Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan (14787 Views)

Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints / Lai Mohammed's Letter To Fashola On Jonathan's 2013 Visit To Lagos / Why I Walked Out On Jonathan – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Bobby808: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
olatade:
Can't wait for the 5 days to lapse
How I wish I can fast forward the five days.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by able20(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=XXLDICK post=61757546]Nice one from the judge, there should be no sacred cow
In there dreams! The jokers can't even bring Ekpemupolo, aka( Tompolo) to court.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by maasoap(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
oruma19:
Jonathan is above the law as far as babangida is above the law. Ordinary odili could not be invited for once how much more Jonathan. He was stupid when in power but we are not fona allow tgis humiliation. Invite babangida, abdulsalam , obasanjo before u invite Jonathan. Nonsense
Did Metuh list them as witnesses too.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Bobby808: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Subpoena koo; Poenasub nii. Zombies, Did Buhari appear before Oputa panel when he was summoned?

Former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), declared Friday he would not appear before the Human Rights Violation Investigations Commission (HRVIC) unless the law establishing it was reviewed.

He gave the condition in an interview on the Hausa Service of Voice of America (VOA) monitored in Kaduna.
I have not seen any government openly praying for trouble. Five days to GEJ to appear just because GEJ can be oppressed any time they like. That time is gone. How I wished I can fast forward the five to be tommorow. Useless government. Every normal leader should only pray for peace, but in the case of the blood tasty Fulani Buhari would always want problems upon his citizens.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
XXLDICK:
Nice one from the judge, there should be no sacred cow
Madness dey your generation
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by BabaRamota1980: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
ruggedtimi:
trying to pronounce this word "subpoena" for ten years now

grin grin
I tell you, some English words go make person teeth scatter. Just pronounce am like we do in Yorubaland.

Subpoena - Sopina

1 Like

Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=ruggedtimi post=61757592]trying to pronounce this word "subpoena" for ten
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Bobby808: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
veraponpo:

Eni to bi omo oran ni yo pan meaning he that gives birth to an evil child must back him or her.

Jonathan has put himself in trouble. He was ordering the looting of our general patrimony. Asking them to go to CBN with brief cases to pack dollars.

He must come to the court and be jailed if found culpable.

Now he will know the meaning of corruption. He was confused before.

STEALING IS NOW CORRUPTION.

I pity you. You think it is only the Fulanis Buhari inclusive can fomant trouble abi? Mark somewhere in your bedroom, GEJ is not atending any court. I nor blame una. Na the people of the south south I dey blame. Can you imagine any northener giving five day to Buhari or another president to appears in court?
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by OpinionCounts(m): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nigerian judiciary system always inventing new ways of embarrassing and ridiculing themselves. Why start what you can't finish? We all know GEJ will never appear in any god damn court and nothing, absolutely nothing!! will happen. So why make urself a laughing stock for public riddicle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
maasoap:

Education sometimes could be powerless in the face of deceit.
Right from the day one, even before charging him to court, Metuh had it clear that Jonathan gave the order that the money should be released to him to help him (Jonathan) carry out an assignment. So, Metuh wanted Jona in court, nothing to do with criticism.
Jonathan himself has not been charged for corruption. They gave Metuh options of plea bargaining, when others were taking the offer, he was forming Bruce Lee saying that he merely ran an errand for Jonathan.
nice epistle but the fact remains that GEJ will not appear and nothing will happen
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by fyneguy: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
grin grin Funny comments

The Defendant, Metuh, asked the court to invite Jonathan as his WITNESS grin grin; how's that the fault of Buhari?

Jonathan is not facing trial. His Party man only needs his favour as a witness grin grin grin

Is that too much to ask for?

By the way, since he's subpoenaed, he has to appear in court grin

3 Likes

Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by fyneguy: 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2017
belindar:
All I know is that you cannot force a witness to testify.

