Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires (330208 Views)

3 Youngest Nigerian Billionaires Today.No.1 Is Lagos Island Biggest Boy(pics) / List of World Richest Billionaires. / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by consultmartins(m): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
For a long now, there has been a silent battle of who's who in Nigeria's. To quench the thirst for knowledge and put an end to this long time exaggeration, i decided to carry out an individual research. The comprehensive result of this research is what i want to share here on Nairaland.

Most of these people decided to lie low and avoid the lime light of the Forbes ranking but they are billionaires by all standards. These men and women rich to the bone. I also want to let you know that if all these men should declare their assets to Forbes, it will raise some dust for some of them and it will also create a battle for the first position between them.

The criteria for coming up with this information is this:

1.   By the value of their shares held in quoted companies.
2.   The size and market share of their companies
3.   The number of companies they own and its assumed value
4.   The market value of their company's brand
5.   Their political activities, leverage and shrewdness

Below are the movers and shakers

1.   Aliko Dangote:     Owner of Dangote Group and Forbes richest black man.
2.   Dr Mike Adenuga:      A Silent humble Billionaire, Chairman, Globacom, Equitorial Trust Bank, Conoil and others.

3.   Jimoh Ibrahim:           Global Fleet and Nicon Group, one of Africa's largest Insurance company
4.   Late Sanusi Dantata:   Largest licensed buying agent of groundnut and cement. Grand father of Aliko Dangote. He mentored and gave Aliko Dangote a loan of N500,000, excluding other settlement pay in 1976.

5.   Olorogun Michael Ibru:    The man behind the wealth of the Ibru Family.
6.   Pascal Dozie:                 Silent Billionaire, founder of Diamond Bank, MTN Nigeria Ltd etc.
7.   Late Gen Sani Abacha:    Former Head of State
8.   Rtd Gen Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida:    Former Head of State and frontline politician
9.   Umaru Abdul Mutallab:   Mutallab Group, former chairman of First Bank Plc. If not for the terrorism act of his son, nobody would have known much about this silent billionaire.

10.   Orji Uzor Kalu:             Slok Group, former Governor and frontline Politician
11.   Alhaji Shehu Dantata:           Dantata Group
12.   Femi Otedola               Chaiman of AP and owner of Zenon Oil and Gas
13.   Harry Akande:            Frontline politician and Business man.
14.   Chris Uba:                 Business man and no-nonsense political Godfather
15.   Oba Otudeka:             Honeywell Group and other companies
16.   Olusegun Obasanjo:     Former president of Nigeria, rumored to be worth about N180bn
17.    Late Maryam Babangida:   Wife of IBB, Business woman. humble, silent and stinkingly rich.
18.    Andy Uba:                 Business man, frontline politician. Owns lots of properties including two mansions in Maitama Abuja valued at N4bn each. In Maitama, a plot of land goes for nothing less than N800m.

19.   Atiku Abubakar:       Former vice President of Nigeria and frontline politician.
20.   Hajiya Dr Mariya Dantata:       Strong business woman. Very quiet about her financial status.
21.   Chief Rasaq Okoya:    Eleganza Group
22.   Cosmos Maduka:     Owner of Coscharis Group, sole distrbutor of BMW and Ford vehicles in west Africa

23.   Pastor Enoch Adeboye:  Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church Of God. Owns two Jets and ships.
24.     Alhaji Sayyu Dantata:  founder, MRS Group. Recently acquired Chevron Nigeria and Texaco
25.   Deinde Fernandez:         Nigerian business man in diaspora
26.   Late sir Mobolaji Bank Anthony:       Rich business man with over ten companies
27.   Peter Odili:                            former Governor of oil rich state, owns a jet.
28.   Bayo Ligali:           MD/CEO  Zain Nigeria, also controls other companies.
29.   Bola Ahmed Tinubu:       former Governor of Lagos state, frontline politician
30.   Raymond Dokpesi:          Owner of AIT, Daar communication, Ray power etc
31.   James Ibori:                  former Governor of Delta state
32.   Chief Cletus Ibeto:          founder and owner of the Ibeto Group
33.   Otunba Subomi Balogun:             Chaiman, FCMB
33.   Fola Adeola:                  founder GTBank
34.   Gabriel Osawuru Igbinedion:   Okada Group
35.   Jim Ovia:             founder of Zenith Bank, Visafone Telecom
36.   Dele Fajemirokun:    Chaiman, Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.
37.   Late Yinka Folawiyo:  Folawiyo Group
38.   Chief Molade Okoya Thomas:   Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies
39.   Umaru Dikko:          frontline politician
40.   Buba Marwa:          former military Governor of Lagos state
41.   Late M.K.O Abiola:   Business man and frontline politician
42.   Sir Emeka Offor:       Chrome Group, ERHC Energy inc
43.   Wale Babalakin:    Chairman, Bi-Courtney
44.   Rochas Okorocha:         Business man
45.   Abdulsamad Rabiu:      Chairman/CEO  BUA Group
46.   Late Augustine Llodibe:     Transport Magnate, Ekenedili Chukwu
47.   Tony Ezenna:             Oranges Drugs Group
48.   Alhaji Sani Dangote:      Shrewd Northern Business man.
49.   Chief Ade Ojo:           Elizade Nig Ltd, distributor of Toyota cars
50.   Prince Samuel Adedoyin:           Doyin Group

