Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog (1416 Views)

What can I feed her to make her grow big? / What Can I Feed My Gsd To Make It Bigger? / What Can I Feed My Pitbull (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by gwenzence(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
Pls I have a 9 month old terrier, I nomally feed him 3 times a day. Some said I should be feeding him twice some said once a day for him to active at night. I am confuse on what to follow. Advice needed. Tnx

Re: How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by RoyalBlak007: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
♤ Twice
Re: How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by wheezie24(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2017
once or twice is OK....if once mk it around 12/1p.m.....
Re: How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by Eveezy(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2017
Feed your dog as u please, just don't make it get over weight, after all I don't know the quantity u give per meal

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by gwenzence(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to all ur advice. I really appreciate, I will work on it.
Re: How Many Times Do I Feed A Dog by okikiosibodu(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2017
You feed you dog less frequently as they grow, to keep their weight checked (not too fat and other too thin). You feed atleast 3times a day as a puppy and then when growing, u reduce to twice (morning and night). Some feed theirs once a day. I know a breeder that feeds his dogs once a day and that it night time (though that single meal daily is always rich..... Chicken bones grinded with that of a fish, liver, beef, egg, etc), and also skips a particular day of the week that they won't be feed. He says it helps the digestive system of the dogs.
Some people ate of the opinion that you don't feed your dog at night cos it makes them lazy, but I feel it's crap cos such dog will be hungry nd can easily be poisoned by intruders.
I think once a day is okay, and if you want to feed twice a day, you can split the ration into two, and feed morning and night. If you feed them a large ration, the undigested part will be excreted to create space for new intake and on you on pocket, that is not friendly

(1) (Reply)

I CAN BUILD A WEBSITE FOR YOUR KENNEL FOR #30K / Powerful Female Bullmastiff For Sale....call 08061241866 / Boerboel Puppies For Sale @ 90k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.