Are you kidding? grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by udeeze76: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by isaacsegun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
That metuh must be a very sharp guy,he knew that Gej will never appear in court in which that alone will mark the end of the case. Now i have wise,it was before that i use to support Buhari in terms of corruption fighting under the previous administration,but i can see that Buhari is an hypocrite because the corruption in his government presently is more than that of Gej. #FreeMetuh
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by fyneguy: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
isaacsegun:
That metuh must be a very sharp guy,he knew that Gej will never appear in court in which that alone will mark the end of the case. Now i have wise,it was before that i use to support Buhari in terms of corruption fighting under the previous administration,but i can see that Buhari is an hypocrite because the corruption in his government presently is more than that of Gej. #FreeMetuh

crap
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by zoedew: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
OnankpaBa:
lol...Jonathan landing in Kuje soon

Really? In this country where it took the British Judicial System to make Ibori go to jail for stealing from Delta State He misgoverned.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by billyG(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
jona shld respect himsef & appear in court,no 1 is going 2 kill him.is he no longer a "democrat" that must obey d rule of law?
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by daddyp76(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
GEJ will not appear in court and nothing will happen.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by daddyp76(m): 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
THis government is more corrupt than the previous government and they should allow him to rest.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by oruma19: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
maasoap:

Did Metuh list them as witnesses too.
was babangida not subpoenad to oputa panel, did he go? Wasn't the panel a legal arrangement too? Stop all tgis nonsense u guys are doing in Nigeria, this is not animal farm that the law is changed for the powerful and halved for the masses.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by starz100: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bobby808:
I have not seen any government openly praying for trouble. Five days to GEJ to appear just because GEJ can be oppressed any time they like. That time is gone. How I wished I can fast forward the five to be tommorow. Useless government. Every normal leader should only pray for peace, but in the case of the blood tasty Fulani Buhari would always want problems upon his citizens.
God bless you sir.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Hifyifeanyi(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bombing go soon start if this buhari nor take tym tongue
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
realjoker:
To those who once called GEJ hero of democracy and at the same time kick against him appearing in a legal court of law as witness are demented dunce.

Demented dunce yes, no need to say or argue anything with you cause your statement exposed you big time., wedun.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by GuidoVanRossum: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
ruggedtimi:

Supeena
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by edemsimeon: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
DO NOT TROUBLE TROUBLE(S) UNTIL WHEN TROUBLE TROUBLES YOU.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by solreb: 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
grin I pity justice abang cheesy

He will not enjoy his after service and his children children will pay for his crimes against his own blood

Have you ever seen the northerners persecuting their own before, only southerners act like fools

Your anger is directed at the wrong person. It was Metuh that requested for the court to invite both Dasuki and Jonathan to come and testify as his witnesses. Justice Abang granted Metuh's request.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by Caseless: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Subpoena koo; Poenasub nii. Zombies, Did Buhari appear before Oputa panel when he was summoned?

Former Head of State, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), declared Friday he would not appear before the Human Rights Violation Investigations Commission (HRVIC) unless the law establishing it was reviewed.

He gave the condition in an interview on the Hausa Service of Voice of America (VOA) monitored in Kaduna.
which law setting up the court does Jonathan want reviewed now like Buhari said in his case? You get head so?
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by iswallker(m): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
ruggedtimi:

Subpeena.... grin

That's how u call it..
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by maasoap(m): 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
oruma19:
was babangida not subpoenad to oputa panel, did he go? Wasn't the panel a legal arrangement too? Stop all tgis nonsense u guys are doing in Nigeria, this is not animal farm that the law is changed for the powerful and halved for the masses.
Oputa panel wasn't a legal court, it couldn't compel people to make an appearance. How many times are we going to repeat this?
People who attended it did it willingly but court, you don't have options.
Re: Court Gives Bailiff Five Days Ultimatum To Serve Subpoena On Jonathan by maasoap(m): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
PaChukwudi44:

nice epistle but the fact remains that GEJ will not appear and nothing will happen
GEJ will appear, nothing will happen and Metuh will go to jail.
Igbos said more than this. The likes of Asari Dokubo said more than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AGF Malami Denies 2023 Governorship Campaign Posters / Is The PDP Certificate Of Registration With Obasanjo, Atiku Or Lamido? / Ezekwesili Reacts To NBS’ Confirmation That 21 Million Nigerians Unemployed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.