Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma (3185 Views)

The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 8:50am On Oct 25, 2017
I got a job beginning of this month and the pay is not much but I decided to take it up rather than staying idle, coupled with the fact that I am squatting too. Now yesterday, I got a call from a recruitment firm who I've had 3 interviews with, their client inclusive that I have been selected and the company will send in the details (offer letter and resumption date). Now the company will pay almost double of my previous salary, other incentives and bonus abound(I believe). I called the recruitment agency back and informed them that I haven't gotten any mail from the company yet and they told me that the company will do that, but they don't know when. Now my predicament is that I need to tender my resignation and train someone to take over from me at least one week before I leave to avoid stories about my salary. But I haven't received any mail yet from the company since yesterday after the call. I don't know the possible resumption date as the month is coming to an end and I can't tender my resignation yet as I haven't gotten any mail. Please, what can I possibly do in this situation?
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by kunlesufyan(m): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2017
wow!! Tough one, You will have to negotiate with the new company to give you time to resign well. They should know implications of not resigning properly.
Please dont quit your present job until you are very sure about the new one, this same thing happened to my frnd.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by microscopic: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2017
Pray
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2017
kunlesufyan:
wow!! Tough one, You will have to negotiate with the new company to give you time to resign well. They should know implications of not resigning properly.
Please dont quit your present job until you are very sure about the new one, this same thing happened to my frnd.

When they asked my notice period during the interview, I said immediately as I was unemployed then. Still waiting for their mail. I don't want to loose this opportunity. The interview process was a tough one and I don't want to be replaced with a back-up

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2017
wait till you get te mail from them, simple!!!!!!!!!! meanwhile start training someone
Lifeisunfair:
I got a job beginning of this month and the pay is not much but I decided to take it up rather than staying idle, coupled with the fact that I am squatting too. Now yesterday, I got a call from a recruitment firm who I've had 3 interviews with, their client inclusive that I have been selected and the company will send in the details (offer letter and resumption date). Now the company will pay almost double of my previous salary, other incentives and bonus abound(I believe). I called the recruitment agency back and informed them that I haven't gotten any mail from the company yet and they told me that the company will do that, but they don't know when. Now my predicament is that I need to tender my resignation and train someone to take over from me at least one week before I leave to avoid stories about my salary. But I haven't received any mail yet from the company since yesterday after the call. I don't know the possible resumption date as the month is coming to an end and I can't tender my resignation yet as I haven't gotten any mail. Please, what can I possibly do in this situation?
if the mail comes and you have received your pay give the present company half pay in lieu

5 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 9:09am On Oct 25, 2017
microscopic:
Pray

I am praying
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2017
Gaybu:
wait till you get te mail from them, simple!!!!!!!!!! meanwhile start training someone
if the mail comes and you have received your pay give the present company half pay in lieu

I can't train someone without my boss' consent. She has to be aware and I haven't tendered the resignation yet. I need the money for transport and feeding. Have almost spent more than I earn.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 25, 2017
Desperate Times calls for desperate measures. Then inform her that you are going once you see the mail or you act like a typical Nigerian and do otherwise
Lifeisunfair:

I can't train someone without my boss' consent. She has to be aware and I haven't tendered the resignation yet. I need the money for transport and feeding. Have almost spent more than I earn.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 9:39am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

See, forget all these stories you have to train someone for a week, whatever happens, the way i am seeing it, the month has ended and you'll get your pay soon, except they don't pay early. Keep mute, don't even let your current employer know you've got an offer on the way.
Once the offer come, move. Phew.
If you've sign an agreement, you can always make a refund of that amount if you need to.
More-so, you wont be needing a reference from them as your prospective employer doesnt know you are working already,.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 25, 2017
spot on
siobh:

See, forget all these stories you have to train someone for a week, whatever happens, the way i am seeing it, the month has ended and you'll get your pay soon, except they don't pay early. Keep mute, don't even let your current employer know you've got an offer on the way.
If you've sign an agreement, you can always make a refund of that amount if you need to.
More-so, you wont be needing a reference from them as your prospective employer doesnt know you are working already,.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

More-so, you wont be needing a reference from them as your prospective employer doesn't know you are working already,.

