Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Be Alert At All Times. This Is Lagos The Center Of Everything Unimaginable. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Be Alert At All Times. This Is Lagos The Center Of Everything Unimaginable. (506 Views)

1 Year 6 Month Old Girl Defiled In Lagos, The Mum Sent Packing By Husband (pics) / Scam Alert At Fortunate Step Resource (gnld) Neolife / Third Mainland Suicide: The Woman At The Center Of The Story Speaks Out (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Alert At All Times. This Is Lagos The Center Of Everything Unimaginable. by Eberex(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
This is Lagos Nigeria. Where thieves are coming up with new strategies to steal. And as Lagosians, you too should be aware of their new way of stealing so you don't fall, a victim.

If a thief steals from you while you are walking, he/she is likely to be caught. So they have new ways of stealing our bags and phones.

Don't do the following while you are in a KEKE MARUWA or Damfo Bus

1. For KEKE MARUWA cases, If you are not seated at the middle, do not press or play with your mobile phone. Do not receive a call on the side of the ear facing the road.

REASONS:

Thieves on Okada (the rider and the passenger) are on the prowl for such victims. I happen to be seated at the right edge of a Keke Maruwa along college road Ogba. The road was very free. I was pressing my mobile phone in between my legs when suddenly, a hand appeared and disappeared in a split second. The thief missed. I looked up and saw an Okada with two people on it riding off. kai ! That was how my phone would have gone.

There was no chance of pursuing them because of the free traffic.

But we witnessed one last week Friday. I was in another Keke. This was on Adeniji Jones. We saw an Okada ride past us and the passenger got close to another Keke in from t of us and, before you say, Jack Robinson, he has snatched one guy's phone. The victim screamed but there was nothing that could be done.

I hope they would get caught one day, by carrying out the act in front of an armed soldier. Bang! bullet at the okada's back.

For those who love to sit at the window sides of Damfo buses. Beware also, not only from okadas, but also anyone who can walk beside the bus especially in traffic jams. Do not operate your phone at eye-level or make calls on the ear facing the window. The phone can be grabbed easily.

In Lagos, we are used to seeing agberos hopping behind damfo buses for a free ride. Beware of them too. They might look innocent if you are seated at the back seat window side. What you don't[code][/code] know is, these dudes are waiting for the opportunity to grab your phone at the slightest opportunity. All they have to do is wait for the right time. And the right time is when the bus is about to make a turn or pull over. Immediately they sense this, they grab the victims phone and bolt.

BE ALERT AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS LAGOS.
Re: Be Alert At All Times. This Is Lagos The Center Of Everything Unimaginable. by AmKen(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2017
This is Lagos, where one chance is the order of the day.
The rate at which these petty thieves operates has become alarming.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stranger Kidnaps 3-year-old Girl From School After Tricking Her Brother With N50 / N30 Million Worth Of Fake Kiwi Shoe Polish Seized In Awka / Developing The North - Courtesy The Eastern Brothers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.