Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music (46247 Views)

Download All The Songs From Calabar/efik Rap Group Okpo Records (Upper x etc) / What Are Your Top Five 5 Favourite Songs At The Moment? / What Are Your Top 10 Favourite Songs Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by tubabie(f): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2010
@Eldee
Thanks you av been a darl kiss :- and nope I aint Edo am Yoruba
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
tubabie:

@Eldee
Thanks you av been a darl kiss :- and nope I aint Edo am Yoruba

I'm half Yoruba and half Edo . . . my dad loved Haruna Ishola and Kollington, my mum loved Victor Uwaifo and Rex Lawson . . . I preferred Victor Uwaifo because he had the whole thing about accepting a guitar from a mermaid, those myths were intriguing to me grin grin

Here's Joromi - Victor Uwaifo

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKd0pSysaf0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by tubabie(f): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^ Yeah for me the one that struck my imagination the most was the " If you see mammy water(2x) never never run away, Victor Uwaifo"
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2010
@Every

Yo . . .I'm about to lose some ajebo points here, but who has these songs; more like our street remixes.

Papa Mama school no dey
wetin happen??
Our teacher dey soak garri for class

Which kain garri . . . Ijebu garri
Cele water
American sugar

grin grin grin grin

The real lyrics are different but this was what was common in schools.

And this one . . .

Them no like me me no like dem

1 Like

Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by nellaluv(f): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
Our househelp use to rap this one for us
Papa mamma
school no dey
wetin dey happen?
Our teacher dey smoke garri for school.
which kain garri??
ijebu garri
cele water
hausa groundnut
oyinbo sugar
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 10:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
nellaluv:

Our househelp use to rap this one for us
Papa mamma
school no dey
wetin dey happen?
Our teacher dey smoke garri for school.
which kain garri??
ijebu garri
cele water
hausa groundnut
oyinbo sugar

Hehehe . . . exactly. grin grin
Do you know the original song??
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by ofokaofoki: 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
ZAAKI AZZAY YARA MAMAN SHATA REMIX
BLACK MASQUERADAZ
MC SMOKE -POVERTY

AM JAMMING THESE JEWELS ON MY IPOD
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by Krayola(m): 10:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
hahaha. nice thread. Good job, eldee. Na so so memories. . . damn!! smiley
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by nellaluv(f): 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
@ eldee, showkey bobo or daddy showkey sang d original song.
I tink it's 'congratulations, a jubilation, celebration in our nation 2x'
dats d chorus part i know.
@eldee, pls i know she's nt Nigerian, i need the link to chakachaka's song. Its goes like this 'when i wake up in the morning i feed my people with african beer' hehehe
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2010
@nellaluv
Don't want to embed a South African video here . . . but here's the link
Yvonne Chakachaka - Umqombothi (African beer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAWo_K3yNA
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
I had a nigga-moment when I found this . . . grin grin
It's relatively recent, but I loved the song to bits.

What A Mighty God - Buchi

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKF6mv4hTeQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2010
Inna New York - Majek Fashek

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOe7Ejfxpa4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 12:19am On Mar 17, 2010
troublenot:

may God Almighty reward each and every poster on this thread who have brought back this immeasurable wealth of yesteryears to fore.
chei. . . funmi adams's NIGERIA got me weeping.
kiss kiss kiss

eldee nicest thread
cool

Hehehe . . . nah, the real Legends are the guys that post them on Youtube. wink wink
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 12:21am On Mar 17, 2010
Jaylone:

Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me with the theme song of "Tales by moonlight"?

Saw on a website that NTA misplaced all the videos.
It's officially cleared from existence . . . that's how bad Nigerian public services can be.
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by TOPE20001(f): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2010
[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPXjTNQ38sw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"[/flash]
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by Genuflect(m): 1:05am On Mar 17, 2010
Abeg who get AIT theme song? Goes like AIT, AIT papa country people, Ogbonge tv for this country, Dem make plenty series
Mama papa o AIT na the station etc. Lol
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by latepa(m): 1:26am On Mar 17, 2010
my best is Blacky for all time
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by Rmc1(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2010
hi people thanks 4 posting and bringing back sweet memories of the good old days cheesy

please can any body explain how i can post u tube videos here i am so impressed thanx.
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by omoluabi1(m): 6:39am On Mar 17, 2010
@ eldee, are u eldee the don? the bigboy behind the trybe records?
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by omoluabi1(m): 6:40am On Mar 17, 2010
@ eldee, are u eldee the don? the bigboy behind the trybe records?
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 17, 2010
Ebenezer Obey - Iba Foluwa-Ajo Kodabi Ile

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en85y_ly0bo&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Oh Ebenezer, nuff respect
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 17, 2010
King Sunny Ade - M.K.O Abiola kiss

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcCLz4sLWE&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

Baba Je n s'orire
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by johnie: 7:40am On Mar 17, 2010
Has anyone got Veno Marioghae's "Nigeria Go survive" or Onyeka's "One Love"?
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by nellaluv(f): 8:21am On Mar 17, 2010
@eldee thanks
Majek fashek- mama tete oyoyo, eh oyoyo, oyoyo , sometin like dat
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by mbulela: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
a shed a tear reading this thread.
What made me cry was not just that i miss this era but the fact that Nigerian music seems to have lost its soul to vocoder and simulated beats in the name of production.
DSTV and Hitv have so taken over that the days of watching local programs and falling in love with the sound tracks, going to music shows and concerts and being mesmerized by bands and artistes seem gone for good.
This golden age is one of the few parts of growing up i keep wishing i could rewind.

