Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,541 members, 7,850,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) (8415 Views)

Is The TECNO Phantom 8 Too Expensive For 128,000? / Tecno Phantom 8 Full Specifications And Price / Pictures From The Launch Of The New Phantom 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Dam5reey(m): 9:39am On Oct 26, 2017
toyota3:
I still do not understand how the quality of a camera depreciates over time.. you know nothing lowkey27

He talking about user experience... Quality is quality any time,
Samsung and Apple's hardware are top notch

Imagine the op comparing a new phone to a phone of 3 years plus... Standing strong...

I will take iPhone 6 over phantom 10...

Can you show me phantom 6 of 2 years ago?

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by eponoloyin: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2017
Even if I'm given free, I won't use it.

You don't get? These junks are meant to frustrate the users. I'm not sure they are eco friendly or comply with standard radiation laws.
Use at your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2017
toyota3:
I still do not understand how the quality of a camera depreciates over time.. you know nothing lowkey27

I'm not surprised how a lame man like you compare iPhone with Tecno. Tecno for God's sake.... ���. I'm done with you.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2017
toyota3:
smh..
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2017
eponoloyin:

You don't get? These junks are meant to frustrate the users. I'm not sure they are eco friendly or comply with standard radiation laws.
Use at your own peril.
Lol. They are Junks.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2017
Dam5reey:

He talking about user experience... Quality is quality any time,
Samsung and Apple's hardware are top notch

Imagine the op comparing a new phone to a phone of 3 years plus... Standing strong...

I will take iPhone 6 over phantom 10...

Can you show me phantom 6 of 2 years ago?
Where you gonna see that You expect Junks to last?. Only a dumbass would take a Tecno over an iPhone.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by tafat: 11:38am On Oct 26, 2017
HeyCorleone:
The problem is all these Chinese products come with parts that expire quick.. I kid you not, this Phantom 8 camera would not be of this quality 6 months from now..

Such doesn't happen in iPhone or Samsung products.
I don't understand expire quick, d camera won't b clear again or what?
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by HeyCorleone(m): 11:53am On Oct 26, 2017
tafat:

I don't understand expire quick, d camera won't b clear again or what?

Exactly.. Their parts detiorate quickly.. in a matter of weeks/months.. Unlike those of standard brands like iPhone, Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Norman4real(m): 10:45am On Oct 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Exactly.. Their parts detiorate quickly.. in a matter of weeks/months.. Unlike those of standard brands like iPhone, Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC.
You guys are just typical liars. Cameras don't just "Depreciate" for no good reason. Either the phone is damaged or the phone lens gets scratched. Some times you just get used to a camera and it's just not as pleasing as it was the first time. Keep in mind that the cameras you're referencing to here are NOT MADE BY TECNO but by SONY and these have also been used in popular brands like Xiaomi, Oneplus and SONY. So explain to me how it's only the lens used by Tecno that depreciates.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by HeyCorleone(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2017
Norman4real:
You guys are just typical liars. Cameras don't just "Depreciate" for no good reason. Either the phone is damaged or the phone lens gets scratched. Some times you just get used to a camera and it's just not as pleasing as it was the first time. Keep in mind that the cameras you're referencing to here are NOT MADE BY TECNO but by SONY and these have also been used in popular brands like Xiaomi, Oneplus and SONY. So explain to me how it's only the lens used by Tecno that depreciates.

I won't even argue with you. The iPhone 5 came out in the year 2013.. The Tecno J5 came out 2015. You can't even compare the cameras.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Norman4real(m): 11:40am On Oct 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:

I won't even argue with you. The iPhone 5 came out in the year 2013.. The Tecno J5 came out 2015. You can't even compare the cameras.
J5 was a low end model made with a low end 8mp camera lens. Shame on u for comparing it with iPhone 5. And on than note also notice that the Phantom Z that was released in 2014 has a better camera than a WX3 of 2017 so it's not all about years it's a question of "Which lens was used??"

