Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA (1018 Views)

Asa Or Nneka? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by Orikinla(m): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
Nneka is 2010’s First Breakout Artist to perform on “The Late Show with David Letterman” on February 3rd.

“…righteously bold and heartbreakingly fragile.”
-SPIN, 10 To Watch in 2010

“Nneka…is pure hotness.”
-Rolling Stone

Nneka had a successful US tour from January 27th to Valentine's Day. It was called the Concrete Jungle Tour and launched her stateside debut album that was released on February 2nd.
The tour took her to 14 cities across the US, including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
Nneka made her US late night television debut on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” on February 3rd.
Rolling Stone selected her as an Artist to Watch in 2010, and her video for “The Uncomfortable Truth” has been getting regular spins on both BET and MTV.

Shot throughout the course of her recent November 2009 visit to the US, the Who Is Nneka? video is an intimate look at the artist.
“My main message is to wake people up,” Nneka said.  “To make them feel themselves; to make them feel their spirit; to be in touch with their innermost.”

From the critical acclaim of her recent collaborative mixtape The Madness (Onye-Ala) with DJ and producer extraordinaire J.Period to her sold-out performances with The Roots in NYC, Nneka’s certainly only just getting started.

“There’s so much that I, myself, have to learn in my life…and there’s still much that I do not know. At the same time I’m sharing my music with people, [I’m] learning from that sharing.”

Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by tayoast(m): 10:35pm On Mar 15, 2010
hw abt a 9ja tour??
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by AloyEmeka5: 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
tayo_ast:

hw abt a 9ja tour??

Lol, You wan kidnap her? wink wink wink wink
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by tayoast(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^lai lai!!

she's my gurl
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by riversman: 3:32am On Mar 16, 2010
why are u posting a this when the TOUR was over in FEB, hisss

anyways, ROlling Stones Magazine will be showcasing Nnneka at SXSW music fest in Austin, TX, i cant wait to see her again,
Nneka also performs in Philly on June 6th with THE ROOTS,
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by ofokaofoki: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2010
she's nice wit it.
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by Orikinla(m): 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2010
For those who are yet to see WHO IS NNEKA, see it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1ktGxKDp4s

Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by ofokaofoki: 9:11am On Mar 17, 2010
she cool no doubt/
Re: Nneka's Concrete Jungle Tour In The USA by Orikinla(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
Update on Nneka

“Nneka’s voice is the resounding instrument of hope” - Pop Matters

"…a starmaker in any language." - Spin Magazine

SXSW Shows:

Wed March 17, 5:00 PM, KUT Live Broadcast @ Austin Convention Center - Day Stage

Thurs March 18, 1:45 PM, SIN/Sony Music International Event @ Antones

Thurs March 18, 9:30 PM, Hotel Café Showcase @ The Parish

Fri March 19, 12:00 PM, Filter Magazine Reception @ Cedar Street Courtyard

Fri March 19, 1:00 AM, Rolling Stone Showcase @ Beauty Bar Annex at the Palm Door

Sat March 20, 2:00 PM Reeperbahn Festival BBQ @ The Texas Embassy

(1) (Reply)

Cool Dance Songs To Bring In The New Year On This Statutory Holiday / Samklef Noni got new track - Paradise (Better than Molowo noni?) / Choc Boys Or Eme Boys For Hennessy Artistry 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.