Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub (888 Views)

When Generals Turn Bandits: Inside The Massive Corruption In Nigeria’s Security / See The Face Of One Of The Policemen Who Was Shot Dead By Robbers In Abuja(pics) / Soldier Dies After Being Shot In The Face By Armed Attackers. Disturbing Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by JkDanchi005(m): 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2017
It is very unfortunate how the management and staff of 3C Hub in Oyingbo, Lagos State are using their position in the organization to defraud Nigerians of their hard earned money.

A practical example is what transpired on Monday the 23rd of October 2017. I bought an Itel..... Phone on Saturday and on getting home, I discovered especially under the phone settings, that the images/words are very faint and under a sunny weather, one cannot clearly see what is written in the phone settings .
After carefully reading through the Company's guarantee and replacement policy, which came with a 7 days replacement guarantee. I decided to package back the phone to get the higher version of it on Monday, being a working day.
On getting there, I was directed to the manager who was actually the one that sold the phone to me and I explained the reasons for a replacement.
Lo and behold, he said I have to pay 3500 for broken seal. I have no problem with the said amount, all I requested for, was for him to pin point to me where it is written under the replacement policy.

I realized it was a sharp practice among the personal when he said it is an unwritten rule.

Now, my question was, did he informed me about the unwritten rule regarding a replacement at the point of purchase?

And he clearly said No.

Note, that this is not my first time of buying from 3C Hub. And never a time, have I or any of my friends who do patronize them, have been told about the said sum for a replacement at the point of purchase.

Evident enough that it was a sharp practice was when I was accousted by another of their staff, for a negotiation of the said sum which I clearly refused.
Now the question begging for an answer is, is the sum of 3500 a stipulated sum under the replacement policy of 3C Hub as approved by the Management ?

And if it is the Company's rule, while is it not included in the replacement policy terms and conditions?

I am therefore using this medium to call on the Government and the Management of 3C Hub to look into this.
Thank you.
Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by Airborne02(m): 2:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Blast them on Twitter.. To get more attention

1 Like

Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by Lanretoye(m): 4:15am On Oct 24, 2017
see,you don't have access to the user license agreement before unboxing...even at that we often bother less to read the about 10 page information which however,we must have already paid before you can access.
the scam is that, even when some of us that are so curious have managed to read the information,the last sentence which says "terms and conditions applies" makes makes the 3500k justified.just like ur employer will boldly state at the end of your job description that "and any other task that bla bla bla".
Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by JkDanchi005(m): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2017
Lanretoye:
see,you don't have access to the user license agreement before unboxing...even at that we often bother less to read the about 10 page information which however,we must have already paid before you can access.
the scam is that, even when some of us that are so curious have managed to read the information,the last sentence which says "terms and conditions applies" makes makes the 3500k justified.just like ur employer will boldly state at the end of your job description that "and any other task that bla bla bla".

It is not the 3500 that is the issue nor it justification.
3C Hub operate on a fixed price. Their prices are clearly stated and fixed. I was asked to negotiate the said amount(3500). Which I clearly opposed to. That is when you know someone is about to defraud you.
Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by naija4all(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2017
JkDanchi005:

It is not the 3500 that is the issue nor it justification.
3C Hub operate on a fixed price. Their prices are clearly stated and fixed. I was asked to negotiate the said amount(3500). Which I clearly opposed to. That is when you know someone is about to defraud you.

Did u get the name of the said Manager/staff or even their pics......next time before transaction make it a duty to know the name of whoever the sales agent is...that way he or she can be held responsible when they try to play a smart one on customer.
Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by JkDanchi005(m): 9:37am On Oct 24, 2017
The reason why alot of people patronize 3C Hub and it like, is the replacement package and guarantee that their product comes with. Failure to address sharp practices like this, is detrimental to the Company's goodwill.
Re: The Face Of Corruption In 3C Hub by JkDanchi005(m): 9:44am On Oct 24, 2017
Admin please do the needful and let us hear the official position of 3C Hub on this.
Good for FP
CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Video: 'this Girl Is A Thief I Met Her On Facebook / Grisly Pics Show Mass Whale Slaughter In Remote Faroe Islands Hunts / Nigerian Police Officer Gives Oyinbo Man His Gun And They Took Photos (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.