Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) (22922 Views)

Nigerian Man Uses Artificial Grass To Redesign His New Car (video) / Update On My Flooded Car ❗❗ / How To Restore A Flooded Car's Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
I'd go for a cheaper flooded car than an expensive tokunbo of same kind. My car has been flooded before, brain box affected, doesn't change speed as one would expect but the engine still good an sound. I will be looking to get one!
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Eniitan19(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
Which dealer will allow you to "rough handle" his car like that all in the name of checking bf buying.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by midehi2(f): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:

Seriously?
He said "pm me" and you saying "seriously" undecided tongue grin
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Dasherz(f): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
midehi2:
Lol. .. I have
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Dasherz(f): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2017
midehi2:
Lol. .. I have cheesy
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by midehi2(f): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dasherz:

Lol. .. I have cheesy
Better cheesy
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by zoedew: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
candlewax:
where I come from, you don't reject a gift except you can offer something better to the giver. then you'll say “Thanks, I'm good just manage this Range Rover Autobiography”

Augustap

“Thanks, I'm good just manage this FLOODED Range Rover Autobiography”
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Autojosh....I need to know more about this cause I'm planning on buying cars fro there I I don't know who to trust
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by autojosh: 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2017
wristbangle:
Thanks for the info autojosh.

Though car dealers can be smart in Nigeria eradicating all the mentioned features but of what of wiring issues?

Very true @ wiring issues.. The sad part is they usually occur intermittently and can easily go unnoticed till you start to spend some time with the car.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
I don't mind once I can fix it

Augustap

zoedew:

Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by autojosh: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ericjohnsonjnr:
Autojosh....I need to know more about this cause I'm planning on buying cars fro there I I don't know who to trust

You probably won't fall victim if you are buying from there.. Make sure you check all the details provided by the seller carefully and do a VIN check or pay for physical inspection when in doubt.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by wristbangle: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2017
autojosh:

Very true @ wiring issues.. The sad part is they usually occur intermittently and can easily go unnoticed till you start to spend some time with the car.

Currently a toyota hiace 2009 model is giving us issue as regards this and after doing scan, the electrical engineer (rewire) told us the bus has been heavily flooded in the past, perhaps in overseas.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by autojosh: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2017
zoedew:

grin suicide mission especially when it's not run and drive.

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by computerglobal(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
In the wake of disasters such as Harvey and Irma, state motor vehicle registries "brand" cars that have been inundated by floodwaters. Such branding changes the car's title to a salvage or junk title, which alerts future buyers that the car was declared a total loss by an insurance agency, either because of a serious accident or a number of other problems.

Buying a flood-damaged car comes with a lot of risk

It's important to do your due diligence before buying a car, which includes checking for mechanical problems, accident history and assessing the vehicle's overall condition. We also recommend checking for flood damage

Free Flood Damage Cars Check
https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flooded-damage-cars-check

Check the Vehicle's History www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2017
autojosh:

You probably won't fall victim if you are buying from there.. Make sure you check all the details provided by the seller carefully and do a VIN check or pay for physical inspection when in doubt.

I bought a car from Canada...I later find out there is salt in the car and it's a rust car...I lost a lot of money so I'm scared
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by talk2emma: 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
Some people don't even have money for the flooded car and you are here saying they should not buy the have seen
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by finni(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Great information. Nigerian auto showrooms are full of "clean" flood-damaged cars; buy them at your peril.

Anyway, you can pre-order your clean title car from us at ease. Please check my signature.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by zoedew: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
candlewax:
I don't mind once I can fix it

Augustap

wink
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Explorers(m): 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
candlewax:
Explorers always aim higer, just 50k?

Augustap

@all@all na in bad pass.

1 Like

Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Pat081: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2017
femi4:
Flooded cars dey last wella, better than Naija use.

So far the car dey move...who cares. Our roads here sef na flood
lol, who knows maybe dis is wot our so call car dealer use to buy n call tear rubber 4us ?if one can gv dis one do u think both single ladies and marry women will nt follow u arund?
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
no worries, i will pm you

Augustap
Explorers:

@all@all na in bad pass.
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Computergloba: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Explorers:

Lol....Bro no worry 2 much.

Just give me d money wey u won use pre order d flooded car.

Even if na 50kgrin

grin grin grin
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Osezzua(m): 11:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
nice
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 25, 2017
100dollars just to check if a car was flooded or not? Make I learn mechanic fly go yankee
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by caye(m): 12:38am On Oct 25, 2017
superior494:
Hmmmm
WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE THAT FEELING THAT AUTOJOSH IS THAT DISGRACED INSPIREDAUTOS WHO WAS ON NAIRALAND 2010-2013? (I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH)
superior494:
Hmmmm
WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE THAT FEELING THAT AUTOJOSH IS THAT DISGRACED INSPIREDAUTOS WHO WAS ON NAIRALAND 2010-2013? (I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH)
superior494:
Hmmmm
Re: This Is How To Spot A Flooded Car (video) by chukel(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2017
Ericjohnsonjnr:

I bought a car from Canada...I later find out there is salt in the car and it's a rust car...I lost a lot of money so I'm scared
it's usually not advisable to buy from Canada. They use salt on the roads cos of snow build up. The salt corrodes the car metal. Contact me if you want a reliable car from U.S at lower than dealer price.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / Recommend A Suv - For The Nigerian Road / Restoring A Classic - Volkswagen 1500 Beetle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.