|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,778,604 members, 6,621,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 December 2021 at 02:38 AM
|10 Quick Facts About Ppps & Evidence Of Its Success In Oyo State by Oluwaseyi1234: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2017|
10 QUICK FACTS ABOUT PPPs & EVIDENCE OF ITS SUCCESS IN OYO STATE
1. A public–private partnership (PPP) is a cooperative arrangement between two or more public and private SECTORS.
2. They are typically long-term in nature.
3. Governments have used such a mix of public and private endeavors throughout history.
4. However, the past few decades have seen a clear trend towards governments across the globe making greater use of various PPP arrangements to drive development.
5. The ultimate aim of PPPs is to ensure the availability of physical or technical infrastructure for public good and usage.
6. PPPs also enable the public sector (in this case, a government and its people) to harness the expertise and efficiencies that the private sector can bring to the delivery of certain facilities and services traditionally procured and delivered by the public sector.
7. In a PPP setup by government, such government enjoys the advantage of not borrowing money to make capital investment. In other words, PPPs help governments that are serious with development BORROW less.
8. PPPs also afford governments the assured possibility of bringing in new sources of financing for funding public infrastructure and service needs.
9. The present Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led administration in Oyo state has deployed all of these advantages above to drive development in accordance with its repositioning agenda over the past 6 years.
10. The Technical University with Central Bank of Nigeria, the Ibadan Circular Road with ENL Consortium, state-wide and state-of-the-art road construction(s), Dry port with Maersk, the Milk Collection Center with Friesland-Campina WAMCO, the Schools' Governing Board, the Ibadan City Masterplan with the World Bank, the Environmental Management pact with WestAfrica ERG, etc, are fruits from the OYSG-championed PPP initiatives.
1 Like 2 Shares
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24