Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. (16156 Views)

Disobedience Of Presidential Directives By The Md Of Fnph-uselu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by ifyalways(f): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
No thanks to the military, every one is alert now.
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2017
paulostical2004:

Bros stop spreading false alarm just to get your post to front page. If there actually panic like u claimed then let's see the pics.
should I start arguing with u now or what I Dont understand oo.. Cus I didn't video it abi.. Since you were there kindly say the first that happen there..
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by uche77zero(m): 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2017
ULSHERLAN:
I don't think it's by force. Moreover, it's a right initiative but at a wrong time. Timing matters alot, they aren't smart
it was world Polio day the day should be shifted caused we were stupid to believe a rumor
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by wow90(m): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
You don’t have to buy a plane ticket to participate in this year’s World Polio Day festivities at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s facility in downtown Seattle, Washington, USA. You can watch the event live on 24 October at 14:30 Seattle time (UTC-7) for an update on our global campaign to eradicate polio. A recording of the livestream will be available later.

Livestream details
Go to endpolio.org/world-polio-day to watch the livestream in English.   

This year, Rotary will also livestream the event in Portuguese, French, Korean, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese. The livestream is only viewable using Chrome on your desktop. If you do not have Chrome, you can download it here for free.

Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by babajero(m): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2017
adenine02:
sad

I see polio resurfacing in the South

So I'm now wondering who's​ doing who
it's a lie it won't resurface, because mothers take their children to health center, clinic hospitals after birth. And even if they want to do it then the ministry of health have to announce the date for the immunisation.
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by adenine02: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
AreaFada2:

Polio vaccines are not given in market places in Benin. Most people are well informed and most women of childbearing age now had at least secondary school education.

They largely follow the vaccination protocol advised by their midwife/nurse/doctor.

The govt needs to tackle insecurity issues. With herdsmen killing and raping people in Ologbo area and other parts of the state and no action taken, the fear of Northern agenda is real. We have a very divided country right now.

If the govt & MoH led by Prof. Adewole cannot inform people properly, engage trusted healthcare workers and perhaps youth corpers too, they can expect more of this.

Rotary club is a non-govermental organization

With all the education you said you have over there you still think it northern agenda SMH
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by nnokwa042(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
ivolt:

Nobody is being forced to take vaccine.
It is illiteracy and ill-education that made many
people swallow lies as truth.

Vaccines are not given during epidemic, they are administered
to prevent an epidemic.
if northerners can't take polio vaccine then u expect Igbo man to be injected by zoogeria army?
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by AreaFada2: 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
adenine02:

Rotary club is a non-govermental organization

With all the education you said you have over there you still think it northern agenda SMH

I am not the one running from vaccination. My kids get their vaccines from the best medical facilities there are. I need no rotary club or Man-O-War people to do it. By whose permission do Rotary club people dish out vaccines? Or you mean any group, cult group, NGO or whatever can just go about given out vaccines?

You need to understand the people on ground. Across Nigeria. Be it Akure, Benin or PH. Their worries, daily life & rumours making the round.

That is the problem with the elite and those who feel they are educated. They become very distant from the masses. Like the governors building vanity projects and statues. cheesy grin

Well, to know Northern agenda, read up on Ahmadu Bello. There are still videos of his interviews on youtube. Then compare it with the sequence of events in Nigeria since 1960s. Because indomie and facebook generation might not know.
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by ivolt: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
nnokwa042:
if northerners can't take polio vaccine then u expect Igbo man to be injected by zoogeria army?

It is illiteracy and religious conspiracy propaganda that make some northerners reject
polio vaccine.
It is the same illiteracy and political propaganda that made some people swallow the
monkeypox vaccine lies.

The saying that "illiteracy is a disease" is very much alive!
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by jamesbridget13(f): 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2017
Xbee007:
See wetin IPOB don cause. This is a very serious issue as parents no longer want to vaccinate their children.
I just hope we don't see polio and other vaccine controlled diseases resurfacing in the nearest future.
it is an ignorant parent that wouldn't vaccinate his or her ward. I no dey craze o.
Re: Panic As Rotary Members Try To Give Vaccine At Uselu Market Benin. by Eddy2cute(m): 5:48am On Oct 25, 2017
Jigba:
It's not by force. If they don't want to, then leave them alone and vaccinate those who want to
abi ooo my sister . is it by force?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Should Do To A Knocked-out Tooth / Ebola Virus Spreads To Senegal / Watching TV Shortens Life Span

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.