Send down the rain - MAJEK
Tickle me - ALEX ZITTO
Celebrate - ALEX O
Ifeoma - FELIX LIBERTY
Rosie - BLACKKY
blackky's house - BLACKKY
999 - DANIEL WILSON
Yellow Sisi - REX LAWSON
Osondi Owendi - KING OSITA OSADEBE
Chop i chop - ETIEN T BOY
Bonsue Fuji - ADEWALE AYUBA
Wait for me - KING SUNNY ADE/ONYEKA
Black on black - TYNA ONWUDIWE
original Bad boy - DANIEL WILSON
Rat Race - MANDATORS
Conqueror - ORITZ WILIKI
kissing game - ESSE AGHESE/BLACKKY
OMO LAKEJI - DANIEL WILSON/LEMI GHARIOKWU
ACE - SHINA PETERS
UNDER PRESSURE (2) - RAS KIMONO
rain drop - ORITZ WILIKI
baby tani ko fe wa - LAGBAJA
love Adure - REX LAWSON
board members - EBENEZER OBEY

4 Likes

Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by ofokaofoki: 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
johnie:

Has anyone got Veno Marioghae's "Nigeria Go survive" or Onyeka's "One Love"?

I HAVE THIS 2 SONGS BUT THEY ARE BOTH IN MP3 NOT YOUTUBE .VIDEO

nellaluv:

@eldee thanks
Majek fashek- mama tete oyoyo, eh oyoyo, oyoyo , sometin like dat
I HAVE MAJEK FASHEK OYOYO EH OYOYO IN MP3

@MBULELA
ORITZ WILIKI -CONQUEROR AND THE ONE WITH EDDRIS ABDULKAREEM.
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by ofokaofoki: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2010
Genuflect:

Abeg who get AIT theme song? Goes like AIT, AIT papa country people, Ogbonge tv for this country, Dem make plenty series
Mama papa o AIT na the station etc. Lol

I HAVE THIS BUT IT IS IN AMR FORMAT, I RECORDED IT WIT MY PHONE THEN.
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by ofokaofoki: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
eldee:

@Eldee
Woah Dude! Did you attend AFSS ikeja

JOEYFIRE ARE U SERIOUS DID U KNOW MR MARTINS MR OGBARA AND SQUADRON LEADER OJEBOLA, SAMANJA ETC?

eldee:

Yep . . . a couple of years.
Chamotex too . . Grin Grin

What year did you leave??

ARE U SERIOUS ?
DID U KNOW MY MARTINS MR OGBARA AND SQUADRON LEADER OJEBOLA, SAMANJA ETC?
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by eldee(m): 12:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
EWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E don happen . . . myself and Ofoka once attended the same school?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ofoka, Chamotex, and Osasp??

Ofoka what happened na?? How did you manage to end up like this?? grin grin
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by sirdum: 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2010
I dare you to say you didn't love this song

Evi Edna - Hapi Birthday! Wow! back in d day if u go birthday party nd dem no play dis song na im be say gbedu neva start! Gosh I'm getting old o!
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by nellaluv(f): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
eldee: Ofoka what happened na?? How did you manage to end up like this?? grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin
Re: Favourite Songs From The Golden Age Of Nigerian Music by blackchief(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
Send down the rain - MAJEK
Tickle me - ALEX ZITTO
Celebrate - ALEX O
Ifeoma - FELIX LIBERTY
Rosie - BLACKKY
blackky's house - BLACKKY
999 - DANIEL WILSON
Yellow Sisi - REX LAWSON
Osondi Owendi - KING OSITA OSADEBE
Chop i chop - ETIEN T BOY
Bonsue Fuji - ADEWALE AYUBA
Wait for me - KING SUNNY ADE/ONYEKA
Black on black - TYNA ONWUDIWE
original Bad boy - DANIEL WILSON
Rat Race - MANDATORS
Conqueror - ORITZ WILIKI
kissing game - ESSE AGHESE/BLACKKY
OMO LAKEJI - DANIEL WILSON/LEMI GHARIOKWU
ACE - SHINA PETERS
UNDER PRESSURE (2) - RAS KIMONO
rain drop - ORITZ WILIKI
baby tani ko fe wa - LAGBAJA
love Adure - REX LAWSON
board members - EBENEZER OBEY

Additional

Still searching -  Bongos Ikuwie
one love  - onyeka  O
which way Nigeria - Sunny Okunso
Oh maryian - Bongo Ikuwie
rat race    - Manditors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 / MTV Base Releases Top 20 Hottest Naija Tracks Of 2018 / 2face & Annie Idibia - Rainbow Video [download]-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.