Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court (12043 Views)

Olisa Metuh's Stretcher In Ambulance To Court: Nigerians React (Photos) / Olisa Metuh Appears In Court On A Stretcher In Ambulance (Photos) / Metuh’s Trial: Court Orders Jonathan To Appear On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by celebsnes: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2017
The Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has failed to appear before Justice Okon Abang, as the court begins sitting in the case of money laundering between the Federal Government and a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh.

The Federal High Court had earlier ordered President Goodluck Jonathan to today appear before it, to testify as a witness in defence of Metuh.

But the court which is presided over by Justice Abang struck out the application filed by Colonel Sambo Dasuki, seeking to set aside the order of the court compelling him to appear before it as a defence witness.

Justice Abang in his ruling struck out the application on the ground that Colonel Dasuki is not a party in the case before him and as such the court lacks jurisdiction to entertain the application.

The Court adds that entertaining the application will amount to an invitation to judicial anarchy.

Meanwhile, the Registrar of the Court has just informed the court that the bailiff is yet to serve the former President with the order of the court.

The former President was to appear as a defence witness in the suit filed by the Federal Government against Metuh.

Mr Metuh is facing trial for allegedly receiving N400 million out of the $2.1 billion dollars arms fund from the former National Security Adviser to Dr Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki

Metuh’s lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu had earlier told the court that he would subpoena the former President as his defence witness during a session at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday.

Ikpeazu said further that a letter has already been written to the former President Jonathan but he was yet to respond.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/25/breaking-metuhs-trial-jonathan-fails-to-appear-before-court/

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by celebsnes: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2017
Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Paperwhite(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2017
That one no be yarns again nah.If Buhari and the APC government have countlessly shown impunity to the Nigerian constitution and court orders on numerous legal cases then I don't see any sound reasoning for Jonathan to obey same order on a case fashioned out just to smear his image.Let he that has no sin be the first to cast a stone.I rise.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Celcius: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2017
...and nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Nne5: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2017
Bubu started all these.

Meanwhile smething is just telling me to stand infront of this soldier and call him soldier ant.

10 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Paperwhite(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2017
[/b]Mr Metuh is facing trial for allegedly receiving N400 million out of the $2.1 billion dollars arms fund from the former National Security Adviser to Dr Jonathan, Colonel Sambo Dasuki
Justice Abang in his ruling struck out the application on the ground that Colonel Dasuki is not a party in the case before him and as such the court lacks jurisdiction to entertain the application."[b]

How can Abang's court claimed that Metuh received money from Dasuki and the same time dismissed the latter as a witness in the case?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:34am On Oct 25, 2017
Before nko? Was anyone expecting him to appear

9 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 25, 2017
All I can say is it alright

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by fellowman: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2017
was Jonathan served with any Court notice to appear in court?

biggest question ever.

17 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by TI1919(m): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Paperwhite:
That one no be yarns again nah.If Buhari and the APC government have countlessly shown impunity to the Nigerian constitution and court orders on numerous legal cases then I don't see any sound reasoning for Jonathan to obey same order on a case fashioned out just to smear his image.Let he that has no sin be the first to cast a stone.I rise.
grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by father01: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2017
i'm wait to hear if Dansuki Appeared

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2017
When the same court ordered buhari to release dasuki and nnamdi Kanu from detention did he obey it?Even the ECOWAS court order that dasuki should be released and compensated was turned down by the impunity president of the north.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by ojmaroni247(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2017
Okon abang.... APC judge.... If I strangle u eh

6 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by brainpulse: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2017
The greatest crook ever liveth that plunged Nigeria to these mess

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by XXLDICK(m): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2017
Hero of democracy indeed

Jonathan and Buhari are very stupid but the stupidest of them all are the oppressed that keep defending their persecutors on daily basis.

Why are we like this
Paperwhite:

"Let he that has no sin be the first to cast a stone". But you keep castigating Buhari. I guess you have no sin.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by eleojo23: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2017
Because GEJ is an easy going person, they think they can rough handle him anyhow.

When Buhari and his gang are masters of impunity...

Mtcheww...

10 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Atiku2019: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Sunnycliff(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2017
How do they expect him to appear before courts? Have Jubrin ever obeyed court orders before?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Israelfx2(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
But did u not see where the bailiff said he has not been severed with the summons? How can he appear without been served a court summon? Is this how low we have gotten?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by blackboy2star(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
I'M NOT SURPRISED...

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by bunmioguns(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
Just here to read comments

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by eleojo23: 11:47am On Oct 25, 2017
blackboy2star:
I'M NOT SURPRISED...

Jonathan doesn't want to stoop so low to become a part of APC's ridiculous comedy circus show

They are fighting corruption indeed...sad

7 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Dandsome: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2017
Why should he appear when pmb didn't show his certificate?

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Hofbrauhaus(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2017
I'd have been disappointed if Jonathan showed up in court...The court dey mad?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by oz4real83(m): 11:48am On Oct 25, 2017
Everybody is protecting himself. If Gej testifys for metuh or dasuki,he indirectly extricates them from the crimes and also indicts himself!!!

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2017
Obasanjo, Buhari, IBB, Abdulsalam have never appeared in court despite summons. Why should Jonathan ?

Lawless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Sunnycliff(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2017
brainpulse:
The greatest crook ever liveth that plunged Nigeria to these mess

Easiest way to spot a zombie. He never read that the bailiff is yet to serve him the court summons

10 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Israelfx2(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2017
Paperwhite:
Did u not read where the bailiff said he has not been served?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by KingsleyCEO: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2017
This is getting bigger.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by AmwithAtiku2019: 11:49am On Oct 25, 2017
we dey observe

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court by Charly68: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2017
If he appears what would he say? That he ordered the sharing and distribution of state fund for his own personal political campaign..they would have told him the shame will be too much Oga if you attend the court session..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Women Protest Against 11% Representation In Governor Dapo Abiodun's Cabinet / Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension / Bagudu, Zulum, Oyegun, Others Eulogise Fayemi At Valedictory Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.