I. I am the only employee and I was trained before the previous person left.
2. I don't think she pays early
3. Integrity demands I don't leave her business in a glitch
4. I don't want to loose the opportunity cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

I. I am the only employee and I was trained before the previous person left.
2. I don't think she pays early
3. Integrity demands I don't leave her business in a glitch
4. I don't want to loose the opportunity cry cry cry
Lol, your case hard.
How much is the money? You will make more in your new place.
I guess, you still need to ball out on her whatever the case it.
Integrity doesn't matter much if she wanna fire you.
Employer and employee relationship is not a romantic one.
I am in your shoe currently, i have given a month notice and we have 2weeks left.
But in my case, the new employer gave me the grace.
So, if you cant get the grace, run off.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

Lol, your case hard.
How much is the money? You will make more in your new place.
I guess, you still need to ball out on her whatever the case it.
Integrity doesn't matter much if she wanna fire you.
Employer and employee relationship is not a romantic one.
I am in your shoe currently, i have given a month notice and we have 2weeks left.
But in my case, the new employer gave me the grace.
So, if you cant get the grace, run off.

Lol. My case is undeniably hard. The money is basic thing paid to most graduates(you can guess grin). I need that money even though is not much to see me through next month. I hope I get the mail asap as I've been refreshing my mail since yesterday. Methinks they will like me to start beginning of the month but I am not certain. May God help me sad

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by BlueRayDick: 10:12am On Oct 25, 2017
Just chill, get the offer letter and resign your current appointment. Never be in a haste to resign your current employment in the hope of getting an offer.

Let me share with you my own experience. When I was done with NYSC I applied for so many jobs in my field and was going for interviews and tests like twice a week. I had like 3 companies I was eyeing. So I was called to resume in one of the companies which I saw as a small company. I was reluctant to go because I was expecting offer from the bigger company, but since the small company expected me to resume immediately, I had no choice but to resume the next day after collecting my offer letter.

Fast forward, I was called by the bigger company not to come and resume, but for another round of interview. By then I already had 4 months job experience.

Imagine if I had declined the small company's offer and waited at home, that would have been the same way I will be frustrated sitting at home checking my mail and phone 24/7 for the next 4 months, only to be called for another round of interview. And the funniest thing, I latter got to know the so called small company is not as small as I had thought as an outsider. I've never regretted joining them.

What am saying is, just wait till the much sought after offer comes and you can make your move.

12 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2017
@BlueRayDick
Thats what she needs to understand.
If you fee the new place offers you the kind of career you want, move.
That place she works self smells of one man buz.
It reeks of pains and uncertainty.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2017
BlueRayDick:
Just chill, get the offer letter and resign your current appointment. Never be in a haste to resign your current employment in the hope of getting an offer.

Let me share with you my own experience. When I was done with NYSC I applied for so many jobs in my field and was going for interviews and tests like twice a week. I had like 3 companies I was eyeing. So I was called to resume in one of the companies which I saw as a small company. I was reluctant to go because I was expecting offer from the bigger company, but since the small company expected me to resume immediately, I had no choice but to resume the next day after collecting my offer letter.

Fast forward, I was called by the bigger company not to come and resume, but for another round of interview. By then I already had 4 months job experience.

Imagine if I had declined the small company's offer and waited at home, that would have been the same way I will be frustrated sitting at home checking my mail and phone 24/7 for the next 4 months, only to be called for another round of interview. And the funniest thing, I latter got to know the so called small company is not as small as I had thought as an outsider. I've never regretted joining them.

What am saying is, just wait till the much sought after offer comes and you can make your move.

