for now. They go for between #2000-#4000 per litre.

NB
Your mixing should'nt exceed 0.35liters per hectare.

God bless your hustle.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Penalty82(m): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rafaelbeulah:
End of my journey.
Am actually looking to farming it commercially wink

Your turn NLS

What is this and where is it grown or do i ask where you saw it live......i mean

thank you

Pavore9 FarmTech lalasticlala help a Nairalander
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Pavore9: 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

Pavore9 FarmTech lalasticlala help a Nairalander

That should be Hami melon.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Penalty82(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
Pavore9:

That should be Hami melon.
Thanks though you didn't sound convincing, I have not seen it before.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Pavore9: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

Thanks though you didn't sound convincing, I have not seen it before.

It is Hami melon, have it juiced and get a better feel.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Penalty82(m): 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
Pavore9:

It is Hami melon, have it juiced and get a better feel.
Where can I find it?
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Pavore9: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

Where can I find it?

It is also known as musk melon, I don't know where it is grown commercially in Nigeria but since the OP did get to harvest thus proving its viability. You can buy the seeds in China and have it grown.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by FarmTech(m): 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
For disease ctrl, use fungicides every 5-7 days. See instructions here: http://www.farmersjoint.com/thread-28687.html. For insect pest ctrl, use insecticides like ddvp, cypermethrin, lambda cyhalothin, imdacloprid etc. Instruction coming soon on my blog. B/4 u go commercial, find market first and get the agronomy right to avoid had-i-know.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by godTheji: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2017
Rafaelbeulah:
Then came the flowers.
I even had to hand pollinate when the flowers started coming and i had a lot of fruits set...

I have seen it very well. it is planted at the back of my apartment in ile ife while is school in OAU, infact the leaf is used for vegetables. not the matured leafs though... you cut the leafs (the fresh young ones) with the long soft rope of the plant.. I hope you understand. that's how we cook it, boil it with salt and cook with egusi. I have eaten it times without number.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
If you look at the leaves in one of the pictures, they have been eaten by pests. So, it means, pests have been feasting on the leaves. The plants might have virus infection too caused by aphid, thrips, whiteflies etc.

If i was the owner of the garden, I would treat it for pests, virus and fungi.

I would be hard on the pests; hence, I would use systemic powerful insecticide with the active ingredient called dimethoate like Action 44, Action 40, Dimeforce, Magic Force etc. Thenafter, I would fight viral infection with the active ingredient called Imidaclorid like Imiforce or Contact. In addition, I would use a copper based fungicide like RedForce and rotate it with Mancozeb or Carbendazim like ZForce, FunguForce or Forcelet to combat fungi infection. Finally, I would add foliar NPK 20 20 20 with trace elements.

Summary: systemic insecticide + Imidaclorid + Copper based Fungicide + Fertilizer. Mixed all in a knapsack and spray.

Change systemic insecticide after spraying twice to contact insecticide like LaraForce or Cypermethrine.

If you had been using this formular, you would have saved yourself this stress.

Remember, using inorganic chemical is not as bad as you think. You just must learn how to use it well so that over 99.9% of the chemicals must have been washed away from the plants and fruits before consumption. Otherwise, you may make people get sick.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by bamiwale: 1:58am On Oct 25, 2017
Rafaelbeulah:
I had to pray, speak to my little farm....... grin grin
Thank God I finally harvested and actually ate some of my.......dont forget ''thingy''
Hmmm......delicious

Looks like cantaloupe to me.
Re: Who Has Seen This? by finest0007(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
Definitely cantaloupe melon
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Thanks Good People for the tips.

@bamiwale & Finest0007.... cool cool definitely a CANTALOUPE
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
@ Pavore9 This is supposed to be my farm not your so i do not need to convince ya... angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Rafaelbeulah: 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
@godtheji....... u have been eating pumpkin aka ''anyu'' in igbo. wink wink
Re: Who Has Seen This? by Baroba(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
Honeydew??
Re: Who Has Seen This? by ayinba1(f): 7:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Cantaloupe

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Dry Seahorse In Nigeria / Monthly/yearly Farm Workers Available. / Sweet Benue Yams Available@affordable and best Prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.