Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson (514 Views)

Fergie Wants Van Perse / Picture Of Carlos Tevez Holding Up 'RIP Fergie' Sign / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (2) (3) (4)

Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson by harmeenut: 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2010
FERGIE: ARSENAL BIGGEST TITLE THREAT
Posted 15/03/10 08:31EmailPrintSave

Sir Alex Ferguson has identified Arsenal, rather than Chelsea, as Manchester United's biggest threat in the Premier League title race.

Speaking after United beat Fulham 3-0 to reclaim top spot, Ferguson wondered if Arsenal, currently on a five-game winning run, could challenge United for the title.

Chelsea and Arsenal sit two points behind United, but Carlo Ancelotti's side have a game in hand on the reigning champions.

"We are back in the lead, but Chelsea have a game in hand," Ferguson said.

"It's also going to be a hard-fought tussle, with Arsenal coming strongly now, and I have a suspicion that they might yet mount the biggest challenge."

However, Ferguson was careful to add the most important caveat when discussing Arsenal.

"To a certain extent the title is in our hands because Chelsea have to come to Old Trafford (on April 3) and naturally that will be a massive match, but, as I say, I'm wary of Arsenal if they don't suffer too many more injuries to key players."

Ferguson also believes that this could be the tightest title race in years.

"Right now it's looking like it, I must say. It's looking very tight. We have only got eight games left, Chelsea have nine games left, so you never know. You have to think about goal difference. We're four goals ahead of Chelsea. I wish it was 14, but at least it's something in our favour.

"I suppose the simple way for us and Chelsea to look at it is just to win all our games. But life is never that simple."

But in November last year

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson writes off Arsenal and Liverpool, in two-horse Premier League title race with Chelsea
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 1:23 PM on 04th November 2009
Comments (16)
Add to My Stories
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has written off Arsenal and Liverpool's Barclays Premier League chances, stating it is a two-horse race for the title this season between his reigning champions and Carlo Ancelotti's Chelsea.
Ferguson goes head-to-head with the Italian for the first time in the league this Sunday when his United side travel to Stamford Bridge to take on the current leaders.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1224986/Manchester-United-boss-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-writes-Arsenal-Liverpool-horse-Premier-League-title-race-Chelsea.html#ixzz0iFOm5HTW

Though I believe Arsenal stands a good chance provided they can continue their winning streak without dropping points (especially against Man City & Spurs) and Chelsea & Man U drop especially against each other, the title is a 3-horse race

IT'S SQUEAKY BUM TIME
Re: Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2010
i don't care about the 'big' 4 tongue
Re: Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson by nowal: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
i don't care about the 'big' 4

so wetin you care about? the top 19 of the EPL cheesy grin

Well, like Fergie himself would say "it's squeaky bum time. But I believe Arsenal stands the best chance to win the league.

Gunners , Let's go there
Re: Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2010
nowal:

so wetin you care about? the top 19 of the EPL cheesy grin

Well, like Fergie himself would say "it's squeaky bum time. But I believe Arsenal stands the best chance to win the league.

Gunners ,  Let's go there

only care about the 4th champions' league place grin cheesy
Re: Fergie: Arsenal Biggest Title Threat - Reality don hit Ferguson by harmeenut: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2010
only care about the 4th champions' league place
eh yah kpele cheesy that's how I was so concerned last season. but this season even when written off b4 the season starts, we can confidently be sure forget the idea of coming 4th grin grin grin

Do You Desire Be A Professional Footballer? / Lars Lagerback Is Trying To Surprise Everybody / Mourinho Is New Real Madrid Manager