That was insightful. In another scenario, a friend of mine was called to resume in a firm on a friday. Meanwhile, she has already tendered her resignation before the call and friday was her last day with her company. She begged the prospective employer to give her that friday to round up so that she can resume on Monday. The prospective employer didn't acquiesce to her request because he said they needed someone to start immediately, but he said he will keep her in view of future openings. She lost the job which was double of her previous salary.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

Lol. My case is undeniably hard. The money is basic thing paid to most graduates(you can guess grin). I need that money even though is not much to see me through next month. I hope I get the mail asap as I've been refreshing my mail since yesterday. Methinks they will like me to start beginning of the month but I am not certain. May God help me sad
Lol, relax.
Watch things unfold by itself.
I believe it will just come out perfect.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:
@BlueRayDick
Thats what she needs to understand.
If you fee the new place offers you the kind of career you want, move.
That place she works self smells of one man buz.
It reeks of pains and uncertainty.

Yes. It is one man business but in line with my career path. Prospective company is bigger and also in line with my career path.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

Lol, relax.
Watch things unfold by itself.
I believe it will just come out perfect.

I will be strong and be positive. Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

I will be strong and be positive. Thank you cheesy
That guessing of graduate money is relative o.
Youll marvel at some graduate salary if you hear the figures.
Lifeisunfair:

Yes. It is one man business but in line with my career path. Prospective company is bigger and also in line with my career path.
Madam, just wait patiently for the offer.
So far they reached out, youve gotten the job(I almost killed myself after doing medicals and didnt receive offer after two weeks, but it came).
They may have internal issues being sorted out.
Just keep doing your job as if nothing is happening.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

That guessing of graduate money is relative o.
Youll marvel at some graduate salary if you hear the figures.

Count your five fingers grin
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 10:43am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

Count your five fingers grin
lol, i wont collect from your money na.
Ok, can you mail it??
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 25, 2017
yOUR FRIEND IS NOT SMART, YOU CAN LIE TO THE FORMER EMPLOY OR CALL IN SICK AND MOVE TO RESUME IN THE OTHER ORGANISATION
Lifeisunfair:

That was insightful. In another scenario, a friend of mine was called to resume in a firm on a friday. Meanwhile, she has already tendered her resignation before the call and friday was her last day with her company. She begged the prospective employer to give her that friday to round up so that she can resume on Monday. The prospective employer didn't acquiesce to her request because he said they needed someone to start immediately, but he said he will keep her in view of future openings. She lost the job which was double of her previous salary.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2017
siobh:

lol, i wont collect from your money na.
Ok, can you mail it??

You still don't dig? Ahhh.. grin shocked
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by siobh: 11:02am On Oct 25, 2017
Abeg,
Carry your wahala dey go.
lol
Lifeisunfair:

You still don't dig? Ahhh.. grin shocked
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by BlueRayDick: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

That's sad. That was a big dilemma for her. I guess she didn't ask for people's opinion, if she did the problem could've been solved from ideas she will get from people who has been in similar positions before.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by BlueRayDick: 11:22am On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

@bolded that is not always true. In fact, that is why you are anxious when you should be relaxed. Some standard organizations can call you to come and resume anytime, whether beginning of the month or not.

I remember resuming 15th of the month and getting salary on the 23rd(half month salary prorated). Aswear I shock grin grin I just dey shine teeth upandan.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 11:27am On Oct 25, 2017
BlueRayDick:

@bolded that is not always true. In fact, that is why you are anxious when you should be relaxed. Some standard organizations can call you to come and resume anytime, whether beginning of the month or not.

I remember resuming 15th of the month and getting salary on the 23rd(half month salary prorated). Aswear I shock grin grin I just dey shine teeth upandan.

You are right. Trying to calm my anxiety
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by westlius(m): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:

my dear kip calm hold the job u have now while waiting for the other, if d oda comes u can ask for 3-5 days to sort out form ur old job. d new coy will grant u. they will even b happy u leaving a coy for dem and please don't tell u boss u leaving because u may get fired for nofin
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by clerkent(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
Lifeisunfair:
where are you currently, I would like to come and replace you.
Re: Please Help! I Am In A Dilemma by Lifeisunfair: 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
clerkent:
where are you currently, I would like to come and replace you.

Is a female role. Sorry

(1) (2) (Reply)

SCAM NCS RECRUITMENT ALERT BEWARE! / BAT Recruitments / Help:i Need Format 4 Maersk Shipping Company (aptitude Test)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.