Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Gogreen Africa Initiative - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gogreen Africa Initiative (4904 Views)

Export Commodities Initiative Corner / Light Up Africa Initiative / One Lagosian One Farm Initiative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by DeLaRue: 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
World1, I take inspiration from reading your exploits. Well done.

I would be interested in buying the type of greenhouse in the 4th picture, for growing seedlings.

Is it available to buy from you?

Pls be assured that this is a serious enquiry. Thank you.
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2017
DeLaRue:
World1, I take inspiration from reading your exploits. Well done.

I would be interested in buying the type of greenhouse in the 4th picture, for growing seedlings.

Is it available to buy from you?

Pls be assured that this is a serious enquiry. Thank you.
Thanks. Please connect with me on Zero8065220074 so I can link you up with the manufacturer.
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2017
[quote author=yemtos10 post=62557612]

add me 09050233827[/quote
Ok. Your name?
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by funstufz: 12:28am On Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, I remembered the day...

world1:
Agriculture has contributed to Africa’s development and poverty reduction. Business incubation, mentorship, and the power of ICT and technology must be harnessed for the continuing growth of the sector.

Let's do Agric it pays
Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
Executive Director
GoGreen Africa Initiative
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by Dmayor7(m): 12:49am On Nov 21, 2017
world1:

I just called you now zero8065220074

Ok, I will contact you via what's app soon.

thanks
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by yemtos10: 8:30am On Nov 21, 2017
[quote author=world1 post=62564762][/quote]
edward
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
LET'S GET OUR YOUTH POSITIVELY ENGAGED

Africa’s youth are leaving rural areas to seek jobs in cities, a migration that could see Africa with a shortage of farmers in the future.

Given that agriculture is one of the continent’s biggest economic sectors, generating broad economic development and providing much of the population with food, this poses a serious threat to the future of farming and to meeting the demands of a rapidly growing urban population.

Growing youth unemployment, ageing farmers and declining crop yields under traditional farming systems mean engaging youth in agriculture should be our priority.

Let's do Agric it pays
AdeniyiSola Bunmi
Executive Director

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
BEFORE YOU VENTURE INTO AGRIBUSINESS .....GET INFORMED

Inadequate or lack of information affects a lot of farmers and it makes us miss out on new and improved methods available in the sector.

People living in the rural areas face even bigger challenges because they have no way of accessing the most basic information on farming. In Africa most people practice farming as a way of life and not as a business because they don‘t know how to improve their yields, have right information on how to get better inputs for both crop and livestock farms or how to perform simple record keeping.

They also miss out on affordable but effective farming methods such as organic farming, crop rotation and irrigation. Farming then ends up being bothersome due to the constant low yields and losses brought by lack of information. Don't start what you don't understand, endeavour to learn the business of Agriculture.

Let's do Agric it pays.

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2017
Rebranding of agriculture needs to occur from a very early age of someone’s life.

Our programme tagged FEEDS will assist in changing young learners perceptions of agriculture by targeting school going children between the ages of 6-25 years. The programme will helped schools establish school gardens that are used as learning tools, produce food for the school, and eventually become learning grounds for the parents and the wider community.

Let's do Agric it pays.

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
The agricultural sector is a sector with viable opportunities for young people to tap into.

Agribusiness is a goldmine and so, we have mapped out strategies of getting young people involve in the green business through the GOGREEN AFRICAN INITIATIVE.

Let's do Agric it pays.

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Most people still view agriculture as a dead-end career that entails life-long labour on a farm. However, it does not have to be this way.

Let's do Agric it pays.

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
On behalf of all of us here at GoGreen Africa Initiative i wish to say Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure! Remember this day, the sense of pride and accomplishment that you take from it. Use that to move toward your next big goal. Congratulations.

Let's do Agric it pays

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by funstufz: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2017
nice one...well done bro
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by Holycity(f): 1:32pm On Nov 23, 2017
Interested 08092600536
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by ogunbiyi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2017
Add me to the telegram group 08073960051
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by cjay4luv: 7:49am On Nov 24, 2017
I attend one of your programs tagged YABDI in 2015..it was really inspirational.May God continue to strengthen you.please add me on your telegraph group.07038513761
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by cjay4luv: 7:49am On Nov 24, 2017
I attended one of your programs tagged YABDI in 2015..it was really inspirational.May God continue to strengthen you.please add me on your telegraph group.07038513761
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by yemtos10: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=world1 post=62564762][/quote]

still waiting
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2017
funstufz:
nice one...well done bro
Thanks
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2017
cjay4luv:
I attended one of your programs tagged YABDI in 2015..it was really inspirational.May God continue to strengthen you.please add me on your telegraph group.07038513761
Thanks. Just click on the link in my signature it will take you to our telegram group.
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
yemtos10:

still waiting
Thanks. Just click on the link in my signature it will take you to our telegram group.
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2017
ogunbiyi:
Add me to the telegram group 08073960051
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Holycity:
Interested 08092600536
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Join me tomorrow 28/11/2017 at the University of Ibadan as the atmosphere of the prestigious faculty of Agriculture is going to be lit, superb, scintillating and absolutely filled with moments of revitalization as the students of the faculty would be baptized with agribusiness tips, solutions and initiatives that will liven up their dreams.

The only way to develop the Agriculture sector is through youth inclusion.

Let's do Agric it pays
AdeniyiSolaBunmi
Executive Director

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by world1(m): 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Changing the negative perception the youth have about participation in agriculture, seeing (farmers) as uneducated, unskilled, physical labourers with extremely low economic return. Modern agriculture is more than tilling the soil and animals. The sector today offers career opportunities in research, environment, financial management, engineering and other technical areas for the youth to explore.

Let's do Agric it pays
Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
Executive Director

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by mogisifarms17(m): 7:39am On Dec 14, 2017
world1:
Changing the negative perception the youth have about participation in agriculture, seeing (farmers) as uneducated, unskilled, physical labourers with extremely low economic return. Modern agriculture is more than tilling the soil and animals. The sector today offers career opportunities in research, environment, financial management, engineering and other technical areas for the youth to explore.

Let's do Agric it pays
Adeniyi Sola Bunmi
Executive Director

Am a pioneer set of this great initiative which has made me setup my farm in Delta State.
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by ijames: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
08157480656 pls add me
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by Olanivalue(m): 8:49am On Dec 15, 2017
Add me 08097331967
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by Abbeybell: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2017
please add me 08058537831
Re: Gogreen Africa Initiative by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2018
Please add me 07069720649

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Feasibility Study For Raising 200 Broilers / 45-50kg/h Semi-automatic Cashew Shelling Machine For Sale / Making It Big From Kosso Wood Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.