Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Unseen Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Unseen Love (576 Views)

The Lagos Unseen by Victoria Omoghena Edidi / World Of The 'unseen' By Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Unseen Love by Kealmin(m): 10:12am On Oct 24, 2017
It was 12pm in the afternoon when Michael was walking from the library to his classroom. He notice the principal walking toward his direction and motion to him to stop. Michael quickly adjuste his trouser and stop to wait for the principal to get to were he was. Goodafternoon sir yes goodafternoon  Michael how are u?

Am fine sir.

Michael was in SS 2 and was considered to be the best science student in Ekiuromi secondary school, he had won a lot of accolade for the school within and outside the community. He has always came top of his class until recently when a new student  beat him to take the position and this has got some of his classmate to pledge their allegiance to the new student whose name is sarmine.

Michael let's go talk in my office said the principal. Michael was seated in the principal office  opposite the the man who was in his early fifty.

Michael you know you have won the school best student award for the past four years until recently when sarmine beat you to take the prestigious award. What is going on? Is it that you don't study anymore? Since you became the school senior perfect, the school teachers have complained to me about your poor performance in your academic or are you being distracted with the new position as the school senior prefect? Michael was deep in thought he knew what the principal was driving at.

Sir I have been doing my best and I believe I will be the school best student again said Michael.

But Michael are you aware the long awaited national competition is few months from now and it is mandatory every school is represented by it best student's. And with the way things are going you may not be one to represent ekiuromi secondary school. Michael open his mouth and no word was coming out. He knew this was the only chance for him to go for the national competition. The national competition was held every five years and Michael knew he had no other means of going if he miss this chance. The principal stare at him and said

Michael the school has decided to choose either you or samine but no vote has been taking yet until tommorrow. But sir what is the criteria for choosing the school representative? Don't worry Michael we will inform those chosen on what to do so as to get the best. You can go now. Michael stood up slowly, bow his head and walk out of the man's office. A lot of things was running through his mind, a lot of questions yet unanswered, what if they choose sarmine? He knew sarmine was not just intelligent but was smart and cunning, just like the tree is swayed by the wind so was sarmine he had a high intelligent quotent and could finish any question even before anymore think of starting. What was is secret? What was his weak point? I must find out. Michael walk straight into the classroom with one thought on his mind to find out who sarmine really is

....................................................................................

King ajibade was sitting in his palace in front of his seven kinsmen in ibilewe village. King ajibade is a famous and very powerful king. He was well known and respected because of his wealth and influence. There was a rumour among the neighbouring village that king ajibade possess spiritual power which makes him to conquer any kingdom he wishes but still there was only one man strong enough to face him and that was king telehinius of nivateh. Some call him the gentle  wizard that hunt in daytime. History has it that king ajibade forefather's has always wanted to destroy nivateh but were unable to gain entrance into the community. Ninivateh has the best archers and the best sword men compared to ibilewe village. Though ibilewe has hundreds of foot sodiers and sophisticated weapon compared to ninivateh, they still find it difficult to beat them in any battle. Few years ago, ibilewe has join force with other communities who were subject to them just to defeat ninivateh but all their effort were in vain. 

King ajibade army was spearheaded by his own son whose name was Steiner and his second in command was his childhood friend whose name was Blake some call him the butcher for he has single handedly taken out 25 swordmen once in the battle field. Steiner was nothing like his father he was calm gentle and handsome even his father never see him capable to lead his army he said he was too soft to be a soldier not until Steiner  prove himself in the arena when he defeated Blake his best friend and even his father has since believe his son hidden abilities. My kinsmen king ajibade began they all respond your highness

You know for the past few years we have been at loggerhead with telehinius king of ninivateh and he has refuse to surrender to the leadership of ibiwele community and this has got me worried not because he is better than us but because other communities under our leadership has started conniving with him to bring us down. Do will attack again or should we wait for them to attack?

May you live long your highness-chief iwa  began who was in his late sixty. Your highness the gentle movement of a tiger does not mean he is timid, a lion in his den is more dangerous that an elephant in the open field. Your highness king telehinius is very intelligent and his  foot sodiers is far better than majority of our sodiers. We have heard how his  son with his three friends defeated a whole community of umujeze and a lot of people said they even used diabolic powers that even the zibaruta the spirit of the sword is with them. Your highness tell me, do you still believe we can defeat ninivateh kingdom? Chief iwa was expecting a reply from the king when he heard the a boy shouting igwe igwe igwe. Muchira ran into the palace and was breathing heavily. Igwe there is problem 

Problem, speak what is it muchira the igwe retorated in anger, the people the people muchira stammered 

Muchira speak what is it, igwe there is war the people of ninivateh are on their way here with hundred of sodiers and they have already slaughtered our sodiers who are keeping watch at the boundary. The king was taken aback and he left his mouth ajar.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mr. And Mrs. / Story Alert!!! Travails Of A Budding Poet - A Poetic Fiction / Unfinished Stories!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.