Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,260 members, 7,829,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

*i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / *i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) (1482 Views)

My Friend Raped A 14-year-old Girl / My Husband Raped Me. / Court Remands Father & Friend For Defiling 12-year-old Daughter in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) by mitchmang(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
*I TURNED GAY AFTER MY FATHER'S FRIEND RAPED ME WHEN I WAS 14 YEARS - GAY MEN AND BOYS CONFESSES AFTER APPREHENSION*

23-year-old man , who called himself Femi were apprehended with other 42 gay men and boys in a hotel in July 2017.

The suspects were having birthday party with friends when apprehended by the police. They were dragged to court for carrying out "gay activities" and Femi spent a month and two days in jail.

After his arrest, Femi was disowned by his family and was chased out. He now lives with friends, ABC Australia says.

He lost his job as a cleaner, and abandoned his studies at the University to involve himself in paid sex activities in order to gather money to travel to Ghana where he is expecting to have freedom.

He explained that he "turned gay at 14" when his father's friend raped him and he later fell inlove with him. He said he continued a relationship with him without the knowledge of his father who always accuse him to being a gay and acting like a female.

“When he was angry he would start flogging me,” Femi says.
“Any mistake and he would hit me. Every minute, every hour.”
After a month and two days in jail following his arrest, an NGO bailed him out.
“I tried to bribe my way out of it and members of the [LGBTI] community went to speak with my father…[he] asked them to let me die in [jail],” Femi says.

During the administration of ex-president Goodluck Jonathan signed a bill which banned gay marriage and labelled 14years penalty and 10 years for same sex relationships in 2014.

The Lagos state Attorney-General Adeniji Kazeem said that the action taken on the gay men was to end the taking-advantage of minors by gaymen carrying out their activities.

Notwithstanding, a 15-year-old Doyin who was also apprehended claims no sex with minors was carried out. Doyin spent 7 days before he was freed and was not in danger to the wrath of the law unlike others.

“My parents know I’m gay. This is my lifestyle. This is what I choose and they say I should live my life,” he says.
“A gay is a human being and it’s God that created me like this .

I don’t have feelings for women. I have feelings for men. A gay is a human being [and that’s why I’m bold. I didn’t want my mum to know’

Tunde said the outcome of the apprehension was what he was concerned about.

“The police came through and started beating us so I covered my face because I didn’t want my mum to know,” he says.

Tunde said he was tortured by the president of the cell he found himself and the police assigned them to make him confess.

“This is when I had no choice … I said I was gay,” he says.

Tunde with other accused pleaded not guilty in court, however, his picture, HIV status and name was sent to the local media and was shares across the newspapers in the country.

“When I came out my mum found out and the people I work with were abusing me saying I’m a girl,” he says.
“My grandma bought the newspaper and said I was not part of their family anymore and that I should leave the house.”

As they are to return to court on November 22, Lagos activist Peter Kass, whose NGO was at the hotel said he carried out tests on some of the gays before their apprehension and also claims that some gangs used social media to catch gay which they will beat them or collect their valuables.

“What people do is ping you or you get chatting and then you talk about hooking up,” he says.
“When you get there you discover the person isn’t even gay and there are six or seven men there … who are just out there to beat up gay men.”

Re: *i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) by eezeribe(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
OK
Re: *i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) by dingbang(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
There is a spirit behind this rape thing... Some victims just begin to go wayward
Re: *i Turned Gay After My Father's Friend Raped Me When I Was 14 Years - (photos) by pyyxxaro: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
Throw them into the lagooon undecided

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Find This Scammer / A Man Killed For Dragging A Woman With Cultist During Valentine (graphic Photo) / A Catholic Rev. Sister In Anambra, Buried Her Father Secretly In A Shallow Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.