4 Likes

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Dam5reey(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
Norman4real:
J5 was a low end model made with a low end 8mp camera lens. Shame on u for comparing it with iPhone 5. And on than note also notice that the Phantom Z that was released in 2014 has a better camera than a WX3 of 2017 so it's not all about years it's a question of "Which lens was used??"

Yes Tecno dont use the Lens they advertise... Camera bench marks will tell you that. wink
The camera lense are chinese version after 6 months go and check with the Picture you snapped when you bought the phone.

Thats why tecno release phones every months while Apple Every Year grin
So you use for few months and you buy another one
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Norman4real(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
Dam5reey:

Yes Tecno dont use the Lens they advertise... Camera bench marks will tell you that. wink
The camera lense are chinese version after 6 months go and check with the Picture you snapped when you bought the phone.
That's just an allegation that i haven't found to be true. I have a C9 that i got last year in June and after 1yr and 4months i don't see this depreciation in camera that you talk of. If you protect the outer lens from scratches then it will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by HeyCorleone(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
Norman4real:

You can't compare the cameras on infinix zero 3 and Tecno phantom 6 (at least these are presumed high end phones) to iPhone 5.. It's the simple truth people like you don't want to admit.. How about speed? The iPhone 5 with 1GB RAM is faster than the Infinix with 2GB RAM. What would you blame now? Chip type?! Hell naw.

The companies keep churning in below-the-par phones into our marker and we happily patronise them. It's no wonder they're only in Africa.. Not everyone in America uses a high end phone, still these Chinese companies won't think of setting foot there because they know they'd be rejected for their substandardness and mediocrity.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Norman4real(m): 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:

Not everyone in America uses a high end phone, still these Chinese companies won't think of setting foot there because they know they'd be rejected for their substandardness and mediocrity.
You're very mistaken. Chinese companies like Zte, huawei Motorola and lenovo have been selling low end phones in USA for years and even on carriers like Sprint and Tmobile. I've seen sub standard brands and i'm sure Tecno isn't one of them. Tecno's phones aren't configured to work with cdma networks in USA so taking a phone there would be useless, but that has nothing to do with overall quality.

3 Likes

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by HeyCorleone(m): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
Norman4real:
Tecno's phones aren't configured to work with cdma networks in USA so taking a phone there would be useless...

So? What's the big deal about configuration? Why Tecno hasn't bothered with the configuration is because they know it'd serve no purpose as they can never build a reputable abd strong fanbase there..
.That is not to say Tecno phones are complete rubbish. No not at all.. They have nice brands, they're just below par.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Norman4real(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:

So? What's the big deal about configuration? Why Tecno hasn't bothered with the configuration is because they know it'd serve no purpose as they can never build a reputable abd strong fanbase there..
.That is not to say Tecno phones are complete rubbish. No not at all.. They have nice brands, they're just below par.
But that's not the case with Phantom 8. It has a global connectivity on any network around the world.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Queentito(f): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
proxitaly:
Comparing a just released phantom 8 with a four year old iPhone 6 plus

Why not iPhone 7 or iPhone 8? Will it also surprise you that when that phantom 8 will no longer be relevant people will still be selling their kidney to lay hand on that iPhone 6 plus

Before you tell him to compare with latest iPhone, consider the selling price of phantom 8 and iPhone 7 and 8

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by datyorubaboy: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2017
This is a good phone, high spec.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by datyorubaboy: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2017
People won't consider price when comparing phones. shuo
Queentito:

Before you tell him to compare with latest iPhone, consider the selling price of phantom 8 and iPhone 7 and 8

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by omoalajah(m): 1:39am On Oct 30, 2017
Nice review from Eric
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by omoalajah(m): 1:39am On Oct 30, 2017
It can use any SIM worldwide. Good
Norman4real:
But that's not the case with Phantom 8. It has a global connectivity on any network around the world.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by missslimzy(f): 1:52am On Oct 30, 2017
review well done
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by henry007(m): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2017
omoalajah:
Nice review from Eric

Thanks bro
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by tbadejo25: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
henry007:
Quick review of my first 24 hours with the TECNO Phantom 8 - covers battery life and user experience. Also includes speed test between the TECNO Phantom 8 with the iPhone 6 plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2xfQ437QE&t=86s&index=2&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4Qq2Ahowy3TVV0vEUy-jQs6

Happy watching. Lalasticlala

People are commenting about 1GB RAM Vs 6GB RAM but it doesn't affect the speed na.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by Patrick33(m): 1:45am On Nov 10, 2017
Lol...dumping the iphone 6 for the phantom 8 abi? Am not really an iphone fan..but you cant compare the phantom 8 with the iphone 5s or galaxy s5...am in my house...to all of you saying that he should compare with s8+ or iphone 8 or 7... you dont know you should respect your elders Compare with the galaxy s5 or galaxy j7 first grin grin
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by maasoap(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2017
Norman4real:
Nice video review, i just wish we got a helio X30 processor instead of the P25, the phone would be at least 40% faster. However, i'd prefer if you compared to more recent phones like the S7 or iphone 7, coz iphone 6 is almost 4yrs old so it's an unfair comparison.
4years old! What year was that? That should be 2015, right? That's two years ago. And when you compare the current prices of both phones, you will realise that @op was nice.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by maasoap(m): 8:13am On Nov 10, 2017
HeyCorleone:

You can't compare the cameras on infinix zero 3 and Tecno phantom 6 (at least these are presumed high end phones) to iPhone 5.. It's the simple truth people like you don't want to admit.. How about speed? The iPhone 5 with 1GB RAM is faster than the Infinix with 2GB RAM. What would you blame now? Chip type?! Hell naw.

The companies keep churning out below-the-par phones into our marker and we happily patronise them. It's no wonder they're only in Africa.. Not everyone in America uses a high end phone, still these Chinese companies won't think of setting foot there because they know they'd be rejected for their substandardness and mediocrity.
You should cover your face in shame. How many infinix with 2gb RAM can we buy with money that will purchase just one iPhone 5? Manufacturers are not dumb when they sell different products at different prices.
And again, what do you mean by "below-the-par phones"? You never heard the words high, middle and low end phones? Basically, you want phone that cost 500,000 naira and the one that cost 60,000 or 120,000 naira to have the same specs? Or, everyone should start breaking banks vaults just to use phone. What is your argument here?

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by maasoap(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2017
eponoloyin:

Use at your own peril.
Like they didn't pass through any regulatory agency anywhere?
You are not sure. Case closed. When you are sure, come back to tell us.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by HeyCorleone(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2017
maasoap:

You should cover your face in shame. How many infinix with 2gb RAM can we buy with money that will purchase just one iPhone 5? Manufacturers are not dumb when they sell different products at different prices.
And again, what do you mean by "below-the-par phones"? You never heard the words high, middle and low end phones? Basically, you want phone that cost 500,000 naira and the one that cost 60,000 or 120,000 naira to have the same specs? Or, everyone should start breaking banks vaults just to use phone. What is your argument here?

So you do agree their specs or parts are inferior. Nice.
Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by maasoap(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2017
HeyCorleone:

So you do agree their specs or parts are inferior. Nice.
That's how it should be, quality of materials used and specs shouldn't be the same as long as the difference in their prices is like between heaven and earth.

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Dumping My iPhone For the TECNO Phantom 8. (PICS) by AjiAmu(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Most people shouting "i-phone is better than tecno" only do so cos thats what everyone else says...they don't really compare the hardware, software & real user reviews before concluding...they call tecno, infinix & co "Chinese made, or chinko" without knowing that Samsung(made in korea) is also a "chinko"...i currently use a galaxy j7 pro, and the day i realised that those supposedly Chinese companies are no longer joking was the day i laid my hands on a friend's infinix note 4 pro

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat BIS Back On Android / Mi-tribe X (a500s) Full Review / GLO Just Gifted Me 1terrabyte Free Data!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.