Others not in the top 50 are:

Tony Elumelu:    MD/CEO UBA Group
Arthur Nzeribe    frontline Politician
Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu        frontline politician and business man
Ifeanyi Ubah                 Capital Oil and Gas
Cecilia Ibru        MD/CEO Oceanic Bank (she did not make the top 50 because much of her wealth is traced to her husband)

Research also shows that the some of the financially strong families in Nigeria are:

The Dantata family
Abacha family
Babangida family
Ibru family
Uba family

That's all i can share for now. If you feel there is anyone left out, please feel free to add it. I hope to be on this list one day, what about you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by SisiEko1(f): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2010
Does this list put food on anyone's table? WHO CARES?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by consultmartins(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2010
Sisi Eko:

Does this list put food on anyone's table? WHO CARES?

It doesn't put food on the table but it sure should inspire you to think big. It shows that there is money to be made in Nigeria if you are willing to challenge your creativity. It shows that Nigeria is blessed.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by kodewrita(m): 10:48am On Mar 29, 2010
The following names are now inspiring me to think big:

Late General Sani Abacha: Looter and mass murderer
IBB: looter
Cecilia Ibru: Embezzler-in-chief
Chris and Andy Uba: Political thugs/Embezzlers
James Ibori:Embezzler
Dikko: Political prostitute and secret embezzler
Olusegun Obasanjo:Embezzler and coup plotter.
Atiku: Customs looter/Privatizer-turned-pocketizer/Embezzler

So inspiring, now to buy my AK47S.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Abbaj: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2010
All the so called billioneers are group of thiefs, muderer's nd blood suckers go inspire urself with corrupt n blood filthy money n wealth, obama, mother theresa n gud people inspires me

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by consultmartins(m): 3:20pm On Mar 30, 2010
Most of the men on that list of top 50 made their money genuinely. They worked very hard for their money. Men such as Mike Adenuga, Cosmos Maduka and few others. These men started from nothing and built mega empires. Such men inspire me. I don't know about you.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by kodewrita(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2010
Oops I omitted Nzeribe, Marwa, Dikko,
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by damselle: 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
Can anyone give figures of their net worth?
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 13, 2010
why include the dead on your list
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 13, 2010
consultmartins:

For a long now, there has been a silent battle of who's who in Nigeria's. To quench the thirst for knowledge and put an end to this long time exaggeration, i decided to carry out an individual research. The comprehensive result of this research is what i want to share here on Nairaland.

Most of these people decided to lie low and avoid the lime light of the Forbes ranking but they are billionaires by all standards. These men and women rich to the bone. I also want to let you know that if all these men should declare their assets to Forbes, it will raise some dust for some of them and it will also create a battle for the first position between them.

The criteria for coming up with this information is this:

1.   By the value of their shares held in quoted companies.
2.   The size and market share of their companies
3.   The number of companies they own and its assumed value
4.   The market value of their company's brand
5.   Their political activities, leverage and shrewdness

Below are the movers and shakers

1.   Aliko Dangote:     Owner of Dangote Group and Forbes richest black man.
2.   Dr Mike Adenuga:      A Silent humble Billionaire, Chairman, Globacom, Equitorial Trust Bank, Conoil and others.

3.   Jimoh Ibrahim:           Global Fleet and Nicon Group, one of Africa's largest Insurance company
4.   Late Sanusi Dantata:   Largest licensed buying agent of groundnut and cement. Grand father of Aliko Dangote. He mentored and gave Aliko Dangote a loan of N500,000, excluding other settlement pay in 1976.

5.   Olorogun Michael Ibru:    The man behind the wealth of the Ibru Family.
6.   Pascal Dozie:                 Silent Billionaire, founder of Diamond Bank, MTN Nigeria Ltd etc.
7.   Late Gen Sani Abacha:    Former Head of State
8.   Rtd Gen Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida:    Former Head of State and frontline politician
9.   Umaru Abdul Mutallab:   Mutallab Group, former chairman of First Bank Plc. If not for the terrorism act of his son, nobody would have known much about this silent billionaire.

10.   Orji Uzor Kalu:             Slok Group, former Governor and frontline Politician
11.   Alhaji Shehu Dantata:           Dantata Group
12.   Femi Otedola               Chaiman of AP and owner of Zenon Oil and Gas
13.   Harry Akande:            Frontline politician and Business man.
14.   Chris Uba:                 Business man and no-nonsense political Godfather
15.   Oba Otudeka:             Honeywell Group and other companies
16.   Olusegun Obasanjo:     Former president of Nigeria, rumored to be worth about N180bn
17.    Late Maryam Babangida:   Wife of IBB, Business woman. humble, silent and stinkingly rich.
18.    Andy Uba:                 Business man, frontline politician. Owns lots of properties including two mansions in Maitama Abuja valued at N4bn each. In Maitama, a plot of land goes for nothing less than N800m.

19.   Atiku Abubakar:       Former vice President of Nigeria and frontline politician.
20.   Hajiya Dr Mariya Dantata:       Strong business woman. Very quiet about her financial status.
21.   Chief Rasaq Okoya:    Eleganza Group
22.   Cosmos Maduka:     Owner of Coscharis Group, sole distrbutor of BMW and Ford vehicles in west Africa

23.   Pastor Enoch Adeboye:  Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church Of God. Owns two Jets and ships.
24.     Alhaji Sayyu Dantata:  founder, MRS Group. Recently acquired Chevron Nigeria and Texaco
25.   Deinde Fernandez:         Nigerian business man in diaspora
26.   Late sir Mobolaji Bank Anthony:       Rich business man with over ten companies
27.   Peter Odili:                            former Governor of oil rich state, owns a jet.
28.   Bayo Ligali:           MD/CEO  Zain Nigeria, also controls other companies.
29.   Bola Ahmed Tinubu:       former Governor of Lagos state, frontline politician
30.   Raymond Dokpesi:          Owner of AIT, Daar communication, Ray power etc
31.   James Ibori:                  former Governor of Delta state
32.   Chief Cletus Ibeto:          founder and owner of the Ibeto Group
33.   Otunba Subomi Balogun:             Chaiman, FCMB
33.   Fola Adeola:                  founder GTBank
34.   Gabriel Osawuru Igbinedion:   Okada Group
35.   Jim Ovia:             founder of Zenith Bank, Visafone Telecom
36.   Dele Fajemirokun:    Chaiman, Aiico Insurance, Xerox Nigeria, Chicken Republic, Kings Guards etc.
37.   Late Yinka Folawiyo:  Folawiyo Group
38.   Chief Molade Okoya Thomas:   Chairman CFAO Nig and other six french companies
39.   Umaru Dikko:          frontline politician
40.   Buba Marwa:          former military Governor of Lagos state
41.   Late M.K.O Abiola:   Business man and frontline politician
42.   Sir Emeka Offor:       Chrome Group, ERHC Energy inc
43.   Wale Babalakin:    Chairman, Bi-Courtney
44.   Rochas Okorocha:         Business man
45.   Abdulsamad Rabiu:      Chairman/CEO  BUA Group
46.   Late Augustine Llodibe:     Transport Magnate, Ekenedili Chukwu
47.   Tony Ezenna:             Oranges Drugs Group
48.   Alhaji Sani Dangote:      Shrewd Northern Business man.
49.   Chief Ade Ojo:           Elizade Nig Ltd, distributor of Toyota cars
50.   Prince Samuel Adedoyin:           Doyin Group

Others not in the top 50 are:

Tony Elumelu:    MD/CEO UBA Group
Arthur Nzeribe    frontline Politician
Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu        frontline politician and business man
Ifeanyi Ubah                 Capital Oil and Gas
Cecilia Ibru        MD/CEO Oceanic Bank (she did not make the top 50 because much of her wealth is traced to her husband)

Research also shows that the some of the financially strong families in Nigeria are:

The Dantata family
Abacha family
Babangida family
Ibru family
Uba family

That's all i can share for now. If you feel there is anyone left out, please feel free to add it. I hope to be on this list one day, what about you.

Dude how long have you bn jobless?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by 9janews(m): 6:09am On Oct 13, 2010
How come we always celebrate criminals and looters of public fund!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Vindy: 10:03am On Oct 13, 2010
You mentioned a lot of people that their money strength is no longer the way it used to be. Chief O.B Lulu Briggs the owner of several oil blocks and founder Moni Pulo oil and Gas. He is one of the richest if not the richest man in south south Nigeria. But very humble and humane.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Tolujoseph(m): 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
This list is bunkum. When next you want to post names for richest nigerians, pls and pls exclude this idiotic politician. They are thieves and we all know that. When you want to make a list like this pls and pls make a proper research and not this lackluster one here. Nigerian politicians aint billionaires, they are sophisticated armed robbers but all the same, armed robber na armed robber. Ask yourslf how could Obj have about 180bn? Haha. Fink
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by naijaobi(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2010
there are so many you forgot to mention bro,
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Emade(m): 4:17am On Nov 04, 2010
nice job. i do not think that u have something doing.pls tell the house the 5o poorest people in nigeria.may god help u.
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by MaiSuya(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
Emade:

nice job. i do not think that u have something doing.pls tell the house the [b]5o poorest people in nigeri[/b]a.may god help u.

The fifty poorest people are about 70 million in number. . .hope that makes sense? undecided

@ topic, striking the few number of Easterners on that list, considering their business and all. . .
Particularly surprised that Iwuanyawu is so low on on it.
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 06, 2010
Wats wrong with this guy,plot of land in maitama for 800m??abeg get a life,we hardly sold ours for 250m evn wt a building on it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Babakwara(m): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2011
Cecilia Ibru, the biggest economic fraudster by deeds.The researcher should have evaluate her wealth through legitimate source!
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by RowlandJo: 8:27am On Nov 08, 2011
Great analysis Martins. Would love to get in touch with you how about hitting me @ rollymakkay@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by poetdee1(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
Why have people decided to shut the guy down? He took his time to make the list up and you all complain. Yet you pick up Forbes magazine . Before you ask, yes Forbes include fraudsters and embezzlers like Roman Abramovich and ruthless business men like Carlos Slim before you argue with me do your research. The world is not bothered about how you get your wealth, the list is about how much people are worth. Politicians are the same all around the world, Tony and Cherie Blair are worth an estimated £60m. Tony Blair is costing British taxpayers £6 million a year for his personal protection and Shell controls our oil wealth to suit them. Instead of worrying about the injustice around the world or better still ignore and make a life. We moan moan moan.
Good luck to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by kobama: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2012
actually it does put food on many pple's table, as many R employed and empowered by these rich pple. pple should now that not all is designed to be rich. yes, to be comfortable and in good health, but not to be rich. so when there are list like this of wealthy pple; some ill gotten and some not, only God knows, pple sholud not go condeming and acting like hatteeeeeers if not they will never smell the goodness of money and wealth in their existence in this world. wealth and richness is a game. you should see how its being played, you will marvel @ their way of life. should you not have the heart for it, you either take to your heels and be sideline watcher or go on full scale.

As me, i work, i feed myself and others around me, happy by the day and await the judgement of God. so dont be a hatter of wealth and rich pple. be happy for them or pity them as they have so much burden on their shoulders more than you can image
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Tabon: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2012
Fellow Nigerians. I am very sure that most of d persons parading today are d oil cabals that have kept Nigeria in a sorry state. 20yrs ago before d introduction of fuel subsidy and d false claims of importation,these persons nobody.
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by mamagee3(f): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
Who cares?

It's not like these men give me some share of their wealth.
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
@poster I believe OBJ is worth more than 180B ,because even his domestic Aid(Andy Uba) declare 1trillion to‎​ inec in 2007!...
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by tamiesa(m): 4:33am On Aug 03, 2012
so after all these talk for and against the list, whats the way forward?
what are u all doing genuinely to create wealth for yourselves so that u can strike out (replace) all those names on the list?
lets be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by domiron: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
Tamiesa i quite agree with you. I wonder who put gay arsed politicians on the list?. They don't count. Only genuine business men should count. Politicians?, no way...Me?...ten years from now, I'll be UN-top of all dem lot. grin
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by onyfrank: 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
Please tell one of them to mail me, at frank_onyebuchi@yahoo.com. I have a bank acct to give. Jst need N3m out of dat trilions. Godblex. Am cirius
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by tamtee: 12:09am On Dec 16, 2012
sobere Diri..... CEO Hamilton Technologies Limited name is supposed to be dere
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by blossom29: 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Thanks for the list @poster but seriosly all of them don't inspire me because they are not humanitarians. What is the use of their money to us if they can't help the poor and needy? . With or without proof most of them made their money and names by embezzlement. sad
Re: Nigeria's Top 50 Richest Billionaires by Montee57(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
WHERE IS AUTHUR 1000,WHAT OF DAVIDO'S FATHER MICHAL ADELEKE,WHAT OF THE CEO OF GOLDEN PENNY NIG LIMITED,WHAT OF ROTIMI AMAECHI.AND WHEN WRITTING RICHEST BUSINESSMEN YOU DON'T PUT THIS DUDE POLITICIANS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 / Football(+) Betting Season 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.