Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos (1276 Views)

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) / Number Of Business Enterprises Registered In States In Nigeria / Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Most Indebted States In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
despite the whole talk of internet this, online business presence that, from my experience as an entrepreneur based in abuja, I have observed that the whole online thing really doesn't work. most companies don't even care about an online presence not because they are not aware but, coz they know its not worth it. people don't go online to find stuff, they just ask around. but is this the reality or is there something I don't know?

Update: changed my mind. I have seen the light of internet Marketing
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by CosmicJames(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
What is the point of this post @Op?
Let's start from there
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
CosmicJames:
What is the point o this post @Op?
Let's start from there
the point is I've been comparing the success of my offline marketing to my online marketing not just for one product but for several products and my online marketing seems like a waste of time. I guess you're probably a digital marketer from your signature so I feel your opinion would be biased.
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
It only works for business where you can only get the product online... when it comes to physical goods and services, people may not be that responsive.

gboxbaba:

the point is I've been comparing the success of my offline marketing to my online marketing not just for one product but for several products and my online marketing seems like a waste of time. I guess you're probably a digital marketer from your signature so I feel your opinion would be biased.
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by CosmicJames(m): 3:54am On Oct 25, 2017
gboxbaba:

I think you have a preset and regid mindset on what you want to hear.
So I won't bother.
Just continue the way you think
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
CosmicJames:

I think you have a preset and regid mindset on what you want to hear.
So I won't bother.
Just continue the way you think
Okay thank you for contributing anyway, how's kikimat working for you?
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
AfriAskMen:
It only works for business where you can only get the product online... when it comes to physical goods and services, people may not be that responsive.

Maybe you're right. I dunno. Buh its business afterall. You learn everyday. I'll keep trying everything, whichever one works fine
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
Although I've noticed here in abuja that those who patronise me as a result of my internet marketing are usually bargain hunters looking for cheap stuff
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by CosmicJames(m): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
gboxbaba:

Okay thank you for contributing anyway, how's kikimat working for you?
You're welcome
Kikimat is doing just fine.
No ads yet. But people keep joining the site daily
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
gboxbaba:

True talk op
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by CosmicJames(m): 4:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Lagosfinder:

True talk op
What makes it true?
Can you explain?
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by makurnini: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2017
I wish this thread would become livelier, so on are you trying to say online business is not good for naija and please what was your business model?
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
CosmicJames:

What makes it true?
Can you explain?
Lagos is the only state you can specifically target for online advertising an see success, you know why, lagos has an internet marketable audience
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by CosmicJames(m): 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lagosfinder:

Lagos is the only state you can specifically target for online advertising an see success, you know why, lagos has an internet marketable audience
I do not agree.
You know why?
The "internet" is not only in Lagos

Something must be done well, and in the right way for that something to be successful.

Advertise the wrong product to Lagosians,
do it wrongly and record -0% success even in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by robotix: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
gboxbaba:
despite the whole talk of internet this, online business presence that, from my experience as an entrepreneur based in abuja, I have observed that the whole online thing really doesn't work. most companies don't even care about an online presence not because they are not aware but, coz they know its not worth it. people don't go online to find stuff, they just ask around. but is this the reality or is there something I don't know?
yes there is something you don't know
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
CosmicJames:

I do not agree.
You know why?
The "internet" is not only in Lagos

Something must be done well, and in the right way for that something to be successful.

Advertise the wrong product to Lagosians,
do it wrongly and record -0% success even in Lagos
Try targeting other states through online advertising and see what am talking about.
Yes they have internet audience but its fragment
Banners, bills, stickers and local radio advertisin achieves maximum result in other states, internet advertising no join
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
gboxbaba:
Although I've noticed here in abuja that those who patronise me as a result of my internet marketing are usually bargain hunters looking for cheap stuff
My observance too here in lagos
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Lagosfinder:

Try targeting other states through online advertising and see what am talking about.
Yes they have internet audience but its fragment
Banners, bills, stickers and local radio advertisin achieves maximum result in other states, internet advertising no join
okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed it. though what I feel is abuja is not a very populated place so there are major markets where you can get stuff, you just need to drive through 3 major markets and you'll find what you're looking for.
but Lagos is very populated you can't drive through the whole Lagos looking for stuff it will be stressful, so online stuff is actually solving a problem in Lagos, unlike abuja where online search for goods and services is only done if you're too lazy to go to a major market, or you just want to get an idea of the price before you go to the market to buy.
also somewhere like abuja here it's very easy to put up banners and billboards at major entrances into the main abuja city and you will reach a very wide audience infact 80% of abuja residents will see your advert. but in Lagos there's no major town or city centre everywhere is a beehive of commerce, banner advertising won't get to a sizeable audience. just my analysis sha
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
robotix:
yes there is something you don't know
well why don't you tell me what I don't know, I'd love to learn from you
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 9:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
makurnini:
I wish this thread would become livelier, so on are you trying to say online business is not good for naija and please what was your business model?
well what I feel is firstly online business will easily thrive in Lagos than in any other state in Nigeria not even abuja.
secondly from my experience in these other states if you must sell online and be successful it is best to sell services (because there are no markets where people sell services, services are usually sold through word of mouth, imagine you need someone to install aluminum cladding panels on your building is there a market where you can select from several cladding installers that you know? I don't think so) and products where your product's price is cheaper than market price
then thirdly about my business model I fabricate low cost 3d Signage and I get jobs for people who do handwork . my online marketing model is through olx, jiji and several other online business listing sites, I also use google AdWord, and Google business listing and so far the only one that has brought me customers is olx
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 10:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Why online advertisin hardly works in other states is cuz their internet audience are fragmented and the lack of trust on internet biz
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by gboxbaba(m): 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lagosfinder:
Why online advertisin hardly works in other states is cuz their internet audience are fragmented and the lack of trust on internet biz
true talk all these scammer boys have also worsened the situation. even I personally after a recent encounter with scammers I am now more skeptical about anything online patronage.
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello, I just created a "Business Lounge" WhatsApp group, if you are interested send a message on WhatsApp: 08039194272 (just type Business Lounge and I would immediately add you)

It is a group where Self Employed and Business Men can offer tips to each other in real time.

gboxbaba:

Maybe you're right. I dunno. Buh its business afterall. You learn everyday. I'll keep trying everything, whichever one works fine
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by larrydan: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Yea, the internet can be unpredictable when it comes to advertising. You know your story reminds me about one of my friends, also an entrepreneur in a small province in France. He struggled a lot in the beginning to advertise his products and even though a lot of people recommended him to go online he didn't see much of a result from it. Until he found an article about clicktracker that helped him understand how to track his online business and all of his visitors. You could check it out as well, I'm sure you will find useful information.
Re: Why Internet Marketing Does Not Work In Other States In Nigeria Besides Lagos by goodspeed963(m): 9:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
larrydan:
Yea, the internet can be unpredictable when it comes to advertising. You know your story reminds me about one of my friends, also an entrepreneur in a small province in France. He struggled a lot in the beginning to advertise his products and even though a lot of people recommended him to go online he didn't see much of a result from it. Until he found an article about clicktracker that helped him understand how to track his online business and all of his visitors. You could check it out as well, I'm sure you will find useful information.
nice looking site btw

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Custormers For Your Business / Court Orders Forfeiture Of $4.8m Properties Linked To Diezani / Sell Your Paypal